Author Topic: Texas convicts man in "Stand Your Ground" Case  (Read 507 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Texas convicts man in "Stand Your Ground" Case
« on: June 14, 2012, 07:19:42 AM »
Zimmerman better take notes and start getting his plea bargain face on....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/13/closings-set-in-houston-stand-your-ground-trial/

A Texas man who claimed the state's version of a stand-your-ground law allowed him to fatally shoot a neighbor after an argument about a party has been convicted of murder.

A jury convicted 47-year-old Raul Rodriguez Wednesday in Houston in the death of 36-year-old Kelly Danaher. He faces up to life in prison.

Rodriguez, who videotaped the incident, can be heard on the recording saying he feared for his life and was standing his ground.

Prosecutors called Rodriguez the aggressor who took a gun when he went to complain about Danaher's party in 2010.

Defense attorneys argued the retired Houston-area firefighter acted in self-defense.

In February, a neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida fatally shot an unarmed black teenager, Trayvon Martin, and is relying on a stand-your-ground law for his defense.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/13/closings-set-in-houston-stand-your-ground-trial/#ixzz1xmFnvlzV
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Texas convicts man in "Stand Your Ground" Case
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 09:32:22 AM »
and you just KNOW the zimmerman coverage played into this.

You'll have rogue jurors trying to get 'justice for trayvon' by voting guilty now for shootings all of the time.

fucking morons = getbiggers who said zimmerman's erroneous use of the stand your ground defense wouldn't erode gun rights.  You deserve to be sodomized with an obama-flavored magLite.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 06:29:37 PM »
and you just KNOW the zimmerman coverage played into this.

You'll have rogue jurors trying to get 'justice for trayvon' by voting guilty now for shootings all of the time.

fucking morons = getbiggers who said zimmerman's erroneous use of the stand your ground defense wouldn't erode gun rights.  You deserve to be sodomized with an obama-flavored magLite.

He decided to go over their house instead of calling the police about the noise from the party.  I believe he intended to kill them anyway and decided to take a camera with him saying "stand your ground" to justify it.  Not a great idea
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 07:13:12 PM »

He decided to go over their house instead of calling the police about the noise from the party.  I believe he intended to kill them anyway and decided to take a camera with him saying "stand your ground" to justify it.  Not a great idea

this is the problem.  people who obviously want to KILL someone, who try to find a legal way to do it.

reminds me of the way trayvon had committed no crime, yet was chased 2 blocks in the dark by an adult with a gun. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 07:49:45 PM »
I dont believe Texas has a stand your ground law, not that it matters since Zimmerman isnt using that as a defense...

but hey if airsoft guns can be converted to real guns I guess this is relevant too!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 08:06:35 PM »
In 2005 Texas passed House Bill 94 which created an exception for unlawful entry of place of residence to a 1973 statute, which required a person to retreat in the face of a criminal attack unless a "reasonable person in the actor's situation would not have retreated".

In 2007 Texas Legislature passed Senate Bill 378 which extends a person’s right to stand their ground beyond the home to vehicles and workplaces, allowing the reasonable use of deadly force when an intruder is:
Committing certain violent crimes, such as murder or sexual assault, or is attempting to commit such crimes;
Unlawfully trying to enter a protected place; or Unlawfully trying to remove a person from a protected place.

Senate Bill 378, made effective September 1, 2007, also "abolishes the duty to retreat if the defendant can show he: (1) had a right to be present at the location where deadly force was used; (2) did not provoke the person against whom deadly force was used; and (3) was not engaged in criminal activity at the time deadly force was used."

------------

Looks like it's a very specific law and doesn't cover going to another persons house and causing trouble.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 08:11:58 PM »
the guy definitely shouldnt have been outside, I heard a audio recording of the event(may have seen the video I dont remember)

Either way the use of deadly force wasnt needed in my opinion. It sounded like he just got hit or maybe pushed and then started firing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 09:19:23 PM »
I dont believe Texas has a stand your ground law, not that it matters since Zimmerman isnt using that as a defense...

Initially, his first lawyer said he wasn't using it.  On a thursday night on CNN Anderson cooper.

Then, 60 hours later he was on ABC Sunday Morning talking about how zimm was clearly defended by stand your ground law.

BOOM - opened the floodgates for bloomberg and these 300,000 florida liberals to sign a petition to erode rights.

Now, I dont know what strategy his new lawyer will use, and neitehr do you.  If his lawyer has showed 1 thing, it's that he has no control over zimm and doesn't know a lot of what is going on with the case. 

But zimm has ALREADY fucked up gun rights.  Already.  Just by having his dogshite lawyer spewing that garbage that sunday morning.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 03:47:18 AM »
Initially, his first lawyer said he wasn't using it.  On a thursday night on CNN Anderson cooper.

Then, 60 hours later he was on ABC Sunday Morning talking about how zimm was clearly defended by stand your ground law.

BOOM - opened the floodgates for bloomberg and these 300,000 florida liberals to sign a petition to erode rights.

Now, I dont know what strategy his new lawyer will use, and neitehr do you.  If his lawyer has showed 1 thing, it's that he has no control over zimm and doesn't know a lot of what is going on with the case. 

But zimm has ALREADY fucked up gun rights.  Already.  Just by having his dogshite lawyer spewing that garbage that sunday morning.
LOL youre about as concerned about gun rights as you are that zimmerman be given a fair trail.

piss off troll...