Author Topic: Dave Palumbo - why didnt he turn pro?  (Read 42594 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Palumbo and reality....
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2012, 07:31:53 AM »
Slash looks great w/his hair like that.
Seattle 1992 wants its look retired. 

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2012, 08:06:34 AM »
lol at flexing your arm not remembering it s covered by clothes.

Is it me or palumbo is seriously getting smaller these days?

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2012, 08:15:53 AM »
Palumbo is a bit smaller I give you that, but he's lean,healthy,very busy besides wearing baggy clothes too.....

It does not come as surprise at all, that GetBiggers are bashing him here non-stop yet they praise him when they see him in person.....

No wonder he feels this site is a nothing but a sewer and won't share his wisdom anytime soon with the more decent ones around here........

Gald you brought that out at least.

Meaningless

• Getbig III
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2012, 08:36:45 AM »
Palumbo is a lying scumbag.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2012, 09:54:59 AM »
beautiful man with eyeliner

orion

• Getbig IV
Re: Getbig I bring you Dave Palumbo
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2012, 09:56:52 AM »
Jesus fuck, 850?!

An elite and world-beating powerlifter requires lifting gear to approach such squatting weight, and you think some bodybuilder who has never worn gear and never done direct powerlifting training can do it?!

Oh, not to mention I have seen Dave train in the flesh and there just is NO way he has ever had the strength to squat a full rep, raw, with anywhere close to even seven.

When I was editor at Peak Training Journal (RIP) we got Palumbo to pose for some "hardcore" training shots and he just about got crushed STANDING under 585. If he had bent his knees, it would have been one very fast freefall to the gym floor, let me tell you.

850?!!!

Your post just proves what so many here say: there are a lot of members who either don't lift at all or have next to zero knowledge about anything weight-training related.

850?!!!!  

I am going to do my best and try to find that article so you don't make a liar out of me.  But seriously the guy was rumored to be close to 300 lbs at his peak so that kind of weight is not inconcievable.
Back in the 80's I witnessed a Mr Canada competitor squat 7 plates for an easy couple of reps with no warm up, no wraps and he was only 230.  I myself have done 615 at 205lbs.  Even today I rack squat 600 for 5 with no wraps. I cant imagine a guy who has 100 lbs more muscle than me and every drug known to man to be as weak as you say. I could be wrong.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2012, 10:51:13 AM »
Palumbo is a bit smaller I give you that, but he's lean,healthy,very busy besides wearing baggy clothes too.....

It does not come as surprise at all, that GetBiggers are bashing him here non-stop yet they praise him when they see him in person.....

No wonder he feels this site is a nothing but a sewer and won't share his wisdom anytime soon with the more decent ones around here........

Gald you brought that out at least.

True what you said, either way, I just don't like Dave. And the diet he pushes is not "his diet" he just re vamped something from way back and put his name on it. He wears eye liner and his radio show lost it's flair. At first you felt it was for the love, then all the commercials and him having to have too much control over everything just fucked it up. Good job goofball....

I will never respect him as he had precision peptides as a sponsor on his site, they sold crap and he stood behind this company as he let them sponsor his site. At the time, nobody would confess the stuff was bad. Then... Months later they hint us... "well the liquid versions won't work as good as pharma" Really? Now you tell us, after all the negative feedback, feedback of which you KNEW we were right on.

That plus him selling fake GH in the day makes for him being a dude I just don't trust.

The end.
?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2012, 11:03:09 AM »
barbarian bro

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2012, 11:06:50 AM »
look at the size of Palumbo's paws :o

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »
True what you said, either way, I just don't like Dave. And the diet he pushes is not "his diet" he just re vamped something from way back and put his name on it. He wears eye liner and his radio show lost it's flair. At first you felt it was for the love, then all the commercials and him having to have too much control over everything just fucked it up. Good job goofball....

I will never respect him as he had precision peptides as a sponsor on his site, they sold crap and he stood behind this company as he let them sponsor his site. At the time, nobody would confess the stuff was bad. Then... Months later they hint us... "well the liquid versions won't work as good as pharma" Really? Now you tell us, after all the negative feedback, feedback of which you KNEW we were right on.

That plus him selling fake GH in the day makes for him being a dude I just don't trust.

The end.

I always say there's 2 sides to a story. I have a lot of friends who loved precision and got great results with their peptides. I've been lurking on this site for a few years and I still have yet to see proof why this guy should be hated like he does. I think people just love to hate. He seems like a good dude

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2012, 11:35:41 AM »
I always say there's 2 sides to a story. I have a lot of friends who loved precision and got great results with their peptides. I've been lurking on this site for a few years and I still have yet to see proof why this guy should be hated like he does. I think people just love to hate. He seems like a good dude
Good enough to buy some gh offa him?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2012, 11:38:33 AM »
Palumbo has had his ups and downs, been busted... done some bad stuff, but all in all he's a business man and as a business man, you don't want to fuck over your customer base.

Has he done some negative shit in the past, sure... no doubt, but sometimes you just gotta move the fuck on.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2012, 11:43:50 AM »
Good enough to buy some gh offa him?
Hasn't this story been beat to death? You do know Dave was taking it as well, like most dealers do, because he thought it was real. He was involved in a sketchy business (bodybuilding) and 90% of guys on this board have had similar sketchy things happen to them. People make these judgments without cold facts. Everyone just wants to jump on the bandwagon and go rape and pillage someone's image.

***Insert "hi Dave!" comment here***

***"rape and pillage..."...insert "racist post reported" comment here***

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2012, 11:46:14 AM »
Hasn't this story been beat to death? You do know Dave was taking it as well, like most dealers do, because he thought it was real. He was involved in a sketchy business (bodybuilding) and 90% of guys on this board have had similar sketchy things happen to them. People make these judgments without cold facts. Everyone just wants to jump on the bandwagon and go rape and pillage someone's image.

x2

Can't hate on you for this post.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2012, 11:47:22 AM »

Oh, since you explained it, it's ok. You have a degree in historical revisionism, or moral relativism? Oh brother.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: does this old man have better body than palumbo
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2012, 11:51:15 AM »

Lay off of the fucking Insulin Wes!!!! Oh my gut!  Tier 8.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: does this old man have better body than palumbo
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2012, 11:57:28 AM »
hahaaaa!!!!

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2012, 12:32:07 PM »
I am going to do my best and try to find that article so you don't make a liar out of me.  But seriously the guy was rumored to be close to 300 lbs at his peak so that kind of weight is not inconcievable.
Back in the 80's I witnessed a Mr Canada competitor squat 7 plates for an easy couple of reps with no warm up, no wraps and he was only 230.  I myself have done 615 at 205lbs.  Even today I rack squat 600 for 5 with no wraps. I cant imagine a guy who has 100 lbs more muscle than me and every drug known to man to be as weak as you say. I could be wrong.

Fortress would know.

he's not saying that any 300 lb. bodybuilder can't squat 850lb.  i've seen it myself and so has he.  what he is saying is that he personally knows that Palumbo at 300 lb. couldn't come close to that weight. and with no bias. he has worked for multiple muscle mags, and watched Dave train personally

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2012, 12:37:26 PM »
Fortress would know.

he's not saying that any 300 lb. bodybuilder can't squat 850lb.  i've seen it myself and so has he.  what he is saying is that he personally knows that Palumbo at 300 lb. couldn't come close to that weight. and with no bias. he has worked for multiple muscle mags, and watched Dave train personally

Well then that is disappointing.  When I see a guy who is built like a house, I expect him to be able to lift a house!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Dave Palumbo - why didnt he turn pro?
« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2012, 12:39:04 PM »
No gut on me my friend.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2012, 01:06:18 PM »
No gut on me my friend.
I feel bad about these OLD-jokes, Wes... :(
I done it too..

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2012, 01:10:26 PM »
Well then that is disappointing.  When I see a guy who is built like a house, I expect him to be able to lift a house!

i used to train with a guy who had pecs twice the size of mine, but he could only bench half the weight i could.

he would say 'i'd rather look like i can bench 500, than have to go to the gym and prove it all the time'

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2012, 01:10:48 PM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2012, 01:39:10 PM »
Palumbo looks like he's about to pop

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2012, 01:40:15 PM »
lol at flexing your arm not remembering it s covered by clothes.

I think he's flexing his face.