Author Topic: Thanks Obamacare: 83% of Doctors Surveyed Say They May Quit if law implemented  (Read 29193 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Thanks Obamacare: 83% of Doctors Surveyed Say They May Quit
 Townhall ^ | 06/15/2012 | Kate Hicks

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katehicks/2012/06/14/thanks_obamacare_83_of_doctors_surveyed_say_they_may_quit

The Doctor Patient Medical Association has released a new survey of about 700 doctors, and the results are bleak. Scary bleak. Among other dismal figures, Doctors' Attitudes on the Future of Medicine: What’s Wrong, Who’s to Blame, and What Will Fix It found that 83% of respondents are contemplating leaving the industry if Obamacare is fully implemented, owing to its disastrous projected consequences. Indeed, they openly blame the healthcare law for their industry's woes:

KEY FINDINGS
• 90% say the medical system is on the WRONG TRACK
• 83% say they are thinking about QUITTING
• 61% say the system challenges their ETHICS
• 85% say the patient-physician relationship is in a TAILSPIN
• 65% say GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT is most to blame for current problems
• 72% say individual insurance mandate will NOT result in improved access care
• 49% say they will STOP accepting Medicaid patients
• 74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely
• 52% say they would rather treat some Medicaid/Medicare patient for FREE
• 57% give the AMA a FAILING GRADE representing them
• 1 out of 3 doctors is HESITANT to voice their opinion
• 2 out of 3 say they are JUST SQUEAKING BY OR IN THE RED financially
• 95% say private practice is losing out to CORPORATE MEDICINE
• 80% say DOCTORS/MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS are most likely to help solve things
• 70% say REDUCING GOVERNMENT would be single best fix.

If this isn't an airtight argument for the repeal of Obamacare, nothing is. When the people providing the actual healthcare are thinking of getting out of the game, the system is clearly broken. Here's hoping the Supreme Court strikes down Obamacare this month.

________________________ _____________________

Option FAIL & Lurker - eat shit morons. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Option FAIL - another thing, spare your bullshit about Doctors for America.  That is nothing but an Obama front group. 

Tool. 

But I hope you now can feel rejoice in the fact that the God King messiah you worship is now destroying your chosen profession.   Cheers. 

http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2009/05/11/gvbf0511.htm

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Thanks Obamacare: 83% of Doctors Surveyed Say They May Quit
 Townhall ^ | 06/15/2012 | Kate Hicks

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katehicks/2012/06/14/thanks_obamacare_83_of_doctors_surveyed_say_they_may_quit

The Doctor Patient Medical Association has released a new survey of about 700 doctors, and the results are bleak. Scary bleak. Among other dismal figures, Doctors' Attitudes on the Future of Medicine: What’s Wrong, Who’s to Blame, and What Will Fix It found that 83% of respondents are contemplating leaving the industry if Obamacare is fully implemented, owing to its disastrous projected consequences. Indeed, they openly blame the healthcare law for their industry's woes:

KEY FINDINGS
• 74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely

If this isn't an airtight argument for the repeal of Obamacare, nothing is. When the people providing the actual healthcare are thinking of getting out of the game, the system is clearly broken. Here's hoping the Supreme Court strikes down Obamacare this month.

________________________ _____________________

Option FAIL & Lurker - eat shit morons. 

I can garrantee that not 1 single doctor will quit....not one.  Being a doctor is way too lucrative and I would seriously doubt someone would throw away all those years of work to get that sheepskin
A

War-Horse

• Getbig V
We have the most expensive healthcare system in the world and yet we will lose our houses and be destitute to pay a bill for a heart attack that we never wanted to happen in the first place.  Universal healthcare where all pay what they can is the only answer.
The insurance companies would have had people flocking to buy policies because of the mandate..........would have been a HUGE amount of money.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
We have the most expensive healthcare system in the world and yet we will lose our houses and be destitute to pay a bill for a heart attack that we never wanted to happen in the first place.  Universal healthcare where all pay what they can is the only answer.
The insurance companies would have had people flocking to buy policies because of the mandate..........would have been a HUGE amount of money.

Why was healthcare affordable (like any other service) in the past, but now it isn't?

???

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Why was healthcare affordable (like any other service) in the past, but now it isn't?

???

Insurance companies, government and HMO's.

Look at higher education....back in the 60's-70's my parents were able to pay for school by doing summer jobs and saving their money. Now, well, different story.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Insurance companies, government and HMO's.

Look at higher education....back in the 60's-70's my parents were able to pay for school by doing summer jobs and saving their money. Now, well, different story.

Yeah, I think what I meant to ask is can we ever go back to those days?

???

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Yeah, I think what I meant to ask is can we ever go back to those days?

???

Think of all the money those companies etc "donate" to Congressman/Presidents campaigns and all. And then think about how many Congressman/staff-members/board members cross pollinate.

It's all entrenched. So I guess the answer is no.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Think of all the money those companies etc "donate" to Congressman/Presidents campaigns and all. And then think about how many Congressman/staff-members/board members cross pollinate.

Good point, sad  :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Bump for licker

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

+1

War-Horse

• Getbig V

???

Because our healthcare system is a "For profit company"  It answers to share holders to increase profits.  Each insurance company has an entire division that tries to keep from denying you coverage even if youve been paying premiums for 20 yrs. They dont care and they get bonuses from turning down your claim.
This is common even on homeowners policys ( Still an insurance company).    My mother paid for 30 yrs to state farm and then a blizzard knocked a tree down on her roof.   My dad took care of the roof but they needed the large split base of the tree taken away. She thought no problem... well they canceled her when the time for renewal came (once a year).......Un freaking believable.  This is what happens when theres no oversite or rules to play by and its all crashing down soon.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Henninger: ObamaCare's Lost Tribe: Doctors

The practice of medicine is the Obama health-care law's biggest loser.

By DANIEL HENNINGER

Like this columnist

Back at the at the dawn of ObamaCare in June 2009, speaking to the American Medical Association's annual meeting, President Obama said: "No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period."

But will your doctor be able to keep you? Or will your doctor even want to keep you, rather than quit medicine?

For the longest time now, since the day one of the Affordable Care Act, we have been having arguments over the mandate to purchase health-care insurance, requirements that insurance companies accept policyholders regardless of health, and price discrimination in insurance policies.

Corbis.

And of course this past week, the Supreme Court—or something resembling the Supreme Court—outputted a decision on the tax status of the insurance-purchase mandate, the states' obligation to pay for Medicaid and as a bonus, the Commerce Clause.

Have you noticed what got lost in this historic rumble? Doctors. Remember them?

ObamaCare has been a war over the processing of insurance claims. It has been fought by institutional interests representing insurance, hospital and pharmaceutical firms. The doctor-patient relationship, or what used to be called "the practice of medicine," has sunk beneath these waves.

Barack Obama, a savvy pol, understood from the start that rationalizing payments claims through the maw of these private and public bureaucracies was not what the average person thinks of as "health care." To any normal person, health care means that when you or yours get really sick, the doctors and nurses who attend to you will push all else aside to give you medical help.

Thus, the constant Obama chorus that you can "keep your own doctor." No one knows better than Barack Obama that his law sends the nation's doctors on a voyage into an uncharted health-care world in which they are just along for the ride with their patients.

A Wall Street Journal story the day after the Supreme Court ruling examined in detail its impact across the "health sector." The words "doctor," "physician" and "nurse" appeared nowhere in this report. The piece, however, did cite the view of one CEO who runs a chain of hospitals, explaining how they'd deal with the law's expected $155 billion in compensation cuts. "We will make it up in volume," he said.

Volume? Would that be another word for human beings? It is now. At Obama Memorial, docs won't be treating patients. They'll be processing "volume." And then, with what time and energy remains in the day, they'll be inputting medical data to comply with the law's new Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS), lodged in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid.

Here's the Centers' own description of what PQRS does: "The program provides an incentive payment to practices with eligible professionals (identified on claims by their individual National Provider Identifier [NPI] and Tax Identification Number [TIN]) who satisfactorily report data on quality measures for covered Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) services furnished to Medicare Part B Fee-for-Service (FFS)."

We're all pressed for thinking time these days, but the one group we should make sure has time to focus on what's in front of them is doctors treating patients. Instead, they'll also be doing mandated data dumps for far-off panels of experts.

Doubts, even among believers, have begun to emerge about what ObamaCare could do to the practice of medicine. A remarkable and important piece by Drs. Christine K. Cassel and Sachin H. Jain in the June 17 Journal of the American Medical Association directly asks: "Does Measurement Suppress Motivation?"

The question raised by the article is whether imposing pay-for-performance measurements on individual physicians does more harm than good: "[C]lose attention must be given to whether and how these initiatives motivate physicians and not turn physicians into pawns working only toward specific measurable outcomes, losing the complex problem-solving and diagnostic capabilities essential to their role in quality of patient care, and diminish their sense of professional responsibility by making it a market commodity."

This is an important piece, because Dr. Cassel is part of the intellectual foundation for the measured-directives movement. The saying that comes to mind reading these misgivings is that it's better late than never to notice that the core relationship between doctor and patient is being eroded. Except that in the wake of Chief Justice Roberts's upholding of the Affordable Care Act, it's too late and we're beyond never.

Mitt Romney needs a way to talk about health care in America. This isn't just a fight over insurance companies. It's about the people at the center of health care—doctors. The Affordable Care Act will damage that most crucial of all life relationships, that between an ill person and his physician. Barack Obama's assertion that we all can keep our doctors is false. You could line up practicing physicians from here to Boston to explain to Mr. Romney why that is so.

Write to henninger@wsj.com

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Because our healthcare system is a "For profit company"  It answers to share holders to increase profits.  Each insurance company has an entire division that tries to keep from denying you coverage even if youve been paying premiums for 20 yrs. They dont care and they get bonuses from turning down your claim.
This is common even on homeowners policys ( Still an insurance company).    My mother paid for 30 yrs to state farm and then a blizzard knocked a tree down on her roof.   My dad took care of the roof but they needed the large split base of the tree taken away. She thought no problem... well they canceled her when the time for renewal came (once a year).......Un freaking believable.  This is what happens when theres no oversite or rules to play by and its all crashing down soon.

Yup we could fix that by having government run health care but people were freaking out over this calling it communist, and now we have the option where they have to consult private companies and thats wrong too. People are gonna complain no matter what

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC θ un asino

I can garrantee that not 1 single doctor will quit....not one.  Being a doctor is way too lucrative and I would seriously doubt someone would throw away all those years of work to get that sheepskin

Possibly not, but many doctors who have amassed enough to live on may retire early.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Possibly not, but many doctors who have amassed enough to live on may retire early.

Not to mention dissaude people from going into medicine now. 

Why would anyone bother any more to undertake such expense and liability when you have communist rabble like Obama looming overhead?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.

Of course they are quitting.  They have riots to start in the street. And cities burn.  Didn't you read the Globe article the board retard quoted regarding this?

Better get your duffel bag ready. 

::)

Funny thing about being an HA is that I can actually see the waiting list of docs wanting to contract our/my OR out and it has new names added to it all the time.  Guess they didn't get the memo.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Doctors don't want no knee grow germs
P

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Of course they are quitting.  They have riots to start in the street. And cities burn.  Didn't you read the Globe article the board retard quoted regarding this?

Better get your duffel bag ready. 

::)

Funny thing about being an HA is that I can actually see the waiting list of docs wanting to contract our/my OR out and it has new names added to it all the time.  Guess they didn't get the memo.

You know nothing. Spends a couple of years in a basement only listening to conservative news sources and then come back. Thats how knowledge is earned

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
You know nothing. Spends a couple of years in a basement only listening to conservative news sources and then come back. Thats how knowledge is earned

Right all of these doctors are lying to the pollsters.    ::)  ::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Why would anyone bother any more to undertake such expense and liability when you have communist rabble like Obama looming overhead?

The Association of American Medical Colleges is out with new data projecting that first-year medical school enrollment will steadily increase in coming years, increasing by 29 percent over the course of 15 years:   wrong again 333386,maybe in make beileve world  :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
KEY FINDINGS

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Why would anyone bother any more to undertake such expense and liability when you have communist rabble like Obama looming overhead?  says 333386

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Association of American Medical Colleges is out with new data projecting that first-year medical school enrollment will steadily increase in coming years, increasing by 29 percent over the course of 15 years:   wrong again 333386,maybe in make beileve world   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Why would anyone bother any more to undertake such expense and liability when you have communist rabble like Obama looming overhead?  says 333386

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Association of American Medical Colleges is out with new data projecting that first-year medical school enrollment will steadily increase in coming years, increasing by 29 percent over the course of 15 years:   wrong again 333386,maybe in make beileve world   

So I present findings of what is going on TODAY, and you counter that with a projection based on nothing whatsoever?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

did you write this