Author Topic: Kevin Sorbo had an aneurysm & 3 strokes  (Read 5404 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
:

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Kevin Sorbo had an aneurysm & 3 strokes
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 01:11:21 PM »
"Heaven has almost had a Herculean Angel"

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 01:13:06 PM »
This kind of disturbs me

"Meanwhile, Sorbo visited a chiropractor, who cracked his neck. Something about this alarmed Sorbo, but it wasn’t until he was driving home that he started feeling dizzy."

Chiropractors are fucking quacks. People have died from getting neck "adjustments".
from incomplete data

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 01:24:45 PM »
i get nervous when the chiropracter adjusts my neck, the sound is pretty messed up.
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 01:31:09 PM »
The way I understand it is that an aneurysm or blood clot was was already present and the chiro adjustment "released" it and it floated up to his brain.
:

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 01:37:34 PM »
i get nervous when the chiropracter adjusts my neck, the sound is pretty messed up.

Chiropractors are only somewhat decent at taking care of lower/mid back pain but their treatments are no more effective than conventional treatment, like paracetamol for example. You'll read about miracle stories all over the internet but the most rigorous studies that have been done on chiropractics show that it has little to no effect.

Adjusting the neck is super unnecessary and straight up dangerous. If you insist on going to a chiropractor then tell him/her to NOT touch your neck. Neck adjustments have no proven benefits.

The way I understand it is that an aneurysm or blood clot was was already present and the chiro adjustment "released" it and it floated up to his brain.

Although the chiropractor doesn't necessarily have to take all the blame here, that man/woman has no business whatsoever violating peoples necks.
from incomplete data

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 01:44:36 PM »
Chiropractors are only somewhat decent at taking care of lower/mid back pain but their treatments are no more effective than conventional treatment, like paracetamol for example. You'll read about miracle stories all over the internet but the most rigorous studies that have been done on chiropractics show that it has little to no effect.

Adjusting the neck is super unnecessary and straight up dangerous.

Listening to Kevin talk about that adjustment sends chills down my spine - literally  :-X

One of my best friends was married to a chiropractor (RIP) and I loved him to death, but would not let him touch my neck!
:

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 01:48:52 PM »
This kind of disturbs me

"Meanwhile, Sorbo visited a chiropractor, who cracked his neck. Something about this alarmed Sorbo, but it wasn’t until he was driving home that he started feeling dizzy."

Chiropractors are fucking quacks. People have died from getting neck "adjustments".

This. You should never let anyone adjust your neck. Just your testicles.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 01:58:41 PM »
Poor Kev, never knew that.

Although i knew something had happened to him, due to his declining physique.

Thought it was just age.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 02:23:34 PM »
i dont trust em.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 02:25:17 PM »
This kind of disturbs me

i used to believe in them used to go for my back, than the guy kept me coming got to be i felt fine going in this big bone cracker guy was 6 ft 8 and about 320 and after coming out would feel like a wreck. you know the old saying fool me once shame on me well that was it haven't been there in 20 years. and probably never again.
F

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 02:47:35 PM »
  Shamans

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 03:10:23 PM »
This kind of disturbs me

This happened to me. I'm not shitting you. I've posted about it a few times. Most scared I'd ever been. Had to get carted out of his office on a stretcher.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 04:44:03 PM »
He seems to have made a remarkable recovery.
:

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 04:56:27 PM »

Call me stupid but I'd never ever let a chiropractor touch me, let alone crack my neck. I just like not being a quadriplegic way too much.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 05:13:43 PM »
Well funnily enough my mother had a stroke after a physio session where her neck was being prodded etc which she said was really painful at the time! Makes you wonder ???

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »
Well funnily enough my mother had a stroke after a physio session where her neck was being prodded etc which she said was really painful at the time! Makes you wonder ???

I'm very sorry to hear that.  How is she doing now? 

I have an uncle who looks just like my dad (RIP) who had a stroke and it makes me cry every time I see him straining to speak or do anything.

:

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »
yeh shes made a decent recovery actually, probably one of the luckier ones as ive seen some people really bad afterwards!
She literally woke up the day after this physio session, and couldnt get out the bed! Took a while but she only has slight weakness in her left arm and struggles to walk at times with the left leg but the speech came back! thanx for asking btw!
Your uncle never make a recovery then? :(

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »
Anybody remember in Unbelievable where Ronnie went to the Chiro? And they jerked his neck?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 05:43:44 PM »

That's how it went down for me. He adjusted my neck, and I stroked in his office. Thought I was gonna die.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 06:35:52 PM »
yeh shes made a decent recovery actually, probably one of the luckier ones as ive seen some people really bad afterwards!
She literally woke up the day after this physio session, and couldnt get out the bed! Took a while but she only has slight weakness in her left arm and struggles to walk at times with the left leg but the speech came back! thanx for asking btw!
Your uncle never make a recovery then? :(

That's remarkable!  They were talking about strokes on "The Doctor's" show today (Kevin was on) and explaining on the different parts of the brain that can be affected.  Depends on where it happens as to what will ultimately be affected (left side, right side, back, etc.).  Scary shit. Kevin was only 38 when it happened to him.  They said every 40 SECONDS, someone in America suffers a stroke.  Time is of the essence to seek medical care.  Don't ignore something that "isn't right".

My uncle never really recovered his speech or right mobiltiy.  He's in a wheel chair.  It's hard to see someone like that who was once so strong and independent.

That's how it went down for me. He adjusted my neck, and I stroked in his office. Thought I was gonna die.

So what was the outcome?  How are you doing now?  Was there any accountability on the chiro's part?

I think that is one of my biggest fears ~ a stroke.  That and Alzheimer's.  Seriously.

:

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 06:40:10 PM »
That's remarkable!  They were talking about strokes on "The Doctor's" show today (Kevin was on) and explaining on the different parts of the brain that can be affected.  Depends on where it happens as to what will ultimately be affected (left side, right side, back, etc.).  Scary shit. Kevin was only 38 when it happened to him.  They said every 40 SECONDS, someone in America suffers a stroke.  Time is of the essence to seek medical care.  Don't ignore something that "isn't right".

So what was the outcome?  How are you doing now?  Was there any accountability on the chiro's part?

I think that is one of my biggest fears ~ a stroke.  That and Alzheimer's.  Seriously.

I think you should give me three strokes and I'll show you a penile aneurysm.  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 06:44:56 PM »
I think you should give me three strokes and I'll show you a penile aneurysm.  ;D
Three pump chump. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 06:51:02 PM »
Three pump chump. :D

So give me $5 back and I'll do ya better next time.  ;D

Quit yer bitchin'!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 06:53:09 PM »
So give me $5 back and I'll do ya better next time.  ;D

Quit yer bitchin'!
At least now we know why your girl is steppin out on you. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!