Author Topic: Sven Ole Thorsen  (Read 26426 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
Sven Ole Thorsen
« on: November 04, 2005, 06:00:28 PM »
Stunt or Onlyme....

Ever did work with Sven?

Actually, throughout the years....he's become my "Where's Waldo" of actors & stunt guys.  He's best friends with Arnold & years ago was a bodybuilder.  I would bet, he has more credits in the entertainment industry as a former bodybuilder second only to Arnold.

Any opinions?

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Sven Ole Thorsen
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 06:28:47 PM »
Thorsen is mentioned a bit in the Arnold unauthorised biography Fantastic.

Six and half feet tall and 330 pounds

A passage from the book

At the premiere, various luminaries praised Commando as a milestone in the history of cinema in which Arnold's greatness was immortalized. It was not the truth, but it was pleasant to the ear and nothing more than Hollywood's standard garish hyperbole. When all major players had their say, Arnold called up Thorsen to say a few words. Sven had just moved to Los Angeles and had never been to a premiere. He thought of it as nothing but a big friendly party for his buddy Arnold. "Yeah it's a great movie," Thorsen said, relishing the moment. "Congratulations! But let's be honest. Isn't it only a seven?"

Afterward, Arnold got his friend alone. "Sven, what the fuck is wrong with you?" He asked.
"what do you mean?" Sven said. I was honest
Yeah but you know this is the movie business

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 06:34:43 PM »
Sven is a close friend to Arnold & even was in Arnolds Wedding Party

619Rules

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 07:01:31 PM »
Sven is a close friend to Arnold & even was in Arnolds Wedding Party

He was also in the first Conan movie-big part-much bigger tha Franco's puny role... (and many others, anyone see Universal Soldier?)-and yes he is a BBer and is very big.....

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 07:22:55 PM »
He was also in the first Conan movie-big part-much bigger tha Franco's puny role... (and many others, anyone see Universal Soldier?)-and yes he is a BBer and is very big.....

The role he shocked me on was in the movie "Gladiator".  I didn't even recognize him.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 07:41:22 PM »
holy shit that was him in gladiator?? i didnt realise it! i know he was in the running man(the cop) and conan, where he was bigger than arnold

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 07:43:11 PM »
i expect Only to come by any minute now with pics, hes probably 'good friends' with him. he knows or has met so many people

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 07:48:37 PM »
holy shit that was him in gladiator?? i didnt realise it! i know he was in the running man(the cop) and conan, where he was bigger than arnold

He's in practically every Arnold movie made & then a hell of a lot more.

He played the Tiger Gladiator against Russel Crowe.  I couldn't believe it until I read the credits & had to go back & look again.

He was also the Queens Guard in the second Conan The Destroyer movie. 

He was in The Running Man as Richard Dawson's BodyGuard.

He was in Red Heat fighting Arnold in the snow.

The list goes on & on......

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 07:49:53 PM »
i expect Only to come by any minute now with pics, hes probably 'good friends' with him. he knows or has met so many people

I would bet Stunt knows him or has worked with him some where because Sven is also a Stuntman besides being an actor or stand in.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 08:21:29 PM »
No I have never met him.  He has worked a ton in movies.  Stunt hasn't worked with him either.  I don't even think I have even read for a movie Sven has been in.  I always think about where I'd be if I stayed in LA and in the business.  I keep thinking I would be better off.  I am sure though I wouldn't have had as much fun as I've had in Hawaii.  Plus no stress here (most of the time)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 08:24:17 PM »
No I have never met him.  He has worked a ton in movies.  Stunt hasn't worked with him either.  I don't even think I have even read for a movie Sven has been in.  I always think about where I'd be if I stayed in LA and in the business.  I keep thinking I would be better off.  I am sure though I wouldn't have had as much fun as I've had in Hawaii.  Plus no stress here (most of the time)

Stunt never worked with him?

damn...I would've thought.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 04:27:44 PM »
He's in practically every Arnold movie made & then a hell of a lot more.

He played the Tiger Gladiator against Russel Crowe.  I couldn't believe it until I read the credits & had to go back & look again.

He was also the Queens Guard in the second Conan The Destroyer movie. 

He was in The Running Man as Richard Dawson's BodyGuard.

He was in Red Heat fighting Arnold in the snow.

The list goes on & on......

he was in "twins" as the gas station attendant too

with a name like sven I'll bet he can drink a lot of beer

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2005, 04:14:10 PM »
The role he shocked me on was in the movie "Gladiator".  I didn't even recognize him.

Lou Ferrigno had the role that Sven Ole Thorsen portrayed. Sven had Arnold politic on his behalf for the role. Lou was then cast aside even though he had a signed contract.
The House that Ruth built

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2005, 04:17:59 PM »
Lou Ferrigno had the role that Sven Ole Thorsen portrayed. Sven had Arnold politic on his behalf for the role. Lou was then cast aside even though he had a signed contract.

Lou's physique would not have been believable for that role.  Sven's was perfect.  A tanned gladiator, not overly muscular (those guys weren't liftin weights back then) and some fat on him (those guys didn't diet either)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2005, 04:44:20 PM »
Lou's physique would not have been believable for that role.  Sven's was perfect.  A tanned gladiator, not overly muscular (those guys weren't liftin weights back then) and some fat on him (those guys didn't diet either)

Yeah, well what about Ralf Muller or whatever his name was in The Gladiator. He sure had a bodybuilders build.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005, 05:24:40 PM »

I never knew that

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2005, 06:45:26 PM »

Yeah, well what about Ralf Muller or whatever his name was in The Gladiator. He sure had a bodybuilders build.

True, but appeared as if he were in his late twenties, early thirties.  Also very soft, not hard and ripped. 

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 06:50:57 PM »
True, but appeared as if he were in his late twenties, early thirties.  Also very soft, not hard and ripped. 

So how can you assume what kind of condition Louie would have came in?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2005, 06:57:37 PM »
Rolf was one of the all time bests in my opinion....... Here's a photo taken with the pilot before they took off. The Pilot is 6'2" and he had to do some additional calculations before taking off.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2005, 08:12:47 PM »
So how can you assume what kind of condition Louie would have came in?

Cause Louis hasn't been anything but in over 30 years

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2005, 08:27:02 PM »
Rolf was one of the all time bests in my opinion....... Here's a photo taken with the pilot before they took off. The Pilot is 6'2" and he had to do some additional calculations before taking off.

I don't think Moeller did any better than around 17th at the olympia, I'm happy he found a career.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2005, 08:05:43 AM »
Cause Louis hasn't been anything but in over 30 years

Come on, a guy like Louie's condition is all over the map. Ever see the shape he is in when he appears on the King of Queens? He sure isn't ripped. He could come in in any kind of conditions the producer of the film required of him. Just Like Arnold did for all his various roles.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2005, 08:06:45 AM »

Rolf is listed at 6'8" tall. So that pilot is hardly 6'2" from viewing that photo.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 11:29:59 AM »
worth a bring back where has sven  been lately  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
F