Author Topic: USA and its' self righteous citizens  (Read 2687 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
USA and its' self righteous citizens
« on: June 18, 2012, 11:23:17 AM »
David Hemler, U.S. Deserter In Sweden, Steps Forward After 28 Years

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/17/david-hemler_n_1603424.html?1340022928&ncid=webmail1

STOCKHOLM, June 17 (Reuters) - A U.S. Air Force deserter who has lived secretly in Sweden since 1984 has revealed his identity and contacted his family in the United States who were overwhelmed to hear he was still alive, a Swedish newspaper reported at the weekend.

Dagens Nyheter said David Hemler had deserted aged 21 while serving at a U.S. Air Force base in Germany, after getting involved with a pacifist church and becoming disillusioned with the policies of former President Ronald Reagan.

He hitchhiked via Denmark to Sweden where he settled down, living under an assumed name for the last 28 years and not revealing his true identity to anyone.

"I never planned on not telling the truth in the beginning. I intended to come to Sweden until I felt better (after his experience in the airforce), I expected a week or so," Hemler told the newspaper in a video on its website.

Now aged 49, he is married to a woman from Thailand, has three children and works for a Swedish government agency, but would not let the newspaper print his assumed name.

After his desertion, he became one of the U.S. Air Force's eight most wanted fugitives, according to the newspaper, and had expected at any time to be arrested by military police with both Interpol and Europol looking for him.

Hemler told the newspaper he had missed his parents after he deserted but went on to have a child and had not wanted to be separated from her.

He had decided to come forward after his third daughter turned two and could go to day care, so his wife would be better able to cope if he was arrested.

He first contacted his U.S. family four weeks ago, speaking to his brother Thomas who was in Massachusetts at the time on a business trip.

"DREAM SCENARIO"

"I heard immediately it was David, even if he had a strange European accent after all these years," Thomas Hemler, who lives in New Jersey, was quoted on Sunday as saying.

He said he had asked questions to confirm the man was indeed his brother David. Members of his family in the United States are now planning to visit him in Sweden.

The website of the U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations lists Hemler, who was born in Pennsylvania, as having deserted on February 10, 1984 from the 6913th Electronic Security Squadron in Augsburg, Germany.

Its Air Force Fugitives page shows a photo of Hemler as a young man, and a photo digitally enhanced to show how he might look aged 47.

The newspaper said Hemler was registered in Sweden as a citizen of an unknown country who was born in Zurich.

His lawyer, Emma Persson, told Reuters he had approached her firm for legal advice about a month ago.

"My opinion is that he will not lose his permanent residence permit in Sweden, it is very unlikely," she said. She also thought it unlikely he would be extradited to the United States.

A U.S. embassy spokesman declined to comment on the case.

"My dream scenario is that the responsible authorities realise I have already been punished quite severely for my actions ... I have been living 28 years in lies," Hemler said. (Reporting by Patrick Lannin; Editing by Sophie Hares)

He's done with the USA.  Bitches in the thread are saying he should be arrested and brought back to the USA.  Fuck that!!!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: USA and its' self righteous citizens
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 11:29:49 AM »
Why in the hell would he be on the top 8 AF most wanted list if he simply went UA? Makes no sense. Something more to this story, methinks.
But, if not, I dont agree with them arresting him, but I could see it happening. The law is the law, and if they put him on the top most wanted list, theyll probably try and arrest his ass.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 11:34:20 AM »
Why in the hell would he be on the top 8 AF most wanted list if he simply went UA? Makes no sense. Something more to this story, methinks.
But, if not, I dont agree with them arresting him, but I could see it happening. The law is the law, and if they put him on the top most wanted list, theyll probably try and arrest his ass.
I'm assuming they wanted to watch their asses.  You just don't want troops vanishing into foreign countries.  Especially if they could potentially give up valuable military intelligence.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 11:34:44 AM »

He's done with the USA.  Bitches in the thread are saying he should be arrested and brought back to the USA.  Fuck that!!!

He wasn't drafted. He made a contract with the air force and broke it.
but, nothing is going to happen tho, just ban from visiting the US. But, what a fucking selfish guy, making his family think he was dead all this years and they had a funeral too right? What a lowlife.
A

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 11:35:52 AM »
Hang that traitor !!!!!!!!!!!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 11:36:16 AM »
I just found Sweden on the map.
a

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 11:37:15 AM »
but, nothing is going to happen tho, just ban from visiting the US. But, what a fucking selfish guy, making his family think he was dead all this years and they had a funeral too right? What a lowlife.

::)

I was thinking those German war criminals who fled to Argentina and Brasil.

http://infinite-loop.org/index.php?id=1583

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 11:37:47 AM »

Like it would have been a lot of trouble getting in contact with his mom and dad telling them I am alright don't worry but that would have required some balls

Fuck him just another low life self rightousr hippie

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 11:42:46 AM »

After his desertion, he became one of the U.S. Air Force's eight most wanted fugitives, according to the newspaper, and had expected at any time to be arrested by military police with both Interpol and Europol looking for him.

Yeah, really sounds like Al Qaida material.... ::)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »
Yeah, really sounds like Al Qaida material.... ::)
I'm assuming if you desert, you are considered a fugitive.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 11:45:45 AM »
I just found Sweden on the map.

Your schooling career failed you, my friend.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 11:47:51 AM »
Like it would have been a lot of trouble getting in contact with his mom and dad telling them I am alright don't worry but that would have required some balls

Fuck him just another low life self rightousr hippie
x2, How hard is one fucking phone call, saying, " mom, im alive. Don't worried, and don't spend decades crying over me." ?
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 11:50:09 AM »
x2, How hard is one fucking phone call, saying, " mom, im alive. Don't worried, and don't spend decades crying over me." ?
He wasn't stupid.  I'm sure they had his parents house tapped as soon as he went awol.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 11:53:07 AM »

And you think douchebag military wasn't tapping their lines.  Swedish citizen and a new family than call the old family.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
And you think douchebag military wasn't tapping their lines.  Swedish citizen and a new family than call the old family.
I still don't think it takes 20+ years though.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 11:56:05 AM »
The question is, what did he do to earn a top most wanted?
You know how many people go UA every year? Why was this guy so special?

Much more to this story than whats written here.

The military wouldnt slap this dude with this much importance for no reason.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 11:56:37 AM »
I'm assuming if you desert, you are considered a fugitive.
I don't get this. There was no conscription in 1984, and he wasn't in a war situation. Didn't he just stay away from work, that's all ?    ???

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 11:59:58 AM »
And you think douchebag military wasn't tapping their lines.  Swedish citizen and a new family than call the old family.
No the government is too busy and doesn't have legal right. But lets pretend they were wire tapping the parents.
Swedish citizen with rights to travel? Swedish citizen with no access to a 20 buck burner phone? Swedish citizen that cant buy a spoof card? Swedish Citizen live under a new identity so it he cant be found?  ::) ::)
A

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 12:03:44 PM »
Zeesus, kids.

Notice the year, please. It says 1984. That was still pretty much on intensive days of the good ol' Cold war !

Of course he was put high on the mutherfukin' list.

Armies were on constant readiness to face the dooms day.  You're too young to remember the glory days of the humankind.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 12:04:08 PM »
No the government is too busy and doesn't have legal right. But lets pretend they were wire tapping the parents.
Swedish citizen with rights to travel? Swedish citizen with no access to a 20 buck burner phone? Swedish citizen that cant buy a spoof card? Swedish Citizen live under a new identity so it he cant be found?  ::) ::)
That can only have been..........SWEDE!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 12:08:36 PM »
Zeesus, kids.

Notice the year, please. It says 1984. That was still pretty much on intensive days of the good ol' Cold war !

Of course he was put high on the mutherfukin' list.

Armies were on constant readiness to face the dooms day.  You're too young to remember the glory days of the humankind.

What are you talking about? People go UA every effin' day.
There has to be a reason, and nothing anyone has said makes any sense.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 12:10:40 PM »
'If yer not with us, yer agin us.'  

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 12:12:22 PM »
I got it now: it was during the Reagan administration.... :)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 12:25:59 PM »
In some rural US area's it's just like Einstein said: Everybody's a relative...

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 06:17:35 PM »
I don't get this. There was no conscription in 1984, and he wasn't in a war situation. Didn't he just stay away from work, that's all ?    ???

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that being part of the "electronic security squadron" required some pretty high security clearances and knowledge.
However "electronic security" stuff  from  1984  is probably quite old tech now, declassified and taught in middle school now