Author Topic: OK, who else is going? NWO Reunion  (Read 5372 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
OK, who else is going? NWO Reunion
« on: June 18, 2012, 05:02:01 PM »
I'll be in line early. Who's with me?
a

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
Re: OK, who else is going?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 05:06:21 PM »
I'm shocked Scott Hall is still alive.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 05:06:45 PM »
Ummmm....Scott Hall is literally on his death bed, not sure if he can make it.  Buff Bagwell is recovering from a serious car wreck.  Scott Steiner's chest caved in and resembles a donkey-kicked hole.  Lex Luger resides in a wheelchair and lives in a small studio apt above a Florida church....his arms MIGHT be 12 inches at this point.  Kevin Nash might tear a quad just showing up.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 05:08:08 PM »
I'm shocked Scott Hall is still alive.

x2

I must say that Kevin Nash has aged gracefully.

"1"

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 05:11:06 PM »
Ummmm....Scott Hall is literally on his death bed, not sure if he can make it.  Buff Bagwell is recovering from a serious car wreck.  Scott Steiner's chest caved in and resembles a donkey-kicked hole.  Lex Luger resides in a wheelchair and lives in a small studio apt above a Florida church....his arms MIGHT be 12 inches at this point.  Kevin Nash might tear a quad just showing up.
What happen to Lugar

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 05:11:25 PM »
george(the animal) steele, wow that name brings me back.
R

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 05:12:24 PM »
If I lived closer, I'd consider going.  

Scott hall? Wasn't he taking swimming lessons from Rodney king?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 05:13:35 PM »
scott hall? i used to see him wrestle as razor ramon, i guess i havent watched wrestling in awhile
R

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 05:14:00 PM »
What happen to Lugar

Here's an article...spinal damage.

From THE ATLANTA JOURNAL - CONSTITUTION:

A severe spinal injury from 30 years of football and wrestling struck down Luger while on a cross-country flight last fall. He spent two weeks in intensive care at Stanford University Hospital in California before transferring to Shepherd in November. He’s also still hobbled by double hip replacement surgery in February.

&guy, 50, was on a flight to San Francisco in late October when he began having difficulty moving his neck. Thinking it was simply a case of having sat in an awkward position for too much of the cross-country flight, he tried to jar his neck back into place, only to make his predicament worse.

“I was one of the strongest guys on the planet,” Luger said recently. “I was freaky strong before. I was bench-pressing 450 pounds my senior year of high school. I was a freak. Now I can’t lift a one-pound dumbbell.

During his recovery, Pfohl, like many other athletes before him, turned to a higher power:

The new and humbled Lex Luger is a man of strong religious conviction whose faith has helped him remain mostly upbeat.

&guy has taken it upon himself to minister to young patients at the Shepherd Center, often telling them his story of widespread abuse of drugs, steroids and alcohol at the expense of his family and health.

&guy believes he was meant to lift their spirits and give personal testimony to the importance of doing things the right way.

The story of Pfohl’s paralysis is pretty gruesome:

&guy arrived in San Francisco in considerable pain, but was still able to function. He awoke the next morning, however, paralyzed from the neck down and unable to even call for help. A desperate Luger maneuvered onto the hotel room floor, where he remained for more than four hours.

Doctors at Stanford University Hospital noted massive swelling of his spine from the C6 to T5 vertebrae, attributing the damage to the many disc injuries and bone spurs he’d collected during three decades of football and professional wrestling.

While doctors wait for the swelling in his spine to decrease, the man they still call “Lex” has been spending time with other patients at the Shepard Center, offering himself up as a cautionary tale.

It goes to show that no matter what you can lift or how high you can jump, leaders are leaders. He may not be throwing people down for a three-count or delivering choreographed blows to his enemies anymore, but Pfohl has found an audience to perform a new purpose in life, and may be lifting more now than he ever did in the ring.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 05:16:24 PM »
Oh, and Scott Hall at a recent appearance.  :'(

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 05:19:56 PM »
Who follows this shit?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 05:27:16 PM »
Oh, and Scott Hall at a recent appearance.  :'(

damn he looks bad :o
R

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 05:40:30 PM »
Here's an article...spinal damage.

From THE ATLANTA JOURNAL - CONSTITUTION:

A severe spinal injury from 30 years of football and wrestling struck down Luger while on a cross-country flight last fall. He spent two weeks in intensive care at Stanford University Hospital in California before transferring to Shepherd in November. He’s also still hobbled by double hip replacement surgery in February.

&guy, 50, was on a flight to San Francisco in late October when he began having difficulty moving his neck. Thinking it was simply a case of having sat in an awkward position for too much of the cross-country flight, he tried to jar his neck back into place, only to make his predicament worse.

“I was one of the strongest guys on the planet,” Luger said recently. “I was freaky strong before. I was bench-pressing 450 pounds my senior year of high school. I was a freak. Now I can’t lift a one-pound dumbbell.

During his recovery, Pfohl, like many other athletes before him, turned to a higher power:

The new and humbled Lex Luger is a man of strong religious conviction whose faith has helped him remain mostly upbeat.

&guy has taken it upon himself to minister to young patients at the Shepherd Center, often telling them his story of widespread abuse of drugs, steroids and alcohol at the expense of his family and health.

&guy believes he was meant to lift their spirits and give personal testimony to the importance of doing things the right way.

The story of Pfohl’s paralysis is pretty gruesome:

&guy arrived in San Francisco in considerable pain, but was still able to function. He awoke the next morning, however, paralyzed from the neck down and unable to even call for help. A desperate Luger maneuvered onto the hotel room floor, where he remained for more than four hours.

Doctors at Stanford University Hospital noted massive swelling of his spine from the C6 to T5 vertebrae, attributing the damage to the many disc injuries and bone spurs he’d collected during three decades of football and professional wrestling.

While doctors wait for the swelling in his spine to decrease, the man they still call “Lex” has been spending time with other patients at the Shepard Center, offering himself up as a cautionary tale.

It goes to show that no matter what you can lift or how high you can jump, leaders are leaders. He may not be throwing people down for a three-count or delivering choreographed blows to his enemies anymore, but Pfohl has found an audience to perform a new purpose in life, and may be lifting more now than he ever did in the ring.
thanks, didn't know that one.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 06:02:52 PM »
Will Virgil be there? I'm only going if Virgil's there............

http://lonelyvirgil.tumblr.com/ .

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 06:29:44 PM »
 Scott Steiner's chest won't be attending.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 06:44:29 PM »
george(the animal) steele, wow that name brings me back.
Damn,I figured he`d be dead by now.

Always acted like retard eating the turnbuckle with his tongue painted green,but I heard that he was actually a college professor at one time.

Probably an urban legend or some shit.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 06:45:05 PM »
How old are you? Do you actually still get excited about professional wrestling?  :-\
Hawk,have you ever met "The Falcon"  ???

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 07:14:30 PM »
If there was anyone who should be casted as Father Time in a movie...it should be Kevin Nash
getbig or getgot

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: OK, who else is going? NWO Reunion
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 06:19:31 AM »
superstar billy graham had some huge ass pipes in the 70,s, tony atlas was pretty jacked also. whatever happened to king kong bundy?
R

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 06:21:26 AM »
Will Virgil be there? I'm only going if Virgil's there............

http://lonelyvirgil.tumblr.com/ .

He will be carrying everybodys bags and fetching latte's when they want one.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 06:25:44 AM »
i was in the gym one morning back in 82 or so and saw mr wonderful paul orndorff and ricky steamboat walk in and start training, it was pretty cool. i saw superfly jimmy snooka also but that was in early 90,s, he walked around barefoot :o
R

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 06:37:18 AM »

I'll go if I have to...

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 07:11:12 AM »
^
lol @ putin not giving a fuck  ;D

Gosling31977

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 07:14:07 AM »
Wow they are gonna pack that High School gymnasium.  They had their time and made a name , but damn I see another Mickey Rourke Wreslter @ going on here.  There comes a time when the tights need to be thrown away , NOT HUNG UP, that is to tempting to slap them back on.  New World Older

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 07:22:41 AM »