Author Topic: Moving from Canada to Australia....  (Read 10818 times)

booty

• Getbig V
Re: Moving from Canada to Australia....
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 03:28:05 PM »
It snows in Australia?

I did not know that....but how cold does Sydney or Melbourne get in the winter celsius wise?
Yeah I have been to the snow here.  Melbourne got down to 3 degrees celicus yesterday.  I am in queensland which is tropical and its about 10 degrees celicus at night and 21 during the day. 

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 03:29:46 PM »
X2, Vancouver is a couple hours north of where I lived in Washington, which has the highest suicide rate in the US thanks to all the rain.

Those consecutive dark days can make even the most positive person extremely miserable. People in Vancouver bc seem to deal with it by smoking a lot of grass and in turn it makes it a very boring place to be. Nothing wrong with a little bud imo but it makes most people more introverted and lazy...myself included.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 03:31:17 PM »
Yeah I have been to the snow here.  Melbourne got down to 3 degrees celicus yesterday.  I am in queensland which is tropical and its about 10 degrees celicus at night and 21 during the day. 

That's a piece of cake...try living in a place where it can get to -30 degrees celcius.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 03:42:04 PM »
That's a piece of cake...try living in a place where it can get to -30 degrees celcius.
My tits would freeze. 

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 03:45:48 PM »
What is the nicest area as far as weather, lifestyle, etc. in Canada in your opinion?

When it comes to weather you're gonna have to pick your poison. It's either B.C and deal with the constant rain in the winter months or deal with colder but sunnier weather of places like Ontario, Quebec and Alberta. Out of those last three I mentioned Ontario has the mildest winter but in Alberta you can get warm days of up to 70 degrees in the winter brought on by something called chinook winds but they only last a few days.

Wrt the other stuff I guess you have to weigh what is really important to ya. If you're into nightlife, restaurants, and plenty of festivals you'd have to go with either Montreal or Toronto. Problem with Montreal is that to really get ahead career wise you need to know french. Btw, its not that the other cities like Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver don't have these things but it is very limited when compared to Toronto and Montreal.

If you like the outdoors and doing stuff like hiking and mountain biking than Vancouver would be the place to go. Just don't expect a vibrant city and great weather.

Calgary is growing but its considered Canada's Texas so make of that what you will.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 03:47:37 PM »
My tits would freeze. 

It ain't fun trying to take a leak after being outside in that weather trust me.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 03:55:42 PM »
good luck getting any gear there thats good and affordable

was just about to say that, supplements as well, protein powder is real expensive I hear.
?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2012, 04:28:52 PM »
What city are you thinking of moving to?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2012, 04:35:17 PM »
Traitor >:(

Are you a fellow Canuck?

Vancouver B.C. weather is mild from what i've read and seen. Some light rain during the winter but snow is rare. Summers are beautiful.

Best city/weather combination in B.C IMO would be Kelowna.  Not a major city like Van but much better weather.  Rains a fair bit in Van and even during the summer while the sun is out you often get the chilly ocean breeze.  Plus cost of living in Vancouver is ridiculous.  Hard to beat Alberta for low income tax rate, lower commodity tax, two good sized cities and while housing costs are still relatively high they are much better than Vancouver.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2012, 04:42:56 PM »
Booty you shouldn't use electric blankets they cause cancer.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »
Booty you shouldn't use electric blankets they cause cancer.
I will only use it for 3 months max.  During summer here it was 65 degrees celicus at my back door in the shade so I need an electric blanket during winter, as I can't sleep I am so cold. 

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2012, 04:47:42 PM »
It ain't fun trying to take a leak after being outside in that weather trust me.
Be careful it might break off.   :o

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2012, 04:48:11 PM »
What city are you thinking of moving to?

It's just an idea at this stage, but i'm thinking maybe Melbourne or Sydney. Work there for a couple of years if possible.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2012, 04:50:09 PM »

It's just an idea at this stage, but i'm thinking maybe Melbourne or Sydney. Work there for a couple of years if possible.
Melbourne is a little more laid back.  Sydney is faster paced.  Melbourne is a great city and quite friendly people...well very friendly compared to sydney. 

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2012, 04:52:46 PM »

Doesn't snow in either but Melbourne gets a lot colder in winter and can be even hotter than Sydney in summer. Sydney is really comfortable 9 months of the year but because of that you can get cold in winter since many old houses are barely insulated. Food and pub culture is way better in Melbourne, Sydney has beach scene to it's advantage but it is very expensive for everything.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2012, 04:53:39 PM »
Are you a fellow Canuck?

Best city/weather combination in B.C IMO would be Kelowna.  Not a major city like Van but much better weather.  Rains a fair bit in Van and even during the summer while the sun is out you often get the chilly ocean breeze.  Plus cost of living in Vancouver is ridiculous.  Hard to beat Alberta for low income tax rate, lower commodity tax, two good sized cities and while housing costs are still relatively high they are much better than Vancouver.
No I am from Toronto area, are you from BC BBobs..

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2012, 05:30:33 PM »
No I am from Toronto area, are you from BC BBobs..

I'm from Edmonton, AB.  Have been to Toronto and BC a number of times though.  Are you doing the nationals in Edmonton this summer?

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2012, 05:35:23 PM »
i'd go to wherever bondi beach is.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2012, 05:36:28 PM »
You can bang Booty.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2012, 05:41:06 PM »
You can bang Booty.

sun, sea and booty  8)

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2012, 05:45:55 PM »

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2012, 05:57:05 PM »
When it comes to weather you're gonna have to pick your poison. It's either B.C and deal with the constant rain in the winter months or deal with colder but sunnier weather of places like Ontario, Quebec and Alberta. Out of those last three I mentioned Ontario has the mildest winter but in Alberta you can get warm days of up to 70 degrees in the winter brought on by something called chinook winds but they only last a few days.

Wrt the other stuff I guess you have to weigh what is really important to ya. If you're into nightlife, restaurants, and plenty of festivals you'd have to go with either Montreal or Toronto. Problem with Montreal is that to really get ahead career wise you need to know french. Btw, its not that the other cities like Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver don't have these things but it is very limited when compared to Toronto and Montreal.

If you like the outdoors and doing stuff like hiking and mountain biking than Vancouver would be the place to go. Just don't expect a vibrant city and great weather.

Calgary is growing but its considered Canada's Texas so make of that what you will.

Cool. Wife was born in Montreal. We took a trip their recently, seemed like a cool city. I hear the winters are brutal. I've also heard that Calgary is having a lot of economical growth. Wife's brother lives in Toronto. I'm not impressed with the city.
T

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2012, 07:24:15 PM »
Cool. Wife was born in Montreal. We took a trip their recently, seemed like a cool city. I hear the winters are brutal. I've also heard that Calgary is having a lot of economical growth. Wife's brother lives in Toronto. I'm not impressed with the city.

Yeah, Toronto is the financial hub of Canada and Montreal was up there too but after the referendum (Quebec wanted to separate from Canada) a lot of corporations moved to Toronto and obviously it ended up hurting the province's economy. Toronto is great in the sense that there is always something to do if you're into going to a concert, watching a baseball game, or eating at a restaurant serving ethnic food from a country you've never even heard of. Other than that is just a bunch of big buildings and over priced housing. Vancouver is crazy expensive too when it comes to housing.

I think if you've lived in a warm place all your life it would be a little hard to adapt to life anywhere in Canada unless you're into skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, etc. Keep in mind that the weather starts to drop in November and only starts getting better in April...that's nearly six months of cold, dark, depressing misery lol

Summer time is the best and there's no where else on he planet I'd rather be....you can see the change in everyone's face and people start looking alive for once. I'm sure its like that in many countries where we have to endure long crappy winters.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2012, 07:28:05 PM »
I'm from Edmonton, AB.  Have been to Toronto and BC a number of times though.  Are you doing the nationals in Edmonton this summer?
I have been away from competition for some time now so I have to start all over but if all goes well will do the nationals next year, getting geared up( no pun intended) for 3 shows in a row, I am confident I will qualify, just a matter of putting in the work but I wouldn't mnd going up there to check it out, if I do maybe I will bump into you.  8)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2012, 07:55:39 PM »
if you plan on having white grand kids then north america. I heard australia is flooded with black african and asian immigrants as white people stopped reproducing there just like they do in europe.