Author Topic: At what age does someone become "old"?  (Read 25731 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: At what age does someone become "old"?
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2012, 06:50:25 AM »
First of all: my native lang. isn't En, tho' I can spell corretly and use grammar rules if I concentrate/want to. Second: that fella Raymondo was obviously confused by my constructive replies (he did not have ANYTHING constructive to reply, aside stupid /grimaces/ he made out of that frustration. I honestly don't even know what was that he got bothered my my interest in that field. Dude is just frustrated, no more, no less. I have no idea why he is so unrest when it comes to my presence. Seems, he has been following me for quite some time already.. A meber of my fan club probably).
 I have my own insecurieties, so does other people, but I have no interest to discuss other peoples head-issues, unless they come out as someone like that neurotic fella.

Groink>No, you were stupid because you call "shit" these things you have no idea about. You weren't sayin' "I personally don't like it", your position was "It's crap". Be careful, you are falling in that zone, where you mentally become  "old" and "limited" by your pre-created belief system, which are first steps to being "left behind". You are not stupid per say, tho' stubborness doesn't add to being smart/wise, etc..
:-\

We already have Uberman, we dont need a shittier imitation, kthanks.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2012, 08:28:33 AM »
First of all: my native lang. isn't En, tho' I can spell corretly and use grammar rules if I concentrate/want to. Second: that fella Raymondo was obviously confused by my constructive replies (he did not have ANYTHING constructive to reply, aside stupid /grimaces/ he made out of that frustration. I honestly don't even know what was that he got bothered my my interest in that field. Dude is just frustrated, no more, no less. I have no idea why he is so unrest when it comes to my presence. Seems, he has been following me for quite some time already.. A meber of my fan club probably).
 I have my own insecurieties, so does other people, but I have no interest to discuss other peoples head-issues, unless they come out as someone like that neurotic fella.

Groink>No, you were stupid because you call "shit" these things you have no idea about. You weren't sayin' "I personally don't like it", your position was "It's crap". Be careful, you are falling in that zone, where you mentally become  "old" and "limited" by your pre-created belief system, which are first steps to being "left behind". You are not stupid per say, tho' stubborness doesn't add to being smart/wise, etc..

Ok bro, you're right, I didn't give any constructive replies, after having a bit of fun at your expense, perhaps I can do so now ;)

I'm not in the least frustrated by your interest in anti-ageing. I'm only pertrubed that you take it so seriously you have adopted a very preachy attitude about it. Perhaps you haven't realised that the level of technologies espoused by the so-called "life extension" cults are  strictly at the level of science fiction. And before you say that all modern technologies were once science fiction (I can just about see you typing this) let me remind you that many classic sci-fi technologies never arrived, for example flying cars, nuclear fusion, hard articifial intelligence, etc. It's the same way with anti-ageing. Presently, there's no permanent way to reverse the effects of entropy, at best one can only slow down its progress which is strongly dependent on genetics anyway. To point at bodybuilders and claim they are "anti-ageing" at its best is the height of ignorance in my opinion. When I called you out on it, you moved the goalposts. It only works for "some" of them. LOL.

Like so many people enthralled by the recent exposure of life extension you seem to take these things for granted already- you won't say it clearly, but that's what I read between the lines. Unfortunately, the harsh truth is it's very early days for that stuff. You and I may not even be the generation that benefits, we may very well expire before anti-ageing therapy becomes commonplace, if it's even viable to being with, which is so many decades into the future anyway that reliable predictions are futile.

As for the accusations about stupidity, neurosis, etc, I find what cephissus said to be spot on. You are terrified to recognise these things within yourself so you always make a point to project them on someone else- and as fast as possible, too.

Getbig ultimately is not a place to debate anti-ageing the way you insist on (i.e. with no trolling), if you want to do that there are plenty of life extension forums full of kids with stars in their eyes; I'm sure they will accomodate you appropriately.

Here everything and everyone is fair game :)

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2012, 09:21:48 AM »
50 you start getting there - I  felt young basically til the last year - I'm 52. Maybe going through so much and not being on any RX has influenced my perception. That and the gray hair and recurrent dental issue have put a ding in my zing. Still can lift heavy- in fact heavier than ever, insane weights really for over 50. Trying to add more cardio in again. Started with swimming at the Y because I like it- I'm a water creature. I want to move to the bahamas and start a he'd end breakfast. Swim all afternoon.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2012, 09:29:00 AM »
Ok bro, you're right, I didn't give any constructive replies, after having a bit of fun at your expense, perhaps I can do so now ;)

I'm not in the least frustrated by your interest in anti-ageing. I'm only pertrubed that you take it so seriously you have adopted a very preachy attitude about it. Perhaps you haven't realised that the level of technologies espoused by the so-called "life extension" cults are  strictly at the level of science fiction. And before you say that all modern technologies were once science fiction (I can just about see you typing this) let me remind you that many classic sci-fi technologies never arrived, for example flying cars, nuclear fusion, hard articifial intelligence, etc. It's the same way with anti-ageing. Presently, there's no permanent way to reverse the effects of entropy, at best one can only slow down its progress which is strongly dependent on genetics anyway. To point at bodybuilders and claim they are "anti-ageing" at its best is the height of ignorance in my opinion. When I called you out on it, you moved the goalposts. It only works for "some" of them. LOL.

Like so many people enthralled by the recent exposure of life extension you seem to take these things for granted already- you won't say it clearly, but that's what I read between the lines. Unfortunately, the harsh truth is it's very early days for that stuff. You and I may not even be the generation that benefits, we may very well expire before anti-ageing therapy becomes commonplace, if it's even viable to being with, which is so many decades into the future anyway that reliable predictions are futile.

As for the accusations about stupidity, neurosis, etc, I find what cephissus said to be spot on. You are terrified to recognise these things within yourself so you always make a point to project them on someone else- and as fast as possible, too.

Getbig ultimately is not a place to debate anti-ageing the way you insist on (i.e. with no trolling), if you want to do that there are plenty of life extension forums full of kids with stars in their eyes; I'm sure they will accomodate you appropriately.

Here everything and everyone is fair game :)
Meltdown.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2012, 09:31:01 AM »
The wind is old, but it keeps blowing.

PS: No mom or Wes  jokes , please.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2012, 09:44:30 AM »
Raymondo>
I'm not in the least frustrated by your interest in anti-ageing.

yes you are, and it shows even more in your lack of education on the issue, as it's shown below (keep on reading).

Perhaps you haven't realised that the level of technologies espoused by the so-called "life extension" cults are  strictly at the level of science fiction. And before you say that all modern technologies were once science fiction (I can just about see you typing this) let me remind you that many classic sci-fi technologies never arrived, for example flying cars, nuclear fusion, hard articifial intelligence, etc.

That is not true at all, tho'i t may seem so for someone who's not "up to date" with the field. There has been very very imprerssive reults from various studies (I'll name more, but just a few for a start) which've shown it is possible to control the lifespan, and most importantly - the youth-span of an organism. They were performed on various species, varying from yeasts to mice (for ex. one turned out to double the life span and health span of mice. That was not possible just 20 years or so ago, everything was more on a theoretical level). If that's not impressive than I'm sure nothing would impress such a "know all" (but irl - know nothing) like you.
 If growing organs in the lab and usign them to replace the dmaged ones (the field of regenration) is not impressive enough for you, than you are way too "spoiled" by the pace of technology already. Wake up, it wasn't happening just 10years sgo, and now it's REALITY. Oh, and there ARE some flying cars, go look.
 Hard artificial intelligence? How about Watson, a cimputer WHO can understand human speach and sarcasm? Isn't that impressive? Lol.. I'm sure you are "not" impressed.
 You've chosen a very wrong person to argue issues like these, when you are obviously "outdated" yourself.

It's the same way with anti-ageing. Presently, there's no permanent way to reverse the effects of entropy, at best one can only slow down its progress which is strongly dependent on genetics anyway.
- It has been demonstrtaed recently that it's possible to take a stem cell of a 100year old and epigenetically "reverse" the clock to that of a 10year old. It's "just" the cell, but oh wait - it was just s acience fiction LESS than 10years ago. The speed-up of this field is quite amazing, go educate yourself, if you are interested, and you'll see I'm right.

To point at bodybuilders and claim they are "anti-ageing" at its best is the height of ignorance in my opinion. When I called you out on it, you moved the goalposts. It only works for "some" of them. LOL.

Yes of course, it's an "experiment in the making", as currently there's no other way to test that idea of "hormones used to sustain some parameters of youth". Working "for some" is a result too. What's wrong with that?

We already WOULD benefit if needed and enough money. Go look at the grown organs field. Predictions may be true to some extent, depending on what data is used, and how. FInd something on R.Kurzweil, fella was very accurate on many many stuff (way more that he was innacurate).

It's nice you took time to compile such a long (and constructive) response now, tho' it was not what you did the last time, while keeping "laughing", when it wasn't a humor really, and making ther grimaces. That's when a person is confused and it's obvious ;) I'm always down to some constructive argument and there won't be any "name calling" from my side if a person is reacting in a constructive manner.

I'm pretty sure you are NOONE to tell me or someone else what's getbig for. Let's leave it at this. :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2012, 05:12:39 PM »
yeah i know quite some ppl aged over 50which do coke on say, very short intervals, some daily.
but then again i know of ppl younger than 30 who died of heart attack on it.

i think coke is no good, best to stay away from it, very stealthily addictive.id say it ages people faster.

hard work ages people to, so do bad diets it seems.

i think lifting and good food will help best to stay in shape and look younger than one is.

A friend of mine was fooling around with coke back when we were in our 30's. He didn't age too well. However he lead a generally fast life with girlfriends on the side and changing jobs all the time. Last I heard, he was working for Wallmart somewhere (quite a comedown from some of the businesses he ran) and he's on his third marriage.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2012, 05:45:55 PM »
A friend of mine was fooling around with coke back when we were in our 30's. He didn't age too well. However he lead a generally fast life with girlfriends on the side and changing jobs all the time. Last I heard, he was working for Wallmart somewhere (quite a comedown from some of the businesses he ran) and he's on his third marriage.

I know many, who are coke'ing, while being like 43-50 yo. Some are not well, health wise, but they live the "Carpe diem" lifestyle, while other are doing well, as they are not abusing that shit. Every month or so I'd say is an abuse.
 That drug is crap, anyway.. many get elevated heart rate for a few days after using it, etc.. taxing the system quite hard, from what I know.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2012, 12:46:11 AM »
I know many, who are coke'ing, while being like 43-50 yo. Some are not well, health wise, but they live the "Carpe diem" lifestyle, while other are doing well, as they are not abusing that shit. Every month or so I'd say is an abuse.
 That drug is crap, anyway.. many get elevated heart rate for a few days after using it, etc.. taxing the system quite hard, from what I know.

Never tried it myself. From what I understand coke hypes a person up. I am already somewhat hyper anyway. Seems like this would be the wrong drug choice for me.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2012, 08:06:23 AM »
"As you grow, you learn more. If you stayed as ignorant as you
were at twenty-two, you'd always be twenty-two. Aging is not
just decay, you know. It's growth.
It's more than the negative
that you're going to die, it's the positive that you
understand you're going to die, and that you live a better
life because of it."
-- Mitch Albom
!