Author Topic: Holder Contempt vote any minute- found guilty by committee. going to house  (Read 1627 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Uh... wtf are you babbling about. Ever heard of checks and balances? Its there to prevent this kind of shit from happening.
Sometimes dude, I wonder if you even know what country you live in.

I live in America and this same shit was pulled by the Democrats in 2007.....Issa is playing politics just like everyone else is and the fact is that the only people losing is us.

Get this through your head, pal.....they don't give a warm wet shit about any of us.....its all just a game of gotcha... ::)
A

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!

I live in America and this same shit was pulled by the Democrats in 2007.....Issa is playing politics just like everyone else is and the fact is that the only people losing is us.

Get this through your head, pal.....they don't give a warm wet shit about any of us.....its all just a game of gotcha... ::)

Playing politics?

Do you know the actual consequences of "Fast and Furious"?

Going after an official who is responsible for the death of 3 border agents, 300+ Mexicans and the release of thousands of guns to drug cartels is not "playing politics". This isn't some over-hyped and misrepresented Scooter Libby-Super Agent 007 Valarie Plame stuff.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

Really.. thanks for the enlightenment there Sherlock. Jesus Christ.
I wasnt talking about politics dumbfuck, I was talking about Congress trying to get top secret documents (Cause top secret documents arent allowed in Congress hands, derrrpppp  ::)) because THATS PART OF THEIR JOB. (You know, the whole checks and balances thing)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Really.. thanks for the enlightenment there Sherlock. Jesus Christ.
I wasnt talking about politics dumbfuck, I was talking about Congress trying to get top secret documents (Cause top secret documents arent allowed in Congress hands, derrrpppp  ::)) because THATS PART OF THEIR JOB. (You know, the whole checks and balances thing)

And those were the documents they were trying to get....but it would not have mattered if Holder got down on his knees and sucked off all of the GOP's balls....he was still going to be indicted because that's how politics worked
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

And those were the documents they were trying to get....but it would not have mattered if Holder got down on his knees and sucked off all of the GOP's balls....he was still going to be indicted because that's how politics worked
And THATS HOW IT SHOULD WORK! He is directly responsible for this, and he LIED to Congress. Of course he's going to be indicted!
I mean WTF dude.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I agree he should be not be able to get away with this. If his office is not answerable to the representatives of the US people, then democracy has failed.

However, the electorate is not exactly crazy on these issues. One need only look to Canada's recent election, their PM was found in contempt for withholding information and was voted in with a majority because of it.

It all depends on whether or not people understand the magnitude of the event. I'm guessing the American public, i.e. not on political boards, doesn't really care and just wants to find or keep work.
sad but true in a shockingly coherent and unbiased post by KC, cudos sir!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

In the aftermath of a Wednesday vote by a House committee accusing Attorney General Eric Holder of being in contempt of Congress, the attorney general accused the panel's top Republican Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) of provoking a partisan showdown between the branches of government.

"He has chosen to use his authority to take an extraordinary, unprecedented and entirely unnecessary action, intended to provoke an avoidable conflict between Congress and the Executive Branch," Holder said in a statement.

"This divisive action does not help us fix the problems that led to this operation or previous ones and it does nothing to make any of our law enforcement agents safer.  It's an election-year tactic intended to distract attention -- and, as a result -- has deflected critical resources from fulfilling what remains my top priority at the Department of Justice:  Protecting the American people," Holder said.

The conflict between Issa and Holder stems from a Mexican gun running operation nicknamed "Fast and Furious." Earlier in the day, the Obama administration invoked executive privilege to avoid turning over a number of internal administration documents.

Holder said in a statement that the Department of Justice had already given the House Oversight and Government Reform committee ample cooperation in their investigation."

"In recent months, the Justice Department has made unprecedented accommodations to respond to information requests by Chairman Issa about misguided law enforcement tactics that began in the previous administration and allowed illegal guns to be taken into Mexico," Holder said.

"Simply put, any claims that the Justice Department has been unresponsive to requests for information are untrue.  From the beginning, Chairman Issa and certain members of the Committee have made unsubstantiated allegations first, then scrambled for facts to try to justify them later. That might make for good political theater, but it does little to uncover the truth or address the problems associated with this operation and prior ones dating back to the previous administration," Holder said.

Holder also said that the DOJ had also made crucial reforms to put a stop to future gunwalking operations.      

"I know the sacrifices they make, so as soon as allegations of gunwalking came to my attention - and well before Chairman Issa expressed any interest in this issue -- I ordered the practice stopped," Holder said.  "I made necessary personnel changes in the Department's leadership and instituted policy changes to ensure better oversight of significant investigations.  And, I directed the Department's Inspector General to open a comprehensive investigation.  That investigation is ongoing, and the American people and Congress can count on it to produce a tough, independent review of the facts."

The full House is scheduled to take up the contempt charge next week.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
In the aftermath of a Wednesday vote by a House committee accusing Attorney General Eric Holder of being in contempt of Congress, the attorney general accused the panel's top Republican Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) of provoking a partisan showdown between the branches of government.

"He has chosen to use his authority to take an extraordinary, unprecedented and entirely unnecessary action, intended to provoke an avoidable conflict between Congress and the Executive Branch," Holder said in a statement.

"This divisive action does not help us fix the problems that led to this operation or previous ones and it does nothing to make any of our law enforcement agents safer.  It's an election-year tactic intended to distract attention -- and, as a result -- has deflected critical resources from fulfilling what remains my top priority at the Department of Justice:  Protecting the American people," Holder said.

The conflict between Issa and Holder stems from a Mexican gun running operation nicknamed "Fast and Furious." Earlier in the day, the Obama administration invoked executive privilege to avoid turning over a number of internal administration documents.

Holder said in a statement that the Department of Justice had already given the House Oversight and Government Reform committee ample cooperation in their investigation."

"In recent months, the Justice Department has made unprecedented accommodations to respond to information requests by Chairman Issa about misguided law enforcement tactics that began in the previous administration and allowed illegal guns to be taken into Mexico," Holder said.

"Simply put, any claims that the Justice Department has been unresponsive to requests for information are untrue.  From the beginning, Chairman Issa and certain members of the Committee have made unsubstantiated allegations first, then scrambled for facts to try to justify them later. That might make for good political theater, but it does little to uncover the truth or address the problems associated with this operation and prior ones dating back to the previous administration," Holder said.

Holder also said that the DOJ had also made crucial reforms to put a stop to future gunwalking operations.      

"I know the sacrifices they make, so as soon as allegations of gunwalking came to my attention - and well before Chairman Issa expressed any interest in this issue -- I ordered the practice stopped," Holder said.  "I made necessary personnel changes in the Department's leadership and instituted policy changes to ensure better oversight of significant investigations.  And, I directed the Department's Inspector General to open a comprehensive investigation.  That investigation is ongoing, and the American people and Congress can count on it to produce a tough, independent review of the facts."

The full House is scheduled to take up the contempt charge next week.

What a bitch.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Marco Rubio calls for Eric Holder to resign
Published: 10:20 AM 06/21/2012
By Alex Pappas

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla. gestures during a speech at the Latino Coalition annual economic summit, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 in Washington, at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio told The Daily Caller on Thursday that it’s time for Attorney General Eric Holder to resign over the Fast and Furious scandal.

During a breakfast for reporters organized by The Christian Science Monitor on Thursday, Rubio responded “yes” when asked if he agrees with presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney and the five other U.S. Senators who have called for Holder’s resignation.

“I think we’re at the point of no return,” Rubio said.

A House committee voted on Wednesday to hold Holder in contempt for not turning over documents related to the program after the White House exerted executive privilege.

“I think evoking executive privilege at the 11th hour yesterday was probably the last straw…I don’t know how the attorney general can continue to exercise that office with any level of credibility after the decision that was made yesterday,” Rubio said.

Other senators have called on Holder to resign, including South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch, Texas Sen. John Cornyn, Georgia Sen. Johnny Isakson and Oklahoma Sen. James Inhofe.

“I think the House has provided the attorney general multiple forums in which he can produce and answer these questions without endangering the kind of information that he thinks would endanger the ability to function in the future,” Rubio said. “And they’ve refused to do that.”

Ads by Google

In the House, 129 members have also called for Holder to  resign. Two sitting governors, Rick Perry of Texas and Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, have also made such calls.

Fast and Furious was a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives program, overseen by the Justice Department, which facilitated the sale of thousands of weapons to Mexican drug cartels via straw purchasers.

Authorities have said Border Patrol agent Brian Terry was killed with a Fast and Furious weapon.

Daily Caller Matthew Boyle contributed to this report.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/21/marco-rubio-calls-for-eric-holder-to-resign/#ixzz1yRYkCaga

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rubio selling a book.   Romney using Rubio to Hispander.  Obama delivers DREAM while romney can't choose a position ad Rubio just talked about it.

Love him or hate him - obama is taking action.  Repubs are jsut talking about it. 

Issa talked for 2 years about F&F.   Obama made that evidence go bye-bye in 5 minutes.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Rubio selling a book.   Romney using Rubio to Hispander.  Obama delivers DREAM while romney can't choose a position ad Rubio just talked about it.

Love him or hate him - obama is taking action.  Repubs are jsut talking about it. 

Issa talked for 2 years about F&F.   Obama made that evidence go bye-bye in 5 minutes.

Yeah ok asshole.   Go fuck yourself.   Idiot.   You, like the other obama cvnts dont give a fuck about anything but obama kneepadding, even when 300 + deaths directly are involved. 

Incredible. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V