Author Topic: Does anyone go to a gym like this?  (Read 4205 times)

UMPlabs

• Getbig II
Does anyone go to a gym like this?
« on: June 20, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »
 ???

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: does anyone go to a gym like this?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 03:27:40 PM »
yes, dumb turds always doing similar arrangements in the gym I train at.
?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 03:28:20 PM »

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 03:28:41 PM »
pretty good calves
R

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 03:33:11 PM »
yes, the LA fitness I used to go to is notorious for stuff like that.....horrible and shitty place to train, its a mess
X

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 03:39:07 PM »
i find this disrespectful racking the weights properly happen more often in gyms located in the hood where blacks, latinos and asians workout

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 03:41:42 PM »
It's even better when they leave them on the floor.   >:(

???

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 03:51:13 PM »
most solid type of gyms dont play that, you rack what u use or else u hear about it quick from the old head members, never mind the owner
R

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 03:59:55 PM »
It always starts with one dork and the rest follows because they won't correct that first dork.
I always LOL when that 16 year old bar chick, lighter than our heaviest DB, starts complaining about it (dead before 20, because of a heart attack or hernia)

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 04:02:59 PM »
most solid type of gyms dont play that, you rack what u use or else u hear about it quick from the old head members, never mind the owner

My gym owner (Hi, Bill!) has tried to kick me out multiple times for calling folks out on their not returning weights, dumbells, etc. Seriously. The guy's a real piece of work. I try to enforce some respect for his/our establishment and he wants to kick ME out.

The world's a strange place. 

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 04:13:24 PM »
My gym owner (Hi, Bill!) has tried to kick me out multiple times for calling folks out on their not returning weights, dumbells, etc. Seriously. The guy's a real piece of work. I try to enforce some respect for his/our establishment and he wants to kick ME out.

That sucks to hear and am not surprised. At my gym, people carry towels but don't use them. The woman bring dumbells beside the abductor machine, leave them there after. Many people are guilty of this. I could go on and on like people not wiping down cardio machines when done, guys being rough with the dumbells, the chalk left behind making the platform slippery...

Oh well...
?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 04:16:36 PM »
Beat it Noob

PLEASE tell me DePaepes does not have those gay ass hex weights....and he still has the nice round plated ones.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 04:20:33 PM »

At the 24hr in Penasquitos, CA one usually has to wander around and look for the other 1/2 of the pair because the douches there drag them all over the place and leave them, even upstairs

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 04:24:31 PM »
PLEASE tell me DePaepes does not have those gay ass hex weights....and he still has the nice round plated ones.
Hell no!!! Garry has kept it hardcore. The Davenport gym he bought is even better! The whole basement is the powerlifting room: 3 power racks, DB's up to 200's, walls are covered with Arnold/golden age BBers. I swear it's one of the coolest gyms in the Midwest that nobodies ever heard about

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 04:27:59 PM »
???

Yes, mine is like this every day due to the FILT.  Pisses me off.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 04:32:09 PM »
 ::) aww, did somebody put the big wieghts on your side of the rack?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 04:50:08 PM »

Guess that depends on how harshly you "call folks out" when they screw up. If all you're offering is a friendly reminder to them to put the weights back where they go, then the gym owner is probably overreacting. However if your are upsetting folks enough that they complain to him about you, then that puts him in an awkward position. I remember a fellow who used to get on folks case if they took too long between sets and he wanted to use the weights. He'd get downright nasty with folks. Eventually, he was asked to find another place to work out.

What irks me is when someone, most often a teenager, makes no attempt to put the weights away after using a piece of equipment. Another thing I get miffed about is when someone puts a 100 lb. plate flat on the floor next to the leg press. They are a bitch to get up off the floor. There is a fellow who is my age who will get on a piece of equipment, do a set and then rest forever, even when someone is obviously waiting to use the equipment. One time, I asked him if I could work in. He responded with, "I just have three more sets." Which, at the pace he was setting, meant he'd hog the equipment of an hour. I simply gave him a dirty look and walked away. It's just not worth getting upset with inconsiderate people because they really don't care or they would be more considerate.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »
???
I know sometimes the dumbbells get a little out of order but that is chaos. What serious trainer would work out in a place like that?  That shows a lot of people are members who aren't serious about working out.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 05:16:03 PM »
i find this disrespectful racking the weights properly happen more often in gyms located in the hood where blacks, latinos and asians workout

No question

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 05:17:11 PM »
Guess that depends on how harshly you "call folks out" when they screw up. If all you're offering is a friendly reminder to them to put the weights back where they go, then the gym owner is probably overreacting. However if your are upsetting folks enough that they complain to him about you, then that puts him in an awkward position. I remember a fellow who used to get on folks case if they took too long between sets and he wanted to use the weights. He'd get downright nasty with folks. Eventually, he was asked to find another place to work out.

What irks me is when someone, most often a teenager, makes no attempt to put the weights away after using a piece of equipment. Another thing I get miffed about is when someone puts a 100 lb. plate flat on the floor next to the leg press. They are a bitch to get up off the floor. There is a fellow who is my age who will get on a piece of equipment, do a set and then rest forever, even when someone is obviously waiting to use the equipment. One time, I asked him if I could work in. He responded with, "I just have three more sets." Which, at the pace he was setting, meant he'd hog the equipment of an hour. I simply gave him a dirty look and walked away. It's just not worth getting upset with inconsiderate people because they really don't care or they would be more considerate.

Yeah, okay bill.....  ::)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 05:41:36 PM »
It's even better when they leave them on the floor.   >:(

Golds Venice

Scattered all over  ::)
:

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 06:06:16 PM »
 the LA Fitness in Easton PA has lots of hot bitches in there....

getbig or getgot

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 01:14:54 AM »
Yes!  Every gym I have trained in people have done a great job putting weights away, but now I train at 24 hr and nobody gives a shit and doesn't put anything away. It's really annoying.