Author Topic: 90's Video Game You'd Die With  (Read 5289 times)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: 90's Video Game You'd Die With
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 05:44:05 AM »
Win.
PC gaming has gone downhill with the advent of the new consoles, IMHO. All the good game developers started focusing on how much money they could make selling to kids with their Xbox's and PS3's.

It seems like years go by on PC with only a couple great games to show for it now days.

Spot on. Developers just massively dumb down their games. Like with the disappointing Fallout 3. The "kids" might not get it.

**edit: the irony is that kids are smarter than developers think

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 05:55:16 AM »
Spot on. Developers just massively dumb down their games. Like with the disappointing Fallout 3. The "kids" might not get it.

**edit: the irony is that kids are smarter than developers think
I remember, when PC gaming really took off in the late 90's, we had Quake 2, HL, HL2, CS, Red Alert, Starcraft, Diablo 2, etc, etc, etc all within like a 5 year span.
Now... still waiting on HL 3. Battlefield 3 is ruined by a massive influx of CoD kids, Diablo III was a disappointment, Blizzard is charging full price PER CAMPAIGN for Starcraft 2, etc, etc.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 06:11:13 AM »
Street Fighter II.

Used to play that with my mates for hours.

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 01:13:48 PM »
If I have some time I still play occasionally XCOM. Funny it hasn't good ratings back then.

2. Speedball

3. Flashback

4. Gran Turismo

There are som good 3D shooter like half life, doom, quake. But I overplayed them and they only make sense if you have a real opponent. Same with Beat m Ups.