Author Topic: Bob Chick - Tribute.  (Read 53371 times)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Re: Bob Chick, the legend.
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2012, 11:17:02 PM »
Oh geez, when do they turn of the electricity in the old folks homes in Australia?
LOL

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: Bob Chick - the legend
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2012, 11:17:22 PM »
What industry, Ron? Bodybuilding is owned by private companies and the supplement companies have influence, too.

I complain about the way Bob gets preferential treatment. Critical threads and posts about him are removed. Many highly slanderous posts about me remain. That isn't fair dinkum and smacks of favourtism. My title was a national title. Still no blue stars but who cares, right Ron? I shouldn't have to complain to Ron about slanderous posts. It appears that if you are disapproved of on this forum you can get tarred and feathered and no one does a thing. Great forum, Ron.

I have done plenty in the Irongame but younger fellows like Ron wouldn't know half of it. I criticize Bob because he is part of the problem in bodybuilding, not the solution. I have argued this but Bob merely says I am out of the loop and an imbecile. I have a better brain than Bob. I know how intelligent I am. Most here don't realize how truly dull they are. That is the difference. There are a lot of smart guys here. I know that and they help make the place an amusing one most of the time.

If Ron is going to post to support people he should make the forum fair by having his moderators remove slanderous posts. If a guy with a masters degree in the philosophy of science is an idiot what does that make just about everyone else? I take plenty of crap from the flotsam. I despise anonymous cowards and those nasty pricks hiding behind gimmick accounts.

I post with navy font, not blue!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2012, 11:18:38 PM »
yeah...invented the electric chair!

Listen to the knuckleheads! Who else on Getbig had a patent for a piece of gym equipment?

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2012, 11:26:15 PM »

Is it safe to assume you aren't getting laid?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2012, 11:28:52 PM »
I find it amazing that some of you complain about Bob.  Especially the one who started this thread, who really has nothing to show for much, except such bitter jealousy and worse. It's very sad.

Bob isn't a legend. We all know that.  But he has done some cool things in our small industry, and has worked with some talented people.  First off, he was a bodybuilder and for 15-18 years, tried to get a pro card, which he finally did, to his credit.  He wasn't the best bodybuilder, not even one of the top in the industry.  But also remember, during the years that he did try to get a pro card, it was much harder to do so.  Those days, very few pro cards were given to bodybuilders per year, unlike this year, where 15-20 might be given out, and lots more countries are participating too.

Bob worked with us at bodybuilding.com as a spokesperson for a while, and that was a lot of fun too.  Bob also tried very hard to change some things for pro bodybuilders, but alas, when the time came for them to step up and support Bob, very few did.  He worked to try to change this but the bodybuilders didn't support him. Oh well.  I was there when he tried. So credit to him there.

Bob tries new things. Radio shows, television ideas, emceeing and other things. He tries. Doesn't wait for things to come to him.

And unlike some of the people, Bob enjoys having fun, taking fun pictures, making fun of himself and understanding the balance of life, family, friends and the industry.  Until you juggle all of that, it is hard to explain.

Yes, there are thing I am not fond of Bob, but then again, there are things I am not fond of others too. We all have our faults, and we all have our good things.

Am I mad that Bob can't post here because Blechman told him not to post anymore, like he did to Shawn Ray (it is in his contract).  Not at all.  I get it.  Blechman provides money, a paycheck to both of them, and that matters.  I don't.  Simple as that.  And when I see Bob, or Shawn, it is always cordial and fun. We get the industry. We have fun.

Lunch or dinner with the guys is cool. I have before, and will continue. Much harder now with Bob because he moved to Ft. Meyers, Florida from California. But with Shawn. We all had dinner just Saturday night at the Cheesecake Factory in Arcadia.

You all hate too much because he works hard at being successful. So he isnt a top notch bodybuilder. Who cares?  He is part of the industry and respects it.

X5
A lot of wasted negative energy Basille. A smart guy like you with your experience and wisdom should do something more constructive with your resources than organize a smear campaign against Chick.  Or post photos of yourself with any hot chicks...that will also grant you credibility.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2012, 11:32:03 PM »
Listen to the knuckleheads! Who else on Getbig had a patent for a piece of gym equipment?

Ooh! A patent! You're a member of such an exclusive club along with the inventors of 3216423 "Apparatus for facilitating the birth of a child by centrifugal force" and 5971829 "Motorized ice cream cone". It's not at all like other clubs where all it takes to join is filing some paperwork and paying a fee...

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2012, 11:35:28 PM »
yeah...invented the electric chair!

Basille, you're so silly the way you sit on Optimus Prime's lap

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
Re: Bob Chick - Tribute.
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2012, 11:36:05 PM »

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2012, 11:44:33 PM »
Basile makes one good point....he does deserve blue stars.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2012, 03:35:08 AM »
Rusty was robbed!
P

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2012, 03:48:18 AM »
Hey, Wes, you are starting to sound like a musclehead. Thick and judgemental. Why the angst?

This thread is about Bob, not me.

This thread is about your utter hate for Bob.................bein g judgemental is the whole point of this thread..........you being judgemental towards Bob Chick.

Just read Rons post for further info on how I feel............not gonna` waste my time typing anymore.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2012, 03:50:12 AM »
One of Chick's classic ownages of Basile - asking why anyone would drive a white van for no reason.  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2012, 04:11:01 AM »
Sounds like Basile needs his colostomy bag changed. 

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2012, 05:16:45 AM »
Ron posted today that "The boards are for learning, for entertainment and for keeping up with bodybuilding...".

With this in mind, I thought we could post photos of Bob Chick as a tribute to his long and colourful career. The guy is a legend in bodybuilding: on stage,behind the stage, in magazines, on radio, and on the forums. What can I say, the guy is in the loop and knows what is going on. He has moved on

from Getbig because he has a contract that prevents him from posting here except for official MD announcements.

Please keep the posts respectful.

I like Bob a lot, But it took him over 20 years of heavy drug use to become a pro....how can you say he is a "on stage legend"?

WOOOOSSSHHHHHHHHH

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2012, 05:27:22 AM »
What industry, Ron? Bodybuilding is owned by private companies and the supplement companies have influence, too.

I complain about the way Bob gets preferential treatment. Critical threads and posts about him are removed. Many highly slanderous posts about me remain. That isn't fair dinkum and smacks of favourtism. My title was a national title. Still no blue stars but who cares, right Ron? I shouldn't have to complain to Ron about slanderous posts. It appears that if you are disapproved of on this forum you can get tarred and feathered and no one does a thing. Great forum, Ron.

I have done plenty in the Irongame but younger fellows like Ron wouldn't know half of it. I criticize Bob because he is part of the problem in bodybuilding, not the solution. I have argued this but Bob merely says I am out of the loop and an imbecile. I have a better brain than Bob. I know how intelligent I am. Most here don't realize how truly dull they are. That is the difference. There are a lot of smart guys here. I know that and they help make the place an amusing one most of the time.

If Ron is going to post to support people he should make the forum fair by having his moderators remove slanderous posts. If a guy with a masters degree in the philosophy of science is an idiot what does that make just about everyone else? I take plenty of crap from the flotsam. I despise anonymous cowards and those nasty pricks hiding behind gimmick accounts.

Vince,

What's your real problem with Bobby?  I mean really, why the animosity towards him?

Is it because the two of you have not seen eye to eye on most matters bodybuilding related while on a bodybuilding forum?

Is it because Bobby is an actual IFBB pro that persevered when others might have simply quit?

Is it because he actually won a Pro show (regardless of how controversial it might have been in your eyes)?

Is it because he has been an MC for many Olympias and various pro bodybuilding events alike?

Is it because he is the Athlete's Rep? I mean, can you blame him?  Have you ever spoken to 95% of most IFBB pros?  Most of them, with all due respect, can't even formulate a basic sentence, let alone communicate their thoughts unless it involves a grunt and shoulder shrug.

Is it because he has had various lucrative contracts with companies like Bodybuilding.com, BSN and now Muscular Development?

Is it because he has found a way to stay relevant in an industry where the shelf life of most guys is anywhere between 5-10 years?

Is it because he continues to find a way to make money from an industry that doesn't provide it's competitors with retirement plans, health insurance or even a standard working salary?

Is it because he is SMART enough to understand that at the end of the day all that matters is his family's well being and that because of which, what truly matters most is what you can accomplish and continue to accomplish in the future in order to provide for those people which mean the most in your life?

Is it because he now does radio podcasts and video commentary with various figureheads in the industry for others to attain entertainment from?

Is it because he has had a few minor roles in Hollywood films, thereby bringing some form of spotlight towards bodybuilding? (A feat not done since the time of Arnold)

Is it truly about how Ron can be favorable towards Bobby (The only pro that after all of the others pussies left GetBig, actually stuck around and participated on the site and brought humor on a daily basis), not to mention how Bobby looks out for Ron whenever he can?

So you won a national title, good for you.  No one is taking that away from you.  

Are you an IFBB pro? No, but who cares, that's old news.

Are you involved with this industry to the extent that Bobby is? No.

Has Bobby ever hurt your business in Australia? No.

Has Bobby caused you to go broke? No.

Has Bobby taken food out the mouths of the ones you love? No.

Has Bobby spoken to IFBB officials and made a move to ban your gym from any exposure within the industry? No.

So, really, what is your damn problem with Bobby?

"1"

P.S. I have no qualms with you Vince, I just truly want to know where this is all stemming from.  Also, Bobby and I have been friends for decades now, since the time when he was a security guard at my younger brother's high school to now when he has become a true celebrity within the bodybuilding industry.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2012, 06:13:10 AM »

You can lead by example, Basile.  You have slandered me for many years on this board alongside Keith....remember all the times you called me a charlatan or a scam artist or a stooge or some other name which resulted in me having to perform a keyboard jihad on your fragile mind????

You also claim you've done plenty in the Irongame but I also have to beg to differ.  You've critized Bob and the IFBB for the rampant use of steroids yet you used steroids during your career.

You claim to have won a national title but I have to wonder the validity of it.  You admitted that you hand-picked the judges for that event.....can you really call yourself the 1970 Mr Canada based upon that????

Vince Basile, despite all of that, you still could have been a well respected person in the bodybuilding industry but instead of contributing to it, you've attacked it over and over again with extreme prejudice.  

Think about it
A

the trainer

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2012, 06:46:17 AM »

You can lead by example, Basile.  You have slandered me for many years on this board alongside Keith....remember all the times you called me a charlatan or a scam artist or a stooge or some other name which resulted in me having to perform a keyboard jihad on your fragile mind????

You also claim you've done plenty in the Irongame but I also have to beg to differ.  You've critized Bob and the IFBB for the rampant use of steroids yet you used steroids during your career.

You claim to have won a national title but I have to wonder the validity of it.  You admitted that you hand-picked the judges for that event.....can you really call yourself the 1970 Mr Canada based upon that????

Vince Basile, despite all of that, you still could have been a well respected person in the bodybuilding industry but instead of contributing to it, you've attacked it over and over again with extreme prejudice.  

Think about it

In all fairness I will say that regardless of how basile won the mr canada the fact is that he completed and should be considered a competitor and based on that fact he does deserve blue stars, to give Vince g blue stars and not give them to  basile is extremely bias and unfair. just my two cents.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2012, 07:13:28 AM »
Vince,

What's your real problem with Bobby?  I mean really, why the animosity towards him?

Is it because the two of you have not seen eye to eye on most matters bodybuilding related while on a bodybuilding forum?

Is it because Bobby is an actual IFBB pro that persevered when others might have simply quit?

Is it because he actually won a Pro show (regardless of how controversial it might have been in your eyes)?

Is it because he has been an MC for many Olympias and various pro bodybuilding events alike?

Is it because he is the Athlete's Rep? I mean, can you blame him?  Have you ever spoken to 95% of most IFBB pros?  Most of them, with all due respect, can't even formulate a basic sentence, let alone communicate their thoughts unless it involves a grunt and shoulder shrug.

Is it because he has had various lucrative contracts with companies like Bodybuilding.com, BSN and now Muscular Development?

Is it because he has found a way to stay relevant in an industry where the shelf life of most guys is anywhere between 5-10 years?

Is it because he continues to find a way to make money from an industry that doesn't provide it's competitors with retirement plans, health insurance or even a standard working salary?

Is it because he is SMART enough to understand that at the end of the day all that matters is his family's well being and that because of which, what truly matters most is what you can accomplish and continue to accomplish in the future in order to provide for those people which mean the most in your life?

Is it because he now does radio podcasts and video commentary with various figureheads in the industry for others to attain entertainment from?

Is it because he has had a few minor roles in Hollywood films, thereby bringing some form of spotlight towards bodybuilding? (A feat not done since the time of Arnold)

Is it truly about how Ron can be favorable towards Bobby (The only pro that after all of the others pussies left GetBig, actually stuck around and participated on the site and brought humor on a daily basis), not to mention how Bobby looks out for Ron whenever he can?

So you won a national title, good for you.  No one is taking that away from you. 

Are you an IFBB pro? No, but who cares, that's old news.

Are you involved with this industry to the extent that Bobby is? No.

Has Bobby ever hurt your business in Australia? No.

Has Bobby caused you to go broke? No.

Has Bobby taken food out the mouths of the ones you love? No.

Has Bobby spoken to IFBB officials and made a move to ban your gym from any exposure within the industry? No.

So, really, what is your damn problem with Bobby?

"1"

P.S. I have no qualms with you Vince, I just truly want to know where this is all stemming from.  Also, Bobby and I have been friends for decades now, since the time when he was a security guard at my younger brother's high school to now when he has become a true celebrity within the bodybuilding industry.

Very good questions my friend, and unanswerable...........t hat is if Vince doesn`t want to come off as simply sounding  envious of Bobs achieviements.

Good post!  ;)

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2012, 07:26:01 AM »
... where's team nasser?...

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2012, 07:51:39 AM »
Vince your jealousy is sad and pathetic!

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2012, 09:10:34 AM »
Bob's a cool dude.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2012, 01:13:42 PM »
The real question here is: who was better in their prime...Ronnie or Dorian?

:D

PS: OMR dropping bombs of devastation in this threat

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2012, 01:16:29 PM »
In all fairness I will say that regardless of how basile won the mr canada the fact is that he completed and should be considered a competitor and based on that fact he does deserve blue stars, to give Vince g blue stars and not give them to  basile is extremely bias and unfair. just my two cents.

yup, time to refresh the "remove vince's stars now" thread!
?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2012, 01:17:56 PM »
Bob won't be back..... :'( :'(

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2012, 02:10:59 PM »

If a guy with a masters degree in the philosophy of science is an idiot what does that make just about everyone else?

Whatever happened to that last Getbigger who thought he was smarter, and superior to everyone else.....Suckmymuscle or something like that? How's things going for that fella?     ;D