Author Topic: Bob Chick - Tribute.  (Read 53384 times)

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
Re: Bob Chick, the legend.
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 07:42:03 PM »
leave him alone. i think he just turned 80 and is "losing it".

think how much bob chick was in this guys head as Imbasile started this thread.
think how FUCKED UP your life would have to be.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 07:43:43 PM »
Ron posted today that "The boards are for learning, for entertainment and for keeping up with bodybuilding...".

With this in mind, I thought we could post photos of Bob Chick as a tribute to his long and colourful career. The guy is a legend in bodybuilding: on stage,

behind the stage, in magazines, on radio, and on the forums. What can I say, the guy is in the loop and knows what is going on. He has moved on

from Getbig because he has a contract that prevents him from posting here except for official MD announcements.

Please keep the posts respectful.

What the fuck are you up to, Basile
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 07:44:15 PM »
Two threads about Bob were deleted recently, including one that I started. So I am seeing if a tribute thread will be deleted. I expect Bob to post  here with  his gimmick accounts.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 07:45:24 PM »
I have one thing in common with Bob. Neither of us are homosexuals.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 07:46:28 PM »

who are those two sluts?

looks fun

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 07:49:24 PM »
Bob is clearly not gay and neither did he do G4P. He did what I describe as artistic photos for celebrated photographers. Who wouldn't?

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 07:54:10 PM »
I said I thought I could still build muscle at my age and completely natural and without any supplements whatever. I am into the experiment now and completed my 4th arm workout today. Training only arms at the moment. Biceps and triceps supersets. Ending in 6 sets with the maximum resistance. Progressing rapidly which is almost scary! Mostly regaining some of my former size. I am confident I can get bigger arms than I have previouly had. Should be an interesting experiment. I will show you guys because I need a strong incentive to keep this training going. So far there is no hint of any diminished response to hypertrophy training. This is what I predicted for myself. I can't say it would be the same for everyone else. I won't even consider using any drugs or supplements. This is a purely natural experiment to show what is possible as one gets older.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 07:56:39 PM »
If Im over 60 and posting nonsense on Getbig like Basile I'll prob just kill myself...Pathetic

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 07:57:36 PM »
Epic insecurity/jealousy on Vinces part.

You should just be proud that you won a national title and leave it at that.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 08:05:44 PM »
Hey, Wes, you are starting to sound like a musclehead. Thick and judgemental. Why the angst?

This thread is about Bob, not me.

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 08:22:55 PM »
"i will prove to getbig.com that i can gain back my former 1843 mr canada body"

drflex

• Getbig I
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 08:24:54 PM »
looks like the dad on the brady bunch

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2012, 08:30:40 PM »
" my blood pressure is fine"

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2012, 08:31:58 PM »
" my blood pressure is fine"

Is that cellulite on his biceps? :-X
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 08:33:08 PM »
I have some safety fat of course in case of sickness or injury.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2012, 08:36:27 PM »
 ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bob Chick - the legend
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2012, 09:15:22 PM »

I find it amazing that some of you complain about Bob.  Especially the one who started this thread, who really has nothing to show for much, except such bitter jealousy and worse. It's very sad.

Bob isn't a legend. We all know that.  But he has done some cool things in our small industry, and has worked with some talented people.  First off, he was a bodybuilder and for 15-18 years, tried to get a pro card, which he finally did, to his credit.  He wasn't the best bodybuilder, not even one of the top in the industry.  But also remember, during the years that he did try to get a pro card, it was much harder to do so.  Those days, very few pro cards were given to bodybuilders per year, unlike this year, where 15-20 might be given out, and lots more countries are participating too.

Bob worked with us at bodybuilding.com as a spokesperson for a while, and that was a lot of fun too.  Bob also tried very hard to change some things for pro bodybuilders, but alas, when the time came for them to step up and support Bob, very few did.  He worked to try to change this but the bodybuilders didn't support him. Oh well.  I was there when he tried. So credit to him there.

Bob tries new things. Radio shows, television ideas, emceeing and other things. He tries. Doesn't wait for things to come to him.

And unlike some of the people, Bob enjoys having fun, taking fun pictures, making fun of himself and understanding the balance of life, family, friends and the industry.  Until you juggle all of that, it is hard to explain.

Yes, there are thing I am not fond of Bob, but then again, there are things I am not fond of others too. We all have our faults, and we all have our good things.

Am I mad that Bob can't post here because Blechman told him not to post anymore, like he did to Shawn Ray (it is in his contract).  Not at all.  I get it.  Blechman provides money, a paycheck to both of them, and that matters.  I don't.  Simple as that.  And when I see Bob, or Shawn, it is always cordial and fun. We get the industry. We have fun.

Lunch or dinner with the guys is cool. I have before, and will continue. Much harder now with Bob because he moved to Ft. Meyers, Florida from California. But with Shawn. We all had dinner just Saturday night at the Cheesecake Factory in Arcadia.

You all hate too much because he works hard at being successful. So he isnt a top notch bodybuilder. Who cares?  He is part of the industry and respects it.

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2012, 09:20:48 PM »
I find it amazing that some of you complain about Bob.  Especially the one who started this thread, who really has nothing to show for much, except such bitter jealousy and worse. It's very sad.

Bob isn't a legend. We all know that.  But he has done some cool things in our small industry, and has worked with some talented people.  First off, he was a bodybuilder and for 15-18 years, tried to get a pro card, which he finally did, to his credit.  He wasn't the best bodybuilder, not even one of the top in the industry.  But also remember, during the years that he did try to get a pro card, it was much harder to do so.  Those days, very few pro cards were given to bodybuilders per year, unlike this year, where 15-20 might be given out, and lots more countries are participating too.

Bob worked with us at bodybuilding.com as a spokesperson for a while, and that was a lot of fun too.  Bob also tried very hard to change some things for pro bodybuilders, but alas, when the time came for them to step up and support Bob, very few did.  He worked to try to change this but the bodybuilders didn't support him. Oh well.  I was there when he tried. So credit to him there.

Bob tries new things. Radio shows, television ideas, emceeing and other things. He tries. Doesn't wait for things to come to him.

And unlike some of the people, Bob enjoys having fun, taking fun pictures, making fun of himself and understanding the balance of life, family, friends and the industry.  Until you juggle all of that, it is hard to explain.

Yes, there are thing I am not fond of Bob, but then again, there are things I am not fond of others too. We all have our faults, and we all have our good things.

Am I mad that Bob can't post here because Blechman told him not to post anymore, like he did to Shawn Ray (it is in his contract).  Not at all.  I get it.  Blechman provides money, a paycheck to both of them, and that matters.  I don't.  Simple as that.  And when I see Bob, or Shawn, it is always cordial and fun. We get the industry. We have fun.

Lunch or dinner with the guys is cool. I have before, and will continue. Much harder now with Bob because he moved to Ft. Meyers, Florida from California. But with Shawn. We all had dinner just Saturday night at the Cheesecake Factory in Arcadia.

You all hate too much because he works hard at being successful. So he isnt a top notch bodybuilder. Who cares?  He is part of the industry and respects it.

x2.

Bob is a good guy. the sad thing is that you spent all that time replying to the delusional that started this thread, ron.

he types in blue font because you wont give him blue stars - lol

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2012, 09:23:52 PM »
I find it amazing that some of you complain about Bob.  Especially the one who started this thread, who really has nothing to show for much, except such bitter jealousy and worse. It's very sad.

Bob isn't a legend. We all know that.  But he has done some cool things in our small industry, and has worked with some talented people.  First off, he was a bodybuilder and for 15-18 years, tried to get a pro card, which he finally did, to his credit.  He wasn't the best bodybuilder, not even one of the top in the industry.  But also remember, during the years that he did try to get a pro card, it was much harder to do so.  Those days, very few pro cards were given to bodybuilders per year, unlike this year, where 15-20 might be given out, and lots more countries are participating too.

Bob worked with us at bodybuilding.com as a spokesperson for a while, and that was a lot of fun too.  Bob also tried very hard to change some things for pro bodybuilders, but alas, when the time came for them to step up and support Bob, very few did.  He worked to try to change this but the bodybuilders didn't support him. Oh well.  I was there when he tried. So credit to him there.

And unlike some of the people, Bob enjoys having fun, taking fun pictures, making fun of himself and understanding the balance of life, family, friends and the industry.  Until you juggle all of that, it is hard to explain.

Am I mad that Bob can't post here because Blechman told him not to post anymore, like he did to Shawn Ray (it is in his contract).  Not at all.  I get it.  Blechman provides money, a paycheck to both of them, and that matters.  I don't.  Simple as that.  And when I see Bob, or Shawn, it is always cordial and fun. We get the industry. We have fun.

You all hate too much because he works hard at being successful. So he isnt a top notch bodybuilder. Who cares?  He is part of the industry and respects it.

Honest post
T

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »

Well said!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2012, 10:09:10 PM »

What industry, Ron? Bodybuilding is owned by private companies and the supplement companies have influence, too.

I complain about the way Bob gets preferential treatment. Critical threads and posts about him are removed. Many highly slanderous posts about me remain. That isn't fair dinkum and smacks of favourtism. My title was a national title. Still no blue stars but who cares, right Ron? I shouldn't have to complain to Ron about slanderous posts. It appears that if you are disapproved of on this forum you can get tarred and feathered and no one does a thing. Great forum, Ron.

I have done plenty in the Irongame but younger fellows like Ron wouldn't know half of it. I criticize Bob because he is part of the problem in bodybuilding, not the solution. I have argued this but Bob merely says I am out of the loop and an imbecile. I have a better brain than Bob. I know how intelligent I am. Most here don't realize how truly dull they are. That is the difference. There are a lot of smart guys here. I know that and they help make the place an amusing one most of the time.

If Ron is going to post to support people he should make the forum fair by having his moderators remove slanderous posts. If a guy with a masters degree in the philosophy of science is an idiot what does that make just about everyone else? I take plenty of crap from the flotsam. I despise anonymous cowards and those nasty pricks hiding behind gimmick accounts.

I post with navy font, not blue!

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2012, 10:14:20 PM »
What industry, Ron? Bodybuilding is owned by private companies and the supplement companies have influence, too.

I complain about the way Bob gets preferential treatment. Critical threads and posts about him are removed. Many highly slanderous posts about me remain. That isn't fair dinkum and smacks of favourtism. My title was a national title. Still no blue stars but who cares, right Ron? I shouldn't have to complain to Ron about slanderous posts. It appears that if you are disapproved of on this forum you can get tarred and feathered and no one does a thing. Great forum, Ron.

I have done plenty in the Irongame but younger fellows like Ron wouldn't know half of it. I criticize Bob because he is part of the problem in bodybuilding, not the solution. I have argued this but Bob merely says I am out of the loop and an imbecile. I have a better brain than Bob. I know how intelligent I am. Most here don't realize how truly dull they are. That is the difference. There are a lot of smart guys here. I know that and they help make the place an amusing one most of the time.

If Ron is going to post to support people he should make the forum fair by having his moderators remove slanderous posts. If a guy with a masters degree in the philosophy of science is an idiot what does that make just about everyone else? I take plenty of crap from the flotsam. I despise anonymous cowards and those nasty pricks hiding behind gimmick accounts.

FUCK OFF!

you are not wanted here even by the owner.

thread backfire!

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2012, 10:23:07 PM »
I have done plenty in the Irongame

yeah...invented the electric chair!

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2012, 10:25:05 PM »

"i post in navy blue...not normal blue!"

oh...i see... ::)

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2012, 10:30:35 PM »
bob chick is definition of political correctness, ass licking and so on.

;)