Author Topic: If artificial sweeteners contain things like dextrose and maltodextrin...  (Read 2677 times)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
how come they don't affect your blood sugar levels or do they?

I know they gotta be in very small amounts in each packet but say if I use like 10 at a time would there be an insulin response?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
how come they don't affect your blood sugar levels or do they?

I know they gotta be in very small amounts in each packet but say if I use like 10 at a time would there be an insulin response?

Are there any that contain those two ingredients exclusively?  I don't think so.  If there's dextrose in it, it's there for a sweetener.  If there's maltodex in it, it's as a filler and also to prevent clumping of other ingredients.

And yes, enough of either ingredient would produce a response, but why would you even consider doing so?
:

Borracho

• Getbig V

Are there any that contain those two ingredients exclusively?  I don't think so.  If there's dextrose in it, it's there for a sweetener.  If there's maltodex in it, it's as a filler and also to prevent clumping of other ingredients.

And yes, enough of either ingredient would produce a response, but why would you even consider doing so?

Well.... take a look at equal for example:

Equal Classic    Packets    dextrose with maltodextrin, aspartame
Equal Classic    Spoonful    maltodextrin, aspartame
Equal Classic    Tablets    lactose (from milk), aspartame, acesulfame potassium, cellulose gum, calcium stearate
Equal Sucralose    Packets    dextrose with maltodextrin, sucralose
Equal Sucralose    Granulated    maltodextrin, sucralose
Equal Saccharin    Packets    dextrose with maltodextrin, sodium saccharin, cream of tartar, calcium silicate

Each packet of the equal classic is less than a calorie I believe. I read that ingredients other than aspartame in it are used as bulking agents so I don't know how many packets would be enough to spike insulin. I use about 8 packets if I make a lemonade just to sweeten it to my liking btw.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
1 gram by weight = 1 gram carb with dex or malto dex.  There are 4 cals per gram of carb, therefore your packets of 1 calorie is 1/4 gram carb.  Negligible.
:

Borracho

• Getbig V
thanks princess  :D

POB

• Getbig IV
If you wanna get lean just drink black coffee, you get use to it