Author Topic: Tell me you get'biggers aren't into this Kettlebell bullshit  (Read 12142 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Tell me you get'biggers aren't into this Kettlebell bullshit
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 05:20:44 PM »
They run RKC's with Pavel Tsatsouline in my gym.

Not for me but have played about pressing them before.

Anything with Dan John teaching is worth listening too.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 05:29:34 PM »
I like KB's....I don't use them for any meaningful strength training, but they're fun to dick around with for cardio...

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 06:03:38 PM »
Dan John is a smart guy.

KB's are a different tool. Not a revolutionary tool.

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »
The thing i don't like is that a lot of trainers are doing it, probably in fear of thinking they'd be out of touch with the 'fitness' industry if they aren't doing what everyone else is doing.  You can get around the fact that if you want to look in shape (not necessarily be a decathlon athlete) you have to do certain things.  If not weight training, at least resistance training in the form of push-ups, pull-ups, etc.  I mean, just look at your average gymnast. 

I think most people couldn't give two fucks about overall health.  If you're a woman you want to look hot as fuck and if you're a guy that isn't a baller or very famous, you'd at least want a decent looking physique.  Maybe if you're in shape, have been training for a while and want to do KBs for shits and giggles than good for you.  But to use them as a primary method of getting in shape is, i think, akin to going around the block to cross the street. 

The thing about weights is that they are literally the body sculpting tools.  You can use it to look like a twink, a mass monster, or a 'fit' looking dude.  I enjoy the challenge of going into the gym and leaving everything in there and feeling like a fucking superhero. 

But i'm at an age where to each its own.  I'm happy with what i built.  I just feel most of these people aren't gonna get the results they're looking for.  Until the next fad...