Author Topic: Supreme Court Upholds Individual Mandate  (Read 14173 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Individual Mandate
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2012, 07:38:09 AM »
again, just willful stupidty on your part

there is a penalty within the legislation but if you don't pay it you are not subject to criminal or civil penalties

remember this entire freak out by you was about Obama sending you to jail

there is no way under the law that he can send you to jail

It's not possible

Straw - if President Romney passes an "anti-Crime" law and as part of it you have to purchase a new rifle every year and take self defense classes or face a tax - are you ok with that? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2012, 07:43:53 AM »
again, just willful stupidty on your part

there is a penalty within the legislation but if you don't pay it you are not subject to criminal or civil penalties

remember this entire freak out by you was about Obama sending you to jail

there is no way under the law that he can send you to jail

It's not possible

Your inability to read increases with each passing day. Claiming that if you DON'T pay a tax there is no civil or criminal penalty is utterly ludicrous. Even you just stated that the IRS can snatch from your tax return, which is a civil penalty.

"No way under the law"? How utterly STUPID can you get? Obama has done loads of crap that the law states he can't do (he even stated as much himself, regarding immigration).

Yet, you're trying to float this nonsense that, if you don't have insurance and don't pay the fine, the Obama administration is going to nothing about it (especially when this relates to giving the government money).

The Supreme Court ruled that ObamaCare is a TAX. Why don't you go tell Wesley Snipes that the government can't put you in jail for not paying taxes.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2012, 07:50:13 AM »
Guys, I figured out how to make Republicans happy about universal healthcare.

Let's invade another country and take theirs, and then we'll tell that country that they are now free.

Agreed?

I figured out how the make Democrats realize how asinine this ruling is.

The next time the GOP runs the whole show (which could be next year), let them pass education reform by having all citizens invest in school vouchers to be used at any educational institution the parents choose (including religious private schools), or be fined if they don't.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2012, 07:58:32 AM »
Your inability to read increases with each passing day. Claiming that if you DON'T pay a tax there is no civil or criminal penalty is utterly ludicrous. Even you just stated that the IRS can snatch from your tax return, which is a civil penalty.

"No way under the law"? How utterly STUPID can you get? Obama has done loads of crap that the law states he can't do (he even stated as much himself, regarding immigration).

Yet, you're trying to float this nonsense that, if you don't have insurance and don't pay the fine, the Obama administration is going to nothing about it (especially when this relates to giving the government money).

The Supreme Court ruled that ObamaCare is a TAX. Why don't you go tell Wesley Snipes that the government can't put you in jail for not paying taxes.

again - the legislation has no provision for criminal or civil penalty

if you want to pretend that language doesnt exist thats fine by me

You keep bringing up Wesley Snipes but he commited tax FRAUD on a massive scale for which there are both civil and crimilal penalties

that is the difference

you seem to not understand this or just choose to not understand this

I used to think it was you choosing to be stupid but now I'm convinced you truly are this stupid

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2012, 07:59:52 AM »
again - the legislation has no provision for criminal or civil penalty

if you want to pretend that language doesnt exist thats fine by me

You keep bringing up Wesley Snipes but he commited tax FRAUD on a massive scale for which there are both civil and crimilal penalties

that is the difference

you seem to not understand this or just choose to not understand this

I used to think it was you choosing to be stupid but now I'm convinced you truly are this stupid

Yes it does - 2.5% of your AGI for non-compliance

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2012, 08:13:20 AM »

That's what the brain-dead Straw Man can't quite digest. Getting money taken from you for not complying with ObamaCare is a CIVIL PENALTY, the very thing this goof claimed the government can't do.

And, what happens if you don't pay the fine and still don't have insurance? Straw danced around this then cited getting money taken from your tax return?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2012, 08:13:29 AM »

that would apply to very few people and you know it ....or should know it

there is also no way you can be put in jail for not paying it

Here are all the facts for anyone who cares to read and understand
McWay - I assume you will excluded yourself from that group so I'm going to post this one section just for you

if you still want to believe that Obama can throw you in jail then there is simply no hope for you

http://factcheck.org/2012/06/how-much-is-the-obamacare-tax/

Refusal to Pay

The law prohibits the IRS from seeking to put anybody in jail or seizing their property for simple refusal to pay the tax. The law says specifically that taxpayers “shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution or penalty” for failure to pay, and also that the IRS cannot file a tax lien (a legal claim against such things as homes, cars, wages and bank accounts) or a “levy” (seizure of property or bank accounts).

The law says that the IRS will collect the tax “in the same manner as an assessable penalty under subchapter B of chapter 68” of the tax code. That part of the tax code provides for imposing an additional penalty “equal to the total amount of the tax evaded, or not collected.” It also requires written notices to the taxpayer, and provides for court proceedings.

So it may turn out that the IRS will be suing those who fail to pay the tax for double the amount. But so far, the IRS has not spelled out exactly how it will enforce the new penalty with the limited power the law gives it

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2012, 08:15:10 AM »

That's what the brain-dead Straw Man can't quite digest. Getting money taken from you for not complying with ObamaCare is a CIVIL PENALTY, the very thing this goof claimed the government can't do.

And, what happens if you don't pay the fine and still don't have insurance? Straw danced around this then cited getting money taken from your tax return?

once again dumbass - there is no civil or criminal penalty for non-compliance

that doesnt' mean that there is not a penalty spelled out in the legislation

if you want to continue to wet your pants in fear that Obama is going to throw you in jail then so be it

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2012, 08:20:26 AM »

once again dumbass - there is no civil or criminal penalty for non-compliance

that doesnt' mean that there is not a penalty spelled out in the legislation

if you want to continue to wet your pants in fear that Obama is going to throw you in jail then so be it

There is no DREAM Act either. Yet, guess what Obama just did, contrary towhat is clearly stated in FEDERAL LAW.

The fact that you believe that Obama's administration is going to let people go unpunished for not complying to ObamaCare, especially with it being a tax, shows how mind-numbingly void of sense you are, kneepads and all.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2012, 08:24:58 AM »
that would apply to very few people and you know it ....or should know it

there is also no way you can be put in jail for not paying it

Here are all the facts for anyone who cares to read and understand
McWay - I assume you will excluded yourself from that group so I'm going to post this one section just for you

if you still want to believe that Obama can throw you in jail then there is simply no hope for you

http://factcheck.org/2012/06/how-much-is-the-obamacare-tax/

LOOK WHO'S TALKING!!!

You just claimed that there was NO CIVIL OR CRIMINAL penalty for not having insurance nor paying the fine. Yet, your down to about three toes, by citing CIVIL PENALTIES, or "fines or surcharges imposed by a governmental agency to enforce regulations such as late payment of taxes, failure to obtain a permit."

Obama and the Dems lied about the nature of ObamaCare, the cost of it, and who would be taxed by it. Yet, you are actually dumb enough to believe that you won't get punished if you don't comply (either by having insurance or paying the fine).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2012, 08:48:20 AM »
LOOK WHO'S TALKING!!!

You just claimed that there was NO CIVIL OR CRIMINAL penalty for not having insurance nor paying the fine. Yet, your down to about three toes, by citing CIVIL PENALTIES, or "fines or surcharges imposed by a governmental agency to enforce regulations such as late payment of taxes, failure to obtain a permit."

Obama and the Dems lied about the nature of ObamaCare, the cost of it, and who would be taxed by it. Yet, you are actually dumb enough to believe that you won't get punished if you don't comply (either by having insurance or paying the fine).

I gave you all the FACTS

if you choose to ignore it or pretend it says something other than what it does then that is your choice

anyone can read the facts for themselves

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2012, 08:51:00 AM »
Wow this is such a meltdown. I guess it was to be expected. Everyone and his dog talked how it was going down. It didn't. This flawed piece is here to stay. And possibly Obama with it.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2012, 08:53:17 AM »
Wow this is such a meltdown. I guess it was to be expected. Everyone and his dog talked how it was going down. It didn't. This flawed piece is here to stay. And possibly Obama with it.

I hope you at least understand the vast new powers Roberts gave to the govt to compel and control individual behavior w this.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2012, 08:58:48 AM »
I gave you all the FACTS

if you choose to ignore it or pretend it says something other than what it does then that is your choice

anyone can read the facts for themselves

What you gave was nonsense, not to mention you spent a good chunk of the thread DODGING the question of what happens when the fine isn't paid and you have no insurance.

Then you claim the IRS could take money from someone's tax returns, which is the VERY DEFINITION of what you claim can't be done.

ObamaCare is a tax what happens when you don't pay taxes again?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2012, 09:02:59 AM »
I hope you at least understand the vast new powers Roberts gave to the govt to compel and control individual behavior w this.   

I hope you at least understand the powers the government already had. You as an individual can choose to move. I suggest you do. Maybe by seeing the world you will realize how small minded, petty and above all nasty you are as a person. And if not fingers crossed you get kidnapped.  ;D
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
I hope you at least understand the powers the government already had. You as an individual can choose to move. I suggest you do. Maybe by seeing the world you will realize how small minded, petty and above all nasty you are as a person. And if not fingers crossed you get kidnapped.  ;D

Are you ok with the below?

________________________ ______

For example - lets say Apple lobbies obama and the congress to force people to buy an ipad or face a tax penalty - legal

Ruger lobbies Romney to force Americans to buy firearms or face a tax - legal

Chevy wants to recoup its losses by forcing us to buy a volt or face a tax - legal 

Solyndra lobbies obama to force americans to buy its solar panels or face a tax - legal 

NYSC lobbies Romney to force people to buy gym memberships or face a tax - legal

Monsanto lobbies Obama to force american to buy tomatos, salads, etc or face a tax - legal 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2012, 09:09:55 AM »
What you gave was nonsense, not to mention you spent a good chunk of the thread DODGING the question of what happens when the fine isn't paid and you have no insurance.

Then you claim the IRS could take money from someone's tax returns, which is the VERY DEFINITION of what you claim can't be done.

ObamaCare is a tax what happens when you don't pay taxes again?

for most people if their income is low enough their would be no consequence

for wealthier people who choose not to have insurance there will be a penalty as spelled out in the legislation

for those that don't pay the penalty the government cannot impose criminal or civil penalties (yes the same word - I know that confusese you but it refers to two different things)

The government cannot through you in jail, cannont  file a tax lien and cannot garnish your wages

All of that is spelled out in the link I gave you which you clearly did not read

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #217 on: June 29, 2012, 09:13:52 AM »

For example - lets say Apple lobbies obama and the congress to force people to buy an ipad or face a tax penalty - legal

Chevy wants to recoup its losses by forcing us to buy a volt or face a tax - legal 

Solyndra lobbies obama to force americans to buy its solar panels or face a tax - legal 

NYSC lobbies Romney to force people to buy gym memberships or face a tax - legal

Monsanto lobbies Obama to force american to buy tomatos, salads, etc or face a tax - legal 

except the health care legislation was not just a demand by Obama

it was legislation passed by Congress so if Congress  want to attempt to pass any of the nonsense you listed then they are free to try and I assume if passed would be subject to lawsuits just like the healthcare legislation

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: June 29, 2012, 09:21:15 AM »

except the health care legislation was not just a demand by Obama

it was legislation passed by Congress so if Congress  want to attempt to pass any of the nonsense you listed then they are free to try and I assume if passed would be subject to lawsuits just like the healthcare legislation

Whatever the case is - the precedent is now set. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #219 on: June 29, 2012, 09:32:12 AM »
for most people if their income is low enough their would be no consequence

for wealthier people who choose not to have insurance there will be a penalty as spelled out in the legislation

for those that don't pay the penalty the government cannot impose criminal or civil penalties (yes the same word - I know that confusese you but it refers to two different things)

The government cannot through you in jail, cannont  file a tax lien and cannot garnish your wages

All of that is spelled out in the link I gave you which you clearly did not read

What you clearly did not read is that this administration has done a HOST of things that current-written laws say they can't do.

The government CAN impose penalties for not paying taxes. ObamaCare is a tax, which (per the Supreme Court) is the only reason it still exists.

Listen to how ridiculous you sound: You have to have insurance, or you get hit with a penalty. The penalty is small but if you don't pay it, don't worry; nothing is going to happen to you.

You are actually DAFT enough to think Obama and the Dems passed this law, only to have no enforcement whatsoever for non-compliance. How bereft of sense can you possibly be?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2012, 09:47:35 AM »
False.   He is creating a new class of immigrant.

Even if that is the practical effect of Obama's Executive Order, I'd argue that it's irrelevant. The simple fact is that he does have the power to instruct Executive Branch departments on how to interpret the law and to dictate to Executive Branch departments on how discretionary prosecutorial powers should be exercised. Do we agree or disagree on that point?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2012, 10:13:43 AM »
What you clearly did not read is that this administration has done a HOST of things that current-written laws say they can't do.

The government CAN impose penalties for not paying taxes. ObamaCare is a tax, which (per the Supreme Court) is the only reason it still exists.

Listen to how ridiculous you sound: You have to have insurance, or you get hit with a penalty. The penalty is small but if you don't pay it, don't worry; nothing is going to happen to you.

You are actually DAFT enough to think Obama and the Dems passed this law, only to have no enforcement whatsoever for non-compliance. How bereft of sense can you possibly be?

there will be enforceme of some kind but it can never be enforcement that will put you in jail, put a lien against your property or garnish your  wages

The IRS will be in charge of collecting the penalty and as I speculated last night, the first avenue will probalby be to net the penalty against overpayment of taxes (i.e. your tax refund)

Again - they have no means by which to put you in jail which was what you were pissing your pants about for the last two pages

Since the Federal law was modeled on the Romney plan they will probably collect the penalty in a similar way

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2012, 11:06:31 AM »

You're making arguments for things that do not exist.   ;)

Abandon every hope...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2012, 11:22:52 AM »

In his head they do.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2012, 11:26:50 AM »

Until March 2010, a federal law mandating purchase of health insurance didn't exist.