Author Topic: The almighty SQUAD rules Getbig!  (Read 666220 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
What a surprise that Gimpyol moved this thread. The 'man' has no personality.
P

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
Re: Which will you be part of?
« Reply #7976 on: October 18, 2006, 01:39:01 AM »
Hahaha yes, you certainly are scraping the bottom of the barrel when you visit the sewer of Getbig.

I like to dabble in it once in a while  ;D
It hasn't helped...

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Re: ipods
« Reply #7977 on: October 18, 2006, 02:25:32 AM »
adapt and find ways to use the ipod.

there is nothing more annoying than when you're about to lift off a set, and a stupid slow jam comes!!!!  some gyms should ban slow songs!!!

Funny you mention bad songs coming on, I just had to turn of "it's raining men" cause it came on the radio at work. One good thing about working at a gym though is you can (almost) always get the music changed. But the slow songs are the worst, it's like any sec someone will start crying in the middle of a set. ;D
I

davidpaul

• Getbig V
Re: Are you, or have you been a member of any street gangs?
« Reply #7978 on: October 18, 2006, 02:52:30 AM »
I love how people think that they have some choice to be in a gang... hahahahah what some of you people dont realize that in some neighborhoods you dont even have a choice, its either your ride wit them or you die...its not about feeling accepted, its about SURVIVAL..... they wouldnt be in gangs if niggaz had good jobs.

it's good to know there are some real ballers around, you should come join our crew at the AC2007.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7979 on: October 18, 2006, 04:28:10 AM »
Funny you mention bad songs coming on, I just had to turn of "it's raining men" cause it came on the radio at work. One good thing about working at a gym though is you can (almost) always get the music changed. But the slow songs are the worst, it's like any sec someone will start crying in the middle of a set. ;D

i dont think anything can be worse than that techno shit...i really dont get it...it is the most annoying, offensive garbage that ive ever heard ...it should be banned everywhere and anyone who makes that junk or listens to it should be shot.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7980 on: October 18, 2006, 05:02:35 AM »
when lifting with my nano, I put the wire behind my back instead of letting it hang in the front.
Stick the ipod in my pocket.

Sandra

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #7981 on: October 18, 2006, 05:52:58 AM »
retard...i come pfrom a place that makes your neighborhood feel like a safe place...so don't start that shitty lame ass excuse...however if u would have self esteem...u would find a better place to live...u always can say no ..u know? ;)
if you had better self esteem you would find a better place to live ?? Yeah Im sure these gang banger have all the oppurtunities at ages 11-15 to find a good job and a better place to live esp when thier dad has disappeared and their mom is on crack..hahahah you live in a box
L

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #7982 on: October 18, 2006, 06:03:02 AM »
i know what environment can do to one but u are mature now...u guys still joke about the subject like it's funny?...u wanna know the reality of it?...it ain't pretty and it ain't fun...i'll tell u that much.GET INVOLVED AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE ! DON'T CONTRIBUTE!...my 2 cents

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #7983 on: October 18, 2006, 06:06:33 AM »
Im not talking about my self, I never claimed any set....Im talking about the REAL gangbangers in ghettos who dont have choices.. I would get involved and make a diffrence but Im too poor to do anything and the "machine's" gears are to strong to stop...
L

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #7984 on: October 18, 2006, 06:12:55 AM »
sorry..it's for whoever said it was in the crips...

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #7985 on: October 18, 2006, 06:14:45 AM »
I just got an ipod nano.  I took it to the gym and found it too distracting.   The wire/player got in the way of barbells and the music distracted me between sets.    So I just use it at work now.

discuss!

It took me a while to get use to it, I tended to take it out when I went real heavy as the music also distracted me. I don't use it in the gym now, as I have a work out partner. Once I got use to it, a few song did help to get me hyped so to speak.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #7986 on: October 18, 2006, 06:21:32 AM »
i run my headphones down through my shirt and put the player in my pocket...i've never had any problems what so ever.

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #7987 on: October 18, 2006, 06:21:47 AM »
when lifting with my nano, I put the wire behind my back instead of letting it hang in the front.
Stick the ipod in my pocket.

Sandra

;)
Giving 110%

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #7988 on: October 18, 2006, 06:23:08 AM »
Most people at my gym have them strapped to their arms.
I

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7989 on: October 18, 2006, 06:28:46 AM »
i dont think anything can be worse than that techno shit...i really dont get it...it is the most annoying, offensive garbage that ive ever heard ...it should be banned everywhere and anyone who makes that junk or listens to it should be shot.

yeah if its 90's music then its techno..

but i dont know if they play any of that anymore. theres better equivalents of it out, if you like that shit and its much harder :) which is what we like.. hard music :)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #7990 on: October 18, 2006, 06:42:04 AM »
i put the player in my pocket and it was getting hit by the barbell though.   
put the wire up your ass..it won't come in the way of anything..believe me it works..lol.ask alex about this..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Chris Glass

• Getbig II
  • Wow!! That's exciting!
« Reply #7991 on: October 18, 2006, 06:45:18 AM »
The solution could be as simple as clipping your device to your weight belt, if using one, or wearing a waist pouch like in the 90's.  People will really think you're hardcore.)  Another option are the Oakley 'Thumps', wireless mp3 shades w/ flip up lenses.  Check 'em out @ www.oakley.com  and click on wearable electronics.  They've gotten mixed reviews, but I've tried 'em and love 'em.  I'd never want to strap my pod to my arm for a million reasons.  Try the other options first.
Truly,
Chris Glass

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #7992 on: October 18, 2006, 06:49:25 AM »
Ipods are way overrated and overpriced. And being tied down to iTunes is a joke.

True dude, Its gonna be like one of those things you see a pic of yourself years from now and say why did I walk around with that dumb ipod everywhere, what was I thinking. It is such the jump on the bandwagon mainstream icon these days. Whats worse is seeing someone with an ipod and talking on a cell while walking down the street... we have so many insecure tools in this city

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #7993 on: October 18, 2006, 06:53:41 AM »
I have no prob with ppl using Ipods in the gym, but I don't use one myself.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #7994 on: October 18, 2006, 07:08:39 AM »
put the wire through ur shirt.

Bast doesn't wear a shirt when he trains. He's diesel.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #7995 on: October 18, 2006, 07:15:29 AM »
 An MP3 player is invaluable at the gym. Killer music at all times and I don't have to talk to motherfvckers anymore. Back in the Walkman days I only used it for cardio because it was too bulky, but with this little bitch i use it constantly. No more listening to the retarded club slut/counter girl's shitty dance music.

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #7996 on: October 18, 2006, 08:04:55 AM »
I just got an ipod nano.  I took it to the gym and found it too distracting.   The wire/player got in the way of barbells and the music distracted me between sets.    So I just use it at work now.

discuss!

body88

« Reply #7997 on: October 18, 2006, 09:03:15 AM »

I like house music. I worked in clubs as a gm for years. I also dj as a hobby. not all house music is junk. Some is. But not all my friend!

I am sure you guys will rip me up but i like dj's like Narcotic thrust, Benny Bennassi,Black fras, Tiesto ,Boris and Van Helden. I like all kinds of music really. I cannot stand main strem "rap" or country. I like hip hop(real hip hop like common and the roots),rock,alternative,older jams, jazz and house music. Trance is good to zone out to also.

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7998 on: October 18, 2006, 09:09:42 AM »
I like house music. I worked in clubs as a gm for years. I also dj as a hobby. not all house music is junk. Some is. But not all my friend!

I am sure you guys will rip me up but i like dj's like Narcotic thrust, Benny Bennassi,Black fras, Tiesto ,Boris and Van Helden. I like all kinds of music really. I cannot stand main strem "rap" or country. I like hip hop(real hip hop like common and the roots),rock,alternative,older jams, jazz and house music. Trance is good to zone out to also.
[/quote]

How much E do you take while you training and how do you hold your glow sticks?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #7999 on: October 18, 2006, 11:44:19 AM »

Oh yes, don't get me wrong dude. There is some excellent dance music out there. the really dense, orchestral shit you don't hear on the radio. I love that stuff to zone too as well. I really don't discriminate against any type of music, except that I think the current state of rap is vile shit. Other than that If it's good I'll listen.