Author Topic: Experts: Please critique my cutting diet - first time dieting  (Read 8080 times)

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
Princess L gave me permission to cross post this from the Nutrition board.

Please give your input into my diet, I'd really appreciate it. Please move to another board if not appropriate here but I didn't see anything else.

Picture for your benefit to judge:
Posted this picture on gossip board and got flamed a while back. Here I am about 250 and holding lots of water, I'm down to about 240 as of late and looking better and hardly look smaller.

I think it's starting to work already especially considering I'm using drugs with it.
I'm 6'5" and 240lbs and maybe 13-15% bodyfat. I am quite bloated while on my cycle : 350mg/wk prop, 350mg/wk tren ace, 400mg mast and 10iu novo's 5on 2off. The bloat has a lot to do with a very dirty diet of fast food/some cooking but lots of carbs and eating pizza 2-3x a week.
I only incorporated masteron for the first time a few weeks ago and already feel like I am less bloated.
My goal is to clean up my diet, make it healthier and drop to 10% bodyfat or less in the next 5 weeks so I asked a competitor friend for a sample diet to shed a bit and this is what he gave me. P.S. I only started this on Monday but already notice I'm slightly less bloated (definitely got to do with the drop of sodium/salt in my diet). This is my first ever dieting but I also don't want to lose too much size. 10lbs at the most if possible.

Meal 1                             
-11 egg whites and 1 whole egg
-half cup cooked oats ( 60 grams dry oats then add water)
-8 oz low fat milk

OR 2 scoops whey instead of eggs

note: I can't eat that many egg whites so I'm ordering liquid egg whites online. For now I'm only using the whey instead.

Meal 2                           
-2 scoops whey in low fat milk
-2 slices of wheat bread or
3/4 cup oats  ( approx 40 grams of carbs)

note: having the wheat bread instead of the oats again

Meal3
-7 oz cooked lean red meat or chicken breast or turkey breast along with 40 grams of carbs from
rice
OR
baked potato. approx 4 oz cooked white rice or a 6 oz baked potato

Meal 4                       
-2 scoops whey in water( shake) not in milk
-1 medium sized appled or medium banana

Meal 5 pre workout meal:   
-7-8oz lean chicken breast and 5 oz cooked
rice( white rice is fine)

Training and meal 6   
-after training have 1 scoop whey, 1 teaspoon
glutamine and 1 serving creatine this is to hold you over till your
post workout meal
              try to have the post workout meal within about 40 min of
training/cardio

note: I'm not going to take extra creatine or glutamine...I'm juicing of course

Meal 7 
-8 oz cooked lean beef or lean steak and 5 oz cooked rice and 2
cups mixed green veggies( veggies optional)... only if your super
hungry

"also... any of the other meals we can add in some green veggies as
filler food... brocoli, green beans, or asparagus is fine... but not
mandetory.. just to keep you fuller if you super hungry.."

Not sure of the BREAKDOWN, but it's around 400g carbs and 4500-5000cals he said.

Water:  keep intake as high as possible

My buddy who used this dropped to about 215 at 6'3", he did a lot of CARDIO (also said he did it naturally) and he was very lean but I want to stay about 230. With the drugs it might be possible to even stay at 240 or put on weight if this diet is manipulated?
What do you guys reckon?
Thanks.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
Re: Experts: Please critique my cutting diet - first time dieting
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 03:37:24 PM »
Good build for such a tall guy. Good base. The diet you listed looks good you should be in good shape if you follow that. I was in a similar position as you. I use to run test and dbol all of the time. I built up some good mass but the bloat got to be to much. My bf got pretty high to. Masteron is an awesome drug for controlling bloat. It has been a great cutting drug for me. I don't use tren so I use a high dose of mast instead.

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 03:40:57 PM »
Good build for such a tall guy. Good base. The diet you listed looks good you should be in good shape if you follow that. I was in a similar position as you. I use to run test and dbol all of the time. I built up some good mass but the bloat got to be to much. My bf got pretty high to. Masteron is an awesome drug for controlling bloat. It has been a great cutting drug for me. I don't use tren so I use a high dose of mast instead.

I thought it was the tren that had my BP much higher but it was my shitty diet it seems. I'm feeling good without taking any low-dose BP med at all now. But still, I find the tren strong stuff.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 04:27:51 PM »
I know you mentioned being afraid of losing muscle going under 5000 cals but apparently these guys were having good results eating like birds. Probably not the best way but since you only have a short time left on gear...

I'm sure your answer lies somewhere in the middle though.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »
Do what works for you, but that is a ton of calories for a cut.

Even when i was 250 i would start at 2500 calories and work my way down, but that was full blown contest dieting.

What matters most are your results. Keep us posted.

Diet threads are always welcome here bro.

8)

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 10:57:48 PM »
Do what works for you, but that is a ton of calories for a cut.

Even when i was 250 i would start at 2500 calories and work my way down, but that was full blown contest dieting.

What matters most are your results. Keep us posted.

Diet threads are always welcome here bro.

8)
Cool.
OK, I don't think I should be too worried about the cals going by what you're saying so. The water/fat should start to fall off especially seeing as I'm on a decent bit of gear/HGH. I'll just keep an eye on the mirror is what I'm thinking.

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 11:10:29 PM »
Since you mentioned you only have four weeks left before you go clean......

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=420960.msg6054927#msg6054927

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=419978.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=422299.0

Jeez, that post by Buselmo really has me thinking...is it possible to stay around 220-230 with just 2000-2500 cals? Possibly 'cos of the drugs...really interesting.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 11:20:49 PM »
Jeez, that post by Buselmo really has me thinking...is it possible to stay around 220-230 with just 2000-2500 cals? Possibly 'cos of the drugs...really interesting.

Oh man... Don't buy into that crap!
?

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 12:09:23 AM »
Get correct macros, start with 500cals deficit and drop around 250cals (try to get most of it from fat and carbs) every time you stuck or every week - 2wks.

you don't have to do cardio
you don't have to eat clean as long as you meet your macros, but than it makes it harder and you will get hungrier in my experience.
you don't have to go on anorexic chick diet, yes you will most likely feel overall better, have more time and spend way less on food, in addition i doubt you will lose much muscle on the drugs you are on, but i also doubt you will be able to stick with it for long.

as far as your correct diet, given your stats and the drugs you are using, i would go higher on carbs slightly lower on fats basically make myself a comfortable diet i could stick with and progressively lower the cals each week.

btw why don't you add some t3?

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 01:32:25 AM »
Get correct macros, start with 500cals deficit and drop around 250cals (try to get most of it from fat and carbs) every time you stuck or every week - 2wks.

you don't have to eat clean as long as you meet your macros, but than it makes it harder and you will get hungrier in my experience.
you don't have to go on anorexic chick diet, yes you will most likely feel overall better, have more time and spend way less on food, in addition i doubt you will lose much muscle on the drugs you are on, but i also doubt you will be able to stick with it for long.

as far as your correct diet, given your stats and the drugs you are using, i would go higher on carbs slightly lower on fats basically make myself a comfortable diet i could stick with and progressively lower the cals each week.

With regards the carbs, I don't think I should go up. I'm thinking about going down. I have bad facial bloat but it has already gone down this week since I dropped all the salty foods and drinking 5-6 litres water a day.
Think I am going to drop the prop from 350 to 200mg/wk and see if that helps. It could also be the novo's adding to my water retention but I don't want to go off the HGH.

Thanks for the input. The t3 is something to consider, I thought about introducing it when I upped my HGH dose but I never did. Worth doing it for increasing rate of fat loss?

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 05:10:31 AM »

He's someone with a lot of experience and takes the time to explain why he believes in the things he says which comes from that experience itself. He's not one of these guys that just comes to criticize without providing any worthwhile information. But like overload says do what works for you!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 08:03:18 AM »
T3/T4 is always great when trying to lean out.

I prefer to use 75mcg of T3. It will definitely help with fatloss.

8)

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 09:12:39 AM »
With regards the carbs, I don't think I should go up. I'm thinking about going down. I have bad facial bloat but it has already gone down this week since I dropped all the salty foods and drinking 5-6 litres water a day.
Think I am going to drop the prop from 350 to 200mg/wk and see if that helps. It could also be the novo's adding to my water retention but I don't want to go off the HGH.

Thanks for the input. The t3 is something to consider, I thought about introducing it when I upped my HGH dose but I never did. Worth doing it for increasing rate of fat loss?

Since you mentioned that you never dieted b4 i figured out it will be easier to you to stick with higher cal diet, if you have no problem to stick with even lower than what you are consuming now than that's great, but don't expect changes over night either way it's gonna take some time so just stick with what you are more comfortable with.

About the test, i would drop it to around 150mg or even drop it all but its up to you, and the way you feel with lower test.

and about the t3 well you got your answer :)

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 12:29:57 PM »
Since you mentioned that you never dieted b4 i figured out it will be easier to you to stick with higher cal diet, if you have no problem to stick with even lower than what you are consuming now than that's great, but don't expect changes over night either way it's gonna take some time so just stick with what you are more comfortable with.

About the test, i would drop it to around 150mg or even drop it all but its up to you, and the way you feel with lower test.

and about the t3 well you got your answer :)

I'll probably have a cheat meal this weekend for sure, I'm hungry all the time.
That's it exactly, I'm gonna pin the test every 2nd day now so it will drop to 150mg a week, will help with the bloat.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 03:23:20 PM »
man, on enough steroids, you arent going to lose muscle on diets

Steroids do amazing things.

You can nearly starve yourself and not have any issues. Most people think they are losing muscle when in reality they are just losing fat and water. Most people carry way more fat than they realize.

Irish is a lot leaner than he thinks and will get under 10% very easily.

8)

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 03:00:14 AM »
the water and fat and bloat wont go away if you eat too much bc youre afraid to loose mass.

its not mass thatd be lost anyway.

man, on enough steroids, you arent going to lose muscle on diets, as long you train hard and eat enough protein.

not rocket science, fastest way is cut all carbs and almost all fats out and only eat protein.

youre looking good there btw, thats never 15% thats lower than 13 already.

I know, I should just drop the carbs more and see what happens in the mirror, I guess?
I put my picture up before in gossip board and I got fucking flamed peolpe saying I was 15% or more and a few defended me. I'm defo lower bf than that picture now, I'd say I am around 13% or less myself right now. 8-10% would be fine for me, ain't going on-stage anytime soon, no intentions of it ever!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 10:50:27 AM »

dont agree with you there bud,,,, you have to really starve your self to get lean if you dont go the cardio route

as to your bloating, the 10iu novos will be adding to this too, when you get leaner and you drop the gh for a week or two youl be surprised

when i get round to it im going to post a drug/training/diet thread of what i did this summer, went from 18.7st to  17ish, got in really good shape

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 12:54:28 AM »
dont agree with you there bud,,,, you have to really starve your self to get lean if you dont go the cardio route

as to your bloating, the 10iu novos will be adding to this too, when you get leaner and you drop the gh for a week or two youl be surprised

when i get round to it im going to post a drug/training/diet thread of what i did this summer, went from 18.7st to  17ish, got in really good shape

I was thinking the novo's are also a factor. I dropped the test dose to 50mg prop 3x a week (150mg total) and I think that's helping already in the last few days. Definitely 10iu's of novotropin (which is apparently known to hold more water than other GH's out there) is going to make me hold some water. But I don't wanna drop HGH yet, I'm gonna come off it for 2 weeks at the end of the month just for the hell of it.

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 05:58:39 AM »
thats smart, keep test kinda low for dieting.

hows the progress , man?

Thanks for asking.
Last week I ate clean Monday to Friday but I ate a bit of pizza at the weekend and some fries but nothing as much as I usually pig out on. I'm eating clean this week and drinking loads of water and my face looks better already. My main goal is to get a lean face and see a few more abs. I ain't gonna be dropping much weight if I can but it's going well and I feel much better. Drinking 3-4 mugs of green tea a day too instead of coffee and I feel more relaxed/BP is lowered also.

kevinf

• Getbig III

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 05:35:18 PM »
Try eating like this Dave,just adjust macros to fit your goals....as far as your diet goes,too many shakes,drop the beef,too calorie dense,add it back in once you drop bodyfat,also drop milk and dairy products and lower your carb intake.

Drink as much water as you can stand to drink,then drink some more!!

Drink water with every meal.

Meal # 1:
10 eggwhites,2 whole eggs (scrambled in non-fat cooking spray)
1/2 cup oats ( no milk,use artificial sweetener)
12 oz. water

Meal # 2 :
1 can water packed tuna (plain)
lg. green salad (with fat-free dressing......... should only contain 3 gms. of sugar or less)
12 oz. water

Meal # 3 :
6-7 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
1 baked potato (use "I Can`t Believe It`s Not Butter" spray)
1-2 cups green beans
12 oz. water

Meal # 4 :
1 cup brown rice
1 cup green veggies
water

Meal # 5 :(Pre-Workout)
1 scoop whey in H2O

Meal # 6 :(Post-Workout)
1 scoop whey in H2O
1/2 cup plain oats (no milk,just artificial sweetener)

Meals 5 + 6 should be placed pre and post workout respectively,regardless of the time of day that you train

You can mix and match these meals and substitute fish for chicken,or eat more eggwhites,etc. etc.,but calorie dense foods should be avoided until you get leaner.

Do 30 - 45 minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week after training and on off days (use an inclined treadmill.............si mply walk at a good pace varying the speed and the level of incline throughout)

Cycle carbs by doing three low carb days in a row,followed by two slightly higher carb days,then repeat regardless of bodypart being trained that day.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 05:48:25 PM »

golden threads right there! thanks for sharing that!  ;D

not a problem   :)

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 02:24:36 AM »
Try eating like this Dave,just adjust macros to fit your goals....as far as your diet goes,too many shakes,drop the beef,too calorie dense,add it back in once you drop bodyfat,also drop milk and dairy products and lower your carb intake.

Drink as much water as you can stand to drink,then drink some more!!

Drink water with every meal.

Meal # 1:
10 eggwhites,2 whole eggs (scrambled in non-fat cooking spray)
1/2 cup oats ( no milk,use artificial sweetener)
12 oz. water

Meal # 2 :
1 can water packed tuna (plain)
lg. green salad (with fat-free dressing......... should only contain 3 gms. of sugar or less)
12 oz. water

Meal # 3 :
1 baked potato (use "I Can`t Believe It`s Not Butter" spray)
1-2 cups green beans
12 oz. water

Meal # 4 :
1 cup brown rice
1 cup green veggies
water

Meal # 5 :(Pre-Workout)
1 scoop whey in H2O

Meal # 6 :(Post-Workout)
1 scoop whey in H2O
1/2 cup plain oats (no milk,just artificial sweetener)

Meals 5 + 6 should be placed pre and post workout respectively,regardless of the time of day that you train

You can mix and match these meals and substitute fish for chicken,or eat more eggwhites,etc. etc.,but calorie dense foods should be avoided until you get leaner.

Do 30 - 45 minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week after training and on off days (use an inclined treadmill.............si mply walk at a good pace varying the speed and the level of incline throughout)

Cycle carbs by doing three low carb days in a row,followed by two slightly higher carb days,then repeat regardless of bodypart being trained that day.

I am going to drop the carbs alright. Will I not fade away on a diet like that though? Fuck it, if I feel I'm losing too much weight can't I just up the calories by eating more protein?

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 02:36:03 AM »
yeah up the protein a bit when you do away with the carbs.

wont fade away dont worry, its just initial water loss when taking away carbs that first huge weight loss(couple lbs), the reverse of when carbing up and gaining weigtht out of nowhere.

OK thx for the advice buddy