Author Topic: Am i the only one that sees the lunacy in this?  (Read 2778 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Am i the only one that sees the lunacy in this?
« on: June 29, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »
I don't think i am, but for those who support the SC recent decision on Obamacare how can you not see the inherent problem in a law being passed to force people under penalty to purchase services from private corporations?

You don't see the scam in this?

Talking to people in person I am just aghast over it to hear them drone on and on about how happy they are this passed. 

WTF? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Am i the only one that sees the lunacy in this?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 09:57:39 AM »
I don't think i am, but for those who support the SC recent decision on Obamacare how can you not see the inherent problem in a law being passed to force people under penalty to purchase services from private corporations?

Talking to people in person I am just aghast over it to hear them drone on and on about how happy they are this passed. 

WTF? 

Public school system and MSM has conditioned most people into pure stupidity and obedience. 

Just at those on this board cheering this on. 

They are slaves and lemmings. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 09:58:25 AM »

WTF? 

Apple lobbies obama and the congress to force people to buy an ipad as part of an "education law" or face a tax penalty - legal

Ruger lobbies Romney to force Americans to buy firearms under 'anti-Crime" law or face a tax - legal

Chevy wants to recoup its losses from the bailout by forcing us to buy a volt or face a tax - legal 

Solyndra lobbies obama to force americans to buy its solar panels under new "Environmental Law" or face a tax - legal 

NYSC lobbies Romney to force people to buy gym memberships under new "Anti-Obesity" law or face a tax - legal

Monsanto lobbies Obama to force american to buy tomatos, salads, etc under new "Safe Food" law or face a tax - legal

Trek lobbies the congress and president to force people to by a mountain bike as part of "anti-obesity" law or face a tax - legal

Valvoline lobbies president and congress to mandate proof of oil changes in your car every 4,000 miles as part of "transportation law" or face a tax - legal

American Standard lobbies president and congress to by new toilet bowl w new tech as part of "safe water" act or face a tax - legal 

DO YOU PEOPLE GET IT YET? 

I WANT JUST ONE OBAMA DRONE TO REFUTE ME ON THIS ON THE MERITS. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 09:59:06 AM »
I see it.  Lunacy is right.  But Roberts was right in a sense:  elections have consequences.  We need to fix this in November.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 10:00:42 AM »
I see it.  Lunacy is right.  But Roberts was right in a sense:  elections have consequences.  We need to fix this in November.  

No he was not right.   He is full of shit and abdicating his role as a third branch of government that is supposed to be a check on the other two and to not allow unconstitutional laws to pass muster.

Roberts is passing the buck on this and he is a traitor.  Fuck him and "W"

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 10:01:04 AM »
I am not too worried about those things to be honest, because most of that is fantasy fear spin.

This is what i am concerned about:  collusion between insurance companies that result in high prices.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 10:02:30 AM »

i wasn't going to vote for OB (never intended to) or Romeny in November......  but that may change now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 10:03:23 AM »
I am not too worried about those things to be honest, because most of that is fantasy fear spin.

This is what i am concerned about:  collusion between insurance companies that result in high prices.

Really?   10 years ago would you have ever dreamed or imagined a law like ObamaCare passing? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »
Really?   10 years ago would you have ever dreamed or imagined a law like ObamaCare passing? 

Not at all.  We have been duped.

Unfortunately i think OB will get reelected. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 10:23:13 AM »
i wasn't going to vote for OB (never intended to) or Romeny in November......  but that may change now.

That's what I was saying yesterday.  The ruling will help drive people to the polls to vote for Romney.

You can't sit this one out.  We have too much at stake.  Remember Obama telling Russia he'll have more flexibility after the election?  He could do a lot of damage as a lame duck. 

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 10:38:33 AM »

Apple lobbies obama and the congress to force people to buy an ipad as part of an "education law" or face a tax penalty - legal

Ruger lobbies Romney to force Americans to buy firearms under 'anti-Crime" law or face a tax - legal

Chevy wants to recoup its losses from the bailout by forcing us to buy a volt or face a tax - legal 

Solyndra lobbies obama to force americans to buy its solar panels under new "Environmental Law" or face a tax - legal 

NYSC lobbies Romney to force people to buy gym memberships under new "Anti-Obesity" law or face a tax - legal

Monsanto lobbies Obama to force american to buy tomatos, salads, etc under new "Safe Food" law or face a tax - legal

Trek lobbies the congress and president to force people to by a mountain bike as part of "anti-obesity" law or face a tax - legal

Valvoline lobbies president and congress to mandate proof of oil changes in your car every 4,000 miles as part of "transportation law" or face a tax - legal

American Standard lobbies president and congress to by new toilet bowl w new tech as part of "safe water" act or face a tax - legal 

DO YOU PEOPLE GET IT YET? 

I WANT JUST ONE OBAMA DRONE TO REFUTE ME ON THIS ON THE MERITS. 

Is there anything in place to stop (more) things like this from happening? 

Did the SC even think about the precedent they have set w/this?

R

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 10:41:43 AM »
That's what I was saying yesterday.  The ruling will help drive people to the polls to vote for Romney.

Glen beck said this morning that we can't be so sure about this.  Months away, this whole "voters are fired up over obamacare" may not be a big factor by then.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 10:57:23 AM »
Public school system and MSM has conditioned most people into pure stupidity and obedience. 

Just at those on this board cheering this on. 

They are slaves and lemmings. 

Wrong. A badly underfunded public school system has enabled a stupid American generation to take root and care more about Britney's new dress than what is actually happening.

I'm reminded of the saying "wouldn't it be nice if the schools got all the funding they require and the military had to hold a bake sale for their new weapons?"

Damn straight it would be.
Abandon every hope...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 11:42:27 AM »
Wrong. A badly underfunded public school system has enabled a stupid American generation to take root and care more about Britney's new dress than what is actually happening.

I'm reminded of the saying "wouldn't it be nice if the schools got all the funding they require and the military had to hold a bake sale for their new weapons?"

Damn straight it would be.

Public schools are hardly underfunded; the money is badly mismanaged. DC spends over $15,000 per child. Yet they have among the worst educational systems in the country.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 11:46:20 AM »
Public schools are hardly underfunded; the money is badly mismanaged. DC spends over $15,000 per child. Yet they have among the worst educational systems in the country.

Correct.  We spend over a billion in Hawaii.  Largest part of our state budget.  And the public school system still sucks. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »
Correct.  We spend over a billion in Hawaii.  Largest part of our state budget.  And the public school system still sucks. 

Its a bloated bureaucracy. 

Ideally, no more than 20 kids per class, arts requirements and vocational education courses in high school.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 12:03:03 PM »

Ideally, no more than 20 kids per class, arts requirements and vocational education courses in high school.

Yep.  Completely mismanaged too. 

I agree about the class size and curriculum. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 12:03:29 PM »
Correct.  We spend over a billion in Hawaii.  Largest part of our state budget.  And the public school system still sucks.  

not flaming, but isn't your state pretty much tourism-based?

Florida's school system sucks too, because our state is about 1) tourism and 2) construction.

You guys don't have construction like that.

I think any state where more ppl work in low-level service is going to have a shitty school system.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 12:04:40 PM »

do you disagree with the need for arts and music as requirements?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 12:17:10 PM »

not flaming, but isn't your state pretty much tourism-based?

Florida's school system sucks too, because our state is about 1) tourism and 2) construction.

You guys don't have construction like that.

I think any state where more ppl work in low-level service is going to have a shitty school system.

Yes tourism is a substantial part of our ecocomy.  Has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of our public education system. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 12:32:18 PM »
Yes tourism is a substantial part of our ecocomy.  Has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of our public education system. 

I disagree.  I think over time, over generations, the schools rise or fall to meet the demand of the society which they are feeding students.

if you have silicon valley or the NYSE located in hawaii, something tells me your school system is going to find a way to improve.

however, since the population is going to be earning less money working as bellhops and lifeguards and AVIS counter clerks, as opposed to database administrators and hedge fund managers, the schools don't need to be good.

You have poorer parents, smaller tax base, shittier school and stupider kids as a result.  Nothing wrong with it, it's reality.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 12:55:31 PM »
I disagree.  I think over time, over generations, the schools rise or fall to meet the demand of the society which they are feeding students.

if you have silicon valley or the NYSE located in hawaii, something tells me your school system is going to find a way to improve.

however, since the population is going to be earning less money working as bellhops and lifeguards and AVIS counter clerks, as opposed to database administrators and hedge fund managers, the schools don't need to be good.

You have poorer parents, smaller tax base, shittier school and stupider kids as a result.  Nothing wrong with it, it's reality.

That's not reality.  And if you knew anything about economics, demographics, state budgets, unions, and partisan politics, and life in general, you wouldn't be so naive. 

How the heck do you know our system sucks because the kids' parents work in low level service jobs?  Kids who go to private school in Hawaii perform much better than public school kids, and it doesn't matter what kind of jobs the parents do.  So there goes that theory.  Your position is so incredibly absurd I can't believe I'm even responding to this. 

Our system sucks because our government bureaucracy has mismanaged the enormous amount of resources allocated to public education, failed to hold teachers accountable for poor performance, failed to demand higher standards for students, and failed to properly invest money in infrastructure and curriculum.

My kids have been in private school for years and I've been volunteering in the public school system for years.  I know how smart those kids are.  Performance doesn’t have squat to do with friggin tourism.   I'm really struggling not to call you a stone cold idiot.   :-\

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 01:07:38 PM »

Underfunded.

We spend trillions on military. The military has got us where recently? Oh right no where. We were attacked on our own soil, and now losing two wars in foreign lands that most retarded products of the poorly run and funded education system can not pronounce or find on a map.

Cut the military. The biggest cuts need to come from their endless supply of weapons that have yet to make us safer. Or do you truly believe the whole world wants to kill us? Bush is gone dude, that era is over.  ;D
Abandon every hope...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »
Underfunded.

We spend trillions on military. The military has got us where recently? Oh right no where. We were attacked on our own soil, and now losing two wars in foreign lands that most retarded products of the poorly run and funded education system can not pronounce or find on a map.

Cut the military. The biggest cuts need to come from their endless supply of weapons that have yet to make us safer. Or do you truly believe the whole world wants to kill us? Bush is gone dude, that era is over.  ;D

Public school education is funded primarily by state and local governments.  The system already gets billions.  It's the largest budget item in our state, and probably many others.  The amount of money isn't the problem.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »
do you disagree with the need for arts and music as requirements?

Art, drama, music, etc.  should be required up to the 10th grade.