Author Topic: Am i the only one that sees the lunacy in this?  (Read 2770 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Am i the only one that sees the lunacy in this?
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 01:38:55 PM »
Our system sucks because our government bureaucracy has mismanaged the enormous amount of resources allocated to public education, failed to hold teachers accountable for poor performance, failed to demand higher standards for students, and failed to properly invest money in infrastructure and curriculum.

if your state NEEDED smart labor pool, these factors would change.  Your state needs lifeguards and hula dancers, so your school system, like all, does just as good as it needs to, in order to provide labor force.

You really don't WANT hawaiian kids being that stellar tho, or they'll all move to the states and get better jobs.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 01:52:07 PM »
if your state NEEDED smart labor pool, these factors would change.  Your state needs lifeguards and hula dancers, so your school system, like all, does just as good as it needs to, in order to provide labor force.

You really don't WANT hawaiian kids being that stellar tho, or they'll all move to the states and get better jobs.

Seriously?  How many lifeguards and hula dancers does my state employ?  lol . . .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 01:53:47 PM »
Seriously?  How many lifeguards and hula dancers does my state employ?  lol . . .

Divide your population by 2.   That many.

(the point is that more of hawaii employees aren't in 40 story office buildings managing firms.  They're in 1-2 story building serving tourists.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 01:59:08 PM »
Let's get back to the subject at hand - can anyone defend this on the merits?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 02:04:07 PM »
Divide your population by 2.   That many.

(the point is that more of hawaii employees aren't in 40 story office buildings managing firms.  They're in 1-2 story building serving tourists.

Our population is 1.3 million.  So we have 650,000 lifeguards and hula dancers?  Got it. 

Now, regarding the office buildings, how many of those are devoted to serving tourists, lifeguards, and hula dancers?   

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 03:00:01 PM »
Our population is 1.3 million.  So we have 650,000 lifeguards and hula dancers?  Got it. 

Now, regarding the office buildings, how many of those are devoted to serving tourists, lifeguards, and hula dancers?   

Yeah, Hickman, Pearl and Wheeler are 2 of the biggest tourist meccas in the islands.  No to mention, all military personal stationed in Hawaii have to have a Hospitality degree. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 03:17:26 PM »
Yeah, Hickman, Pearl and Wheeler are 2 of the biggest tourist meccas in the islands.  No to mention, all military personal stationed in Hawaii have to have a Hospitality degree. 

Yep.  Same with all the hospitals, insurance companies, construction companies, manufacturers, government employees.  I think they're all required to learn hula. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 04:50:32 PM »
Underfunded.

We spend trillions on military. The military has got us where recently? Oh right no where. We were attacked on our own soil, and now losing two wars in foreign lands that most retarded products of the poorly run and funded education system can not pronounce or find on a map.

Cut the military. The biggest cuts need to come from their endless supply of weapons that have yet to make us safer. Or do you truly believe the whole world wants to kill us? Bush is gone dude, that era is over.  ;D
LOL just b/c we spend more on other things doesnt mean education is underfunded.

what kind of logic is that?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 04:54:39 PM »
I don't think i am, but for those who support the SC recent decision on Obamacare how can you not see the inherent problem in a law being passed to force people under penalty to purchase services from private corporations?

You don't see the scam in this?

Talking to people in person I am just aghast over it to hear them drone on and on about how happy they are this passed. 

WTF? 
Oz since none of the supporters have come to answer allow me to answer for them from what ive gleaned in other threads.

The ends justify the means, as long as they can pass this health care bill and say that everyone will be covered they dont care about the consequences from the supreme court decision, tax hikes for middle americans, sky rocketing insurance costs etc.

its a very very short sighted view point but it is the one that is being expressed.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 05:16:04 PM »
Underfunded.

We spend trillions on military. The military has got us where recently? Oh right no where. We were attacked on our own soil, and now losing two wars in foreign lands that most retarded products of the poorly run and funded education system can not pronounce or find on a map.

Cut the military. The biggest cuts need to come from their endless supply of weapons that have yet to make us safer. Or do you truly believe the whole world wants to kill us? Bush is gone dude, that era is over.  ;D

Underfunded? Maybe it has to do with the fact that any "funding" that goes to the schools usually ends up going right into the teacher's pockets thanks to the ridiculous pension and benefit schemes the unions have managed to foist upon the taxpayer. The children come second in the world of leftists.

http://mat.usc.edu/u-s-education-versus-the-world-infographic/

Feel free to shut the fuck up now, retard.