Author Topic: Guess what morons - State, property, and local taxes going up due to ObamaCare  (Read 2915 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
calling ppl morons is the best way to get their minds open to your point of view.

much like raping a woman at knifepoint is how you get her to fall in love with you.

At this point it's fruitless trying to reason w anyone still supporting this insanity.  If they have not figured it out by now, they never will and deserve to be mocked and ridiculed daily. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
This will all be moot soon as 83% of doctors are going to quit anyway and do something else.

i gotta hand it to you 240, you might just be a big contrarion but you get more abuse than anyone on here and you rarely react lol.

Here's the fucked part:

How can prices go down when the industry now has laws saying people have to purchase your services.
This is true... I would have much rather have everyone allowed into Medicare... That was the right call.

Can I ask this question... I have read a lot, and a lot of things I read say that the Insurance part was actually a Republican idea so the insurance companies didn't go out of business.

Is that true?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
This is true... I would have much rather have everyone allowed into Medicare... That was the right call.

Can I ask this question... I have read a lot, and a lot of things I read say that the Insurance part was actually a Republican idea so the insurance companies didn't go out of business.

Is that true?

Not sure.  I think  requiring under penalty of law that all must have health insurance helps pay for the many reform provisions put into Obamacare. 

All i can say is that here in Cali there is a law that all vehicles must have insurance and they police it very fast if your insurance runs out.  the insurance companies report directly to DMV.  So you might think that more insured would be cheaper insurance?  NOPE.  Cali has seriously high auto insurance compared to the rest of the USA.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Not sure.  I think  requiring under penalty of law that all must have health insurance helps pay for the many reform provisions put into Obamacare. 

All i can say is that here in Cali there is a law that all vehicles must have insurance and they police it very fast if your insurance runs out.  the insurance companies report directly to DMV.  So you might think that more insured would be cheaper insurance?  NOPE.  Cali has seriously high auto insurance compared to the rest of the USA.

I think all car insurance companies have that in regards to reporting... However, you have a lot of car insurance companies that can compete.

What we need is for insurance companies to be able to cross state lines.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Is everyone forced to drive in Cali? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

Is everyone forced to drive in Cali? 

the reason i brought up the car insurance thing is that during a discussion with a supporter of the recently passed Obamacare he said that with 20 million new customers (forced by law) that medical insurance would go down.  the California insurance thing is a good example of how it will likely not as the medical industry now has the law on their side and can with colusion increase prices at will.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
the reason i brought up the car insurance thing is that during a discussion with a supporter of the recently passed Obamacare he said that with 20 million new customers (forced by law) that medical insurance would go down.  the California insurance thing is a good example of how it will likely not as the medical industry now has the law on their side and can with colusion increase prices at will.

That person is delusional. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
*Guess what, morons...
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
*Guess what, morons...

Fuck off troll.   

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Have you ever considered writing a book about your life?

G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Fuck off troll.   Seek help for your TBI, even though your pofs ghetto scumbag messiah is charging you more for it now. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
i gotta hand it to you 240, you might just be a big contrarion but you get more abuse than anyone on here and you rarely react lol.

i use getbig for argument, disagreemnt, conflict, conversation, debate, just for the rush of it.  I enjoy the bright minds we have here.  some of us, myself included, are misguided, etc.  But hey, whatcha gonna do?

I carry twin glocks and am damn accurate.  I dont take much in life seriously lol.  whoever wins in 2012 won't change much.  obamacare wasn't destroyed by the top repub on SCOTUS.  that shit is bigger than dem/repub and isn't going anywhere.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Fuck off troll.   Seek help for your TBI, even though your pofs ghetto scumbag messiah is charging you more for it now. 
*Fuck off, troll.

You need a remedial English class. Maybe you can pencil one in between cases.
G

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
*Fuck off, troll.

You need a remedial English class. Maybe you can pencil one in between cases.

And you need help from the VA  ASAP.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

NY also has  high auto insurance as well.....but a lot of the high premiums are due to the fraud and high theft rate of NY and Cali

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

My Mom, her Basement & Getbig  ? :D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Fifteen governors reject or leaning against expanded Medicaid program
The Hill ^ | 7/3/2012 | By Elise Viebeck
Posted on July 3, 2012 6:22:10 AM EDT by tobyhill

At least 15 governors have indicated they will not participate in the expansion of Medicaid under the healthcare law, striking a blow to President Obama’s promise of broader insurance coverage.

Before Thursday’s Supreme Court ruling, states had the option of either increasing their Medicaid rolls or being penalized by the federal government. The high court struck down that offer as unconstitutional.

Governors still have a financial incentive to participate in the expansion of coverage for low-income people, since the government will foot most of the bill through 2016. But the decision is also loaded with politics, particularly for Republican governors who are adamantly opposed to “ObamaCare.”

“You can make the political call real quick, but the actual decision is a complicated one,” said Matt Salo of the National Association of Medicaid Directors. “Governors are going to be looking at the numbers and asking: Does this make sense for us?”

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
A good title would be "What I Did Today"
G

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
A good title would be "What I Did Today"

Maybe but the content would only fill a few lines:

Logged on GB, copy-paste conservative propaganda, i hate Obama, the end.

No wonder FOX viewers are the most un-informed people in this country.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
ObamaCare’s now a bigger mess
By MICHAEL TANNER

Last Updated: 12:27 AM, July 3, 2012

Posted: 10:36 PM, July 2, 2012

If the new health care law wasn’t enough of a mess before last week’s Supreme Court decision, that ruling actually added another layer of cost, complexity and political contentiousness to the bill.

By striking down part of the law that required states to expand their Medicaid programs, the court tossed a very hot potato into the laps of state lawmakers everywhere.

ObamaCare required states to increase eligibility for Medicaid to 133 percent of the poverty line, or roughly $30,000 per year for a family of four. The expansion would also make childless single men (a notoriously high-cost group) eligible for Medicaid for the first time. In all, about 40 percent of all the people projected to gain coverage under ObamaCare would do so via Medicaid.

But this imposed real costs on states. For example, the Medicaid expansion would cost New Jersey taxpayers roughly $35 billion over 10 years, and New Yorkers as much as $52 billion.

Not surprisingly, many states balked — and now the high court has agreed: Congress can’t strip all Medicaid funds from states that refuse the expansion, as the ObamaCare law threatened.

So what will state legislators do now?

If they agree to expand their Medicaid programs anyway, they’ll be choosing to pile new costs on their state budgets and new taxes on their constituents.

And if a state doesn’t expand its Medicaid program, most of those who would’ve been eligible for Medicaid will now become eligible for subsidies through ObamaCare’s health-insurance exchanges. And those subsidies are paid in full by the feds.

Thus, New York, for example, would shift most of that $52 billion in new costs back to the federal government.

Of course, if states do shift those costs back to the feds, that will cause the federal cost of ObamaCare to skyrocket. If every state were to refuse to expand its Medicaid program, the feds would save roughly $130 billion in their share of Medicaid costs in 2014, but would have to pay $230 billion more in new exchange-based subsidies — for a net added cost of $100 billion. And that’s just for the first year.

Remember, this is a law that already will cost as much as $2.7 trillion from 2014 to 2024, and will add more than $823 billion to the federal deficit — estimates that assumed state taxpayers would be picking up some Medicaid costs. How will Congress react if billions or perhaps trillions of dollars in new costs are added to the federal budget?

Here’s another complicating factor: Most states have not yet set up an exchange. Many, especially ones with Republican governors or legislatures, may refuse altogether. By most estimates, as few as 15 states are likely to have exchanges in operation by the 2014 deadline.

ObamaCare gives the feds the authority to step in, setting up and operating an exchange in any state that doesn’t set up its own — but there is reason to doubt that they have resources to do so in so many states.

Anyway, federal subsidies are available only through exchanges that the states set up. The feds can’t offer subsidies through a federally run exchange.

Thus, if states neither expanded Medicaid nor set up exchanges, that would effectively block most of ObamaCare’s new entitlement spending.

One last wrinkle: It is those subsidies that trigger the penalty under ObamaCare for employers who fail to provide workers with insurance. So states that don’t set up exchanges could also escape the “employer mandate.”

That is, ObamaCare requires employers with 50 or more workers to provide health insurance or pay a fine . . . er, tax. But that tax only kicks in if at least one employee qualifies for subsidies under the exchange. Since subsidies can only be provided via a state-authorized exchange, a state that refuses to set one up could end up blocking the employer mandate altogether. At the very least, expect some employers to sue on this point, leading to yet another Supreme Court challenge.

And if, as expected, ObamaCare drives up the cost of insurance, many employers could end up dropping their current health insurance. So the end result of all this could be even more uninsured than before the law passed.

In short, the Supreme Court’s ruling not only guaranteed that ObamaCare will be an issue in this fall’s federal elections; it dumped a mess in the laps of governors and state legislators, too.

Michael Tanner is a Cato Institute senior fellow.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/obamacare_now_bigger_mess_ZQXHK0gILBo5NZ9NpCIPnN#ixzz1zYjtrlLU

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_reform_in_the_United_States

Read that you idiot instead of posting your useless garbage

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_reform_in_the_United_States

Read that you idiot instead of posting your useless garbage
]

::)  ::)

Yeah, a press reelase from obama about ThugCare

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
]

::)  ::)

Yeah, a press reelase from obama about ThugCare

Yes wiki is a press release from Obama? ::)

Just keep your head in your ass and copy-paste your ridicilous propaganda. The writers of the shit you read are laughing their ass of. They cant imagine that retards like you actually fall for it