Author Topic: Went and saw Avengers for the 3rd time!!  (Read 11564 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Went and saw Avengers for the 3rd time!!
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2012, 10:58:19 AM »
Hulk is the best.

Simple as that.

You could ask any Asgardian "How much ya bench?" and they would be inferior to Hulk.

Hulk also got the most physical results out of the Trenbologna, compare his physique with the Frank Zane-ish physiques of the Asgardians, and you will see that there is no contest.

It would be like comparing Dorian Yates with Prime Ronnie Coleman lol.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2012, 10:58:45 AM »
 waiting for spider man and bat man now

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2012, 10:59:29 AM »
world breaker mode.... ..please .... ho dumb does that sound.... like i sid once the FOUNDATION of a house has been set ... for me it cant change......
do you see how many times they have tried to change superman it NEVER works... why because the foundation has been set,

world breaker mode ha ha ha ....

Well, that's interesting... Does that mean that Superman can't fly in your world?

The original Superman could NOT fly... So I guess to you, since that's the way it's SET... he shouldn't be able to fly.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2012, 11:10:24 AM »
Well, that's interesting... Does that mean that Superman can't fly in your world?

The original Superman could NOT fly... So I guess to you, since that's the way it's SET... he shouldn't be able to fly.

Good call.

It was Captain Marvel as the first superhero to actually being able to fly. Supes didn't fly until the animators of the 1940's Fleischer cartoons ran in the theaters because the animators thought that it would be easier to animate Superman's movements if he was able to fly than just leap around. Those cartoons were absolute AMAZING pieces of animation and art...

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2012, 11:12:14 AM »
I saw the film a few weeks ago and enjoyed it.  Much better than the second Iron Man.  I also enjoyed Thor and Captain America.  Favorite comic hero is Superman. 

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2012, 11:18:36 AM »

no no .... you missunderstand.... we comic readers use comics as a means of escapism.... we have extraordinary imagination... fine...
my favourite all time hero was spiderman as a kid why because he was normal...in some ways had weaknesses struggled to pay bills etc
they ruined spiderman after the clone saga, anyway when a writer begins to write in a way where the charcater becomes incredulous... or ridiculous, i just shut off, the way hulk is written is reckless and dumb, hulks power is strength, how can a charcater whos power is essentially punching and lifting and throwing stuff be the most baddest all of a sudden .....in marvel universe.... because he is popular it makes no fucking sense.... all the great rivalries... hulk v thing..hulk v juggy.. hulk v thor ruined alll written so hulk near enough will win everytime..... that avengers movie may as well be called hulk and his amazing friends.....
for hulk fans great but for marvel fans and true comic enthusiasts fuckery... all hulk fights go like this
hulk v watcher.... hulk get mad 3 punches watcher out, hulk v thor hulk gets mad thre punches thor out... hulk v thing hulk gets mad 3 punches thing out.... im waiting for them to write hulk vs galactus so hulk can get mad punch him 3 time with his world breaker strength and knock him out  ::)

Dc way better franchise IMO and i dont care how much avengers made ....at the box office ... spice girls sold million.. doesn't mean they cant sing for shit
choice is an illusion

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2012, 11:27:18 AM »
Looking big there MOS.  Looks like 19" arms... correct?

I saw The Avengers twice so far.  Planning to see it one more time before it's out of the theaters.

Looking forward to Batman too.  'Dark Knight' is going to be tough to beat.

Don't know how big today....haven't measured an arm in years.....you very well could be right.

I'm also hoping Batman knocks us all out.....Spidey might be a big hit too.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2012, 11:28:09 AM »

no no .... you missunderstand.... we comic readers use comics as a means of escapism.... we have extraordinary imagination... fine...
my favourite all time hero was spiderman as a kid why because he was normal...in some ways had weaknesses struggled to pay bills etc
they ruined spiderman after the clone saga, anyway when a writer begins to write in a way where the charcater becomes incredulous... or ridiculous, i just shut off, the way hulk is written is reckless and dumb, hulks power is strength, how can a charcater whos power is essentially punching and lifting and throwing stuff be the most baddest all of a sudden .....in marvel universe.... because he is popular it makes no fucking sense.... all the great rivalries... hulk v thing..hulk v juggy.. hulk v thor ruined alll written so hulk near enough will win everytime..... that avengers movie may as well be called hulk and his amazing friends.....
for hulk fans great but for marvel fans and true comic enthusiasts fuckery... all hulk fights go like this
hulk v watcher.... hulk get mad 3 punches watcher out, hulk v thor hulk gets mad thre punches thor out... hulk v thing hulk gets mad 3 punches thing out.... im waiting for them to write hulk vs galactus so hulk can get mad punch him 3 time with his world breaker strength and knock him out  ::)

Dc way better franchise IMO and i dont care how much avengers made ....at the box office ... spice girls sold million.. doesn't mean they cant sing for shit

Okee dokee...

Even though at one time Superman could move the entire Planet Earth... Did you shut it down then?

Hmmm?

Ok.

Anyway... I don't have time to debate this. I have a flight to catch.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2012, 11:39:55 AM »

hulk v watcher.... hulk get mad 3 punches watcher out, hulk v thor hulk gets mad thre punches thor out... hulk v thing hulk gets mad 3 punches thing out.... im waiting for them to write hulk vs galactus so hulk can get mad punch him 3 time with his world breaker strength and knock him out  ::)

Fair enough, but a business is a business no matter what character you love and the comic business is all about making money...period. Look at Wolverine for instance, the guy is just a street-level tough guy who Spider-man could just casually slap away...and did!! Today he goes toe-to-toe with the Hulk and can beat/cut almost anyone, why? Popularity plain and simple. Even his healing factor is through the roof, to give him that extra edge against more powerful opponents, it was never like that in the beginning. Why would any fan pay to see Logan be humbled time and time again? It's just the way things go...

I loved Wolverine in the late 70's and 80's. Once the 90's hit, I've always HATED the character (even though I love Hugh Jackman playing him in the movies).

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2012, 11:41:18 AM »
Okee dokee...

Even though at one time Superman could move the entire Planet Earth... Did you shut it down then?

Hmmm?

Ok.

Anyway... I don't have time to debate this. I have a flight to catch.

Bullshit. Real getbiggers have their own G5 waiting for them.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2012, 11:44:52 AM »

Fair enough, but a business is a business no matter what character you love and the comic business is all about making money...period. Look at Wolverine for instance, the guy is just a street-level tough guy who Spider-man could just casually slap away...and did!! Today he goes toe-to-toe with the Hulk and can beat/cut almost anyone, why? Popularity plain and simple. Even his healing factor is through the roof, to give him that extra edge against more powerful opponents, it was never like that in the beginning. Why would any fan pay to see Logan be humbled time and time again? It's just the way things go...

I loved Wolverine in the late 70's and 80's. Once the 90's hit, I've always HATED the character (even though I love Hugh Jackman playing him in the movies).
I still dont understand the increase in Hulks power. Who, other that diehard fanboys, enjoy their favorite character being able to literally tear through everyone like butter? Its stupid, and boring.
Especially when you watch him getting more and more powerful, and other characters getting nerfed, enemies that are supposed to be super powerful are suddenly punching bags for Hulk fans? Its dumb. But thats just my opinion.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2012, 11:47:32 AM »
I saw the film a few weeks ago and enjoyed it.  Much better than the second Iron Man.  I also enjoyed Thor and Captain America.  Favorite comic hero is Superman. 
I personally thought all the individual movies were better than the Avengers. Thor, the first Iron Man, Thor, Captain America.. Like I said, the movie was very entertaining, the actual story line was overall retarded and I couldn't get into it as much as the others movie.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2012, 12:41:57 PM »
I still dont understand the increase in Hulks power. Who, other that diehard fanboys, enjoy their favorite character being able to literally tear through everyone like butter? Its stupid, and boring.
Especially when you watch him getting more and more powerful, and other characters getting nerfed, enemies that are supposed to be super powerful are suddenly punching bags for Hulk fans? Its dumb. But thats just my opinion.

Even though he has the most impressive bench, he still has weaknesses.

Gas, Mental attacks, easily manipulated by women etc.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2012, 01:09:25 PM »

this
choice is an illusion

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2012, 01:15:26 PM »
So worth it!  Yes, I'm a big ole nerd.   

I'd go a 4th time if I could!   ;)

MOS, are you one of those 40yo dudes who would wear Marvel PJ's and sleep in Captain America bed sheets if you could?

;D
®

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2012, 01:34:26 PM »
MOS, are you one of those 40yo dudes who would wear Marvel PJ's and sleep in Captain America bed sheets if you could?

;D

I don't know about them, but I am! I have over 200 superhero t-shirts/long-sleeves that I've been amassing for the last 30 years. Sometimes I give some away, sometimes I buy new ones, and sometimes I get them as gifts. Either way, symbol shirts are my favorite of the bunch.

Sorry, no pj's or underoos, but if anyone's giving, why not!

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »
I don't know about them, but I am! I have over 200 superhero t-shirts/long-sleeves that I've been amassing for the last 30 years. Sometimes I give some away, sometimes I buy new ones, and sometimes I get them as gifts. Either way, symbol shirts are my favorite of the bunch.

Sorry, no pj's or underoos, but if anyone's giving, why not!

LOL awesome... are you the type of "guy" who carries around his Hulk foam "fists" in public in case of "necessity"?
®

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2012, 01:40:12 PM »
LOL awesome... are you the type of "guy" who carries around his Hulk foam "fists" in public in case of "necessity"?

:D Glad your back brotha!!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »
Anybody catch Superman vs. The Elite?

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2012, 01:51:08 PM »

Read the Joe Kelly issue back in the day but still skeptical on the dvd. Animation design looks horrible to me, I'll probably get it when prices dip so I can pick it up for about 5 bucks...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2012, 01:57:50 PM »

i saw it about 2 weeks ago.  animations still rule vs the live movies, with first class and batman being the exceptions.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2012, 02:02:08 PM »
Read the Joe Kelly issue back in the day but still skeptical on the dvd. Animation design looks horrible to me, I'll probably get it when prices dip so I can pick it up for about 5 bucks...
Animation wasnt my taste, Supes looked like American Dad, but the storyline and how it was done was good. I think DC is making a covert attack on Marvel with these DVDs. Marvel is good for it's family friendly big budget movies. And DC has the darker toned movies on lock, but they can come out with the animated DVDs that still have a slightly darker or adult tone, like Red Hood.
Marvel has what, the Avenger animation, and a few Hulk ones? What Marvel needs to do, is unleash some Deadpool, Wolverine, Venom, Cable, Cage, Blade, Black Panther vids, with darker toned and violence, to counter the DC animation.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2012, 02:04:15 PM »
i saw it about 2 weeks ago.  animations still rule vs the live movies, with first class and batman being the exceptions.
Haha, Fassbender is dating Lenny Kravitz Daughter who played Angel (the chick with wings) on First Class. Yeah, those two were good.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2012, 02:10:01 PM »
Haha, Fassbender is dating Lenny Kravitz Daughter who played Angel (the chick with wings) on First Class. Yeah, those two were good.

Dude is 1/2 Irish, right?  That bitch Irishdave will have a seizure.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2012, 02:16:34 PM »
Bullshit. Real getbiggers have their own G5 waiting for them.

Nope... and I only fly business class... but my flight to Chicago is so late and I have to be on the east coast EARLY.

So I rebooked through another airline first class... My poor wallet. Ugh!!

:(