Author Topic: Obama urges donors to help out his campaign  (Read 1470 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Obama urges donors to help out his campaign
« on: July 01, 2012, 10:27:52 AM »
If the Supreme Court, upholding ObamaCare, is a win for Obama, it's certainly not showing up in the campaign coffers.

'Obama urges donors to help out his campaign

US President Barack Obama has pleaded with his donors to help out his apparently troubled campaign, a report says.

Obama made the request in a conference call to the contributors from Air Force One, while on his way back to Washington from Colorado late Friday.

“The majority on this call maxed out to my campaign last time. I really need you to do the same this time,” said part of a recording of the call provided to US news reporting and opinion website The Daily Beast by a contributor to the campaign.

In the recording, the US president sounded tired and worried in his campaign pitch and desperate to win the battle against the Republicans in the presidential race, the report suggested.

“In 2008, everything was new and exciting about our campaign. Because we’re going to have to deal with these super PACs in a serious way. And if we don’t, frankly I think the political [scene] is going to be changed permanently,” Obama added.

“Because the special interests that are financing my opponent’s campaign are just going to consolidate themselves. They’re gonna run Congress and the White House,” he went on to say.

In May, monthly campaign figures showed that Obama’s rival and former Massachusetts’s Governor, Mitt Romney had attracted more funds than the president in the month, outpacing the incumbent for the first time in the race for the White House.

The figures showed that Romney’s campaign and the Republican Party had raised a combined sum of USD 76.8 million, nearly doubling their April effort, and outperforming Obama’s campaign and the Democratic Party.

Yet, the US president offered hope that he would be the next person in the office with a more popular message.

“And now, I’m the incumbent president. I’ve got gray hair. People have seen disappointment because folks had a vision of change happening immediately. And it turns out change is hard, especially when you’ve got an obstructionist Republican Congress.”

Obama’s campaign had been predicted to smash all fundraising records held by previous administrations. However, analysts say the president is in for a struggle versus a costly election amidst tough economic conditions and voter disillusionment.

More than USD two billion is expected to be spent between both candidates.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama urges donors to help out his campaign
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:32:28 AM »
If the Supreme Court, upholding ObamaCare, is a win for Obama, it's certainly not showing up in the campaign coffers.

the ink isn't even dry on "conservative" John Roberts' pen yet.

Anyone who hates obamacare wasn't a donor already.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 10:45:05 AM »
the ink isn't even dry on "conservative" John Roberts' pen yet.

Anyone who hates obamacare wasn't a donor already.

Says who? It apparently hasn't dawned on you that the reason that Obama faces the troubles he does is that there are many WHO SUPPORTED HIM in 2008, who don't support him now (and most of those folks, as stated on one of my threads, are white people).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:50:05 AM »
Says who? It apparently hasn't dawned on you that the reason that Obama faces the troubles he does is that there are many WHO SUPPORTED HIM in 2008, who don't support him now (and most of those folks, as stated on one of my threads, are white people).

Black people supporting obama are slaves to this con man.    He uses them as a disposable tampon and they ask for more and more and more.  Fucking insane. 

Whites supporting obama are either welfare thugs or guilt ridden white panzies. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 10:54:57 AM »

mcway said

But, there's no severability clause. Without the mandate, the whole thing collapses. Like public-sector unions, most people will run from this as fast as their feet will carry them, if they aren't forced to pay for it.

But, of course, the delusional left and our resident TK members, much as they did with the Wisconsin woodshed whipping, will attempt to spin defeat into victory (in the likelihood ObamaCare goes down).
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 hahahahahahaha mcway is the one tring to spin this as a victory  priceless

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 11:01:55 AM »
But, there's no severability clause. Without the mandate, the whole thing collapses. Like public-sector unions, most people will run from this as fast as their feet will carry them, if they aren't forced to pay for it.

But, of course, the delusional left and our resident TK members, much as they did with the Wisconsin woodshed whipping, will attempt to spin defeat into victory (in the likelihood ObamaCare goes down).

hahahahahahaha mcway is the one tring to spin this as a victory  priceless

Wrong again, Blacken. It's a win for Obama, as was his killing Bin Laden. But, how long did that last for him? A month, tops!!

And how has this win translated politically for Obama, more money? NO (or at least not yet)!!

A boost in the polls? Yep....but again, see the Bin Laden thing.

Politically speaking? Obama now has to defend raising taxes on the middle class, something he said he wouldn't do.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »
the articla you posted you are trying to show how this is hurting obama,so in your head your telling yourself it's a win  now that is priceless.. hey but go ahead and spin  :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 11:14:28 AM »
the articla you posted you are trying to show how this is hurting obama,so in your head your telling yourself it's a win  now that is priceless.. hey but go ahead and spin  :D

You apparently can't read. I've been posting for WEEKS that Obama's been struggling in the fund-raising category, BEFORE this ruling went down.

Now the ruling has come and gone. It's a win for Obama....but apparently not a financial one.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 11:19:42 AM »
You apparently can't read. I've been posting for WEEKS that Obama's been struggling in the fund-raising category, BEFORE this ruling went down.

Now the ruling has come and gone. It's a win for Obama....but apparently not a financial one.

don't care what you been posting for weeks,that's not why you posted this article.....spin away  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 11:29:16 AM »
don't care what you been posting for weeks,that's not why you posted this article.....spin away  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

There's no spinning involved. Obama got a win, which from appearances have given him slight bump in the polls but no bump in the campaign wallet.

I posted this article for the same reasons I posted the previous ones about financial woes: To make the point Obama is in major trouble on the financial side.

ObamaCare was legal, before Thursdays ruling; he was struggling for cash. It's been upheld and is still legal; he's STILL struggling for cash.

But, don't take my word for it.

Listen to the message from Obama himself. That doesn't sound like a guy who's doing the Dougie in the endzone, because his signature legislative achievement survived the Supreme Court.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 11:30:40 AM »
Obama and his fat rotten pig of a wife and their two brats should be deported back to kenya or cuba or venezuela or north korea where they belong.  FNG street thugs, all of them. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »
Obama and his fat rotten pig of a wife and their two brats should be deported back to kenya or cuba or venezuela or north korea where they belong.  FNG street thugs, all of them. 

oh boy more lawyer talk  :D :D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »

I voted for Obama in 2008, I don't care if him and Mitt are virtually the same.  Not voting for Obama again!  :-[

Same story with just about everyone I know, including people on this board I believe.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 11:36:57 AM »
oh boy more lawyer talk  :D :D

no - that is taxpayer talk for how i feel about these communists and grifters in the WH 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 01:04:19 PM »

what troubles?  isn't he leading in every single RCP poll?

Given the fact he's done a shitty job, shoved obamacare down throats, and economy still sucks - maybe romney should be leading? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 01:14:01 PM »

what troubles?  isn't he leading in every single RCP poll?

Given the fact he's done a shitty job, shoved obamacare down throats, and economy still sucks - maybe romney should be leading? 

Of course Romney should be leading.  But this country in now what it used to be.  We have a dumbed down citizenry who lack even the most basic concepts of liberty, freedom, and who 50% just smiled at selling their freedom to obama for free condoms and colonoscopies.   

Obama is propped up by idol and messiah worshippers like yourself who admit he is a fucking disaster for this country, but can't and wont bring yourself to abandon him out of a variety of reasons, be it white guilt, shared communist beliefs, etc.

That is why obama is where is, the morons of society like yourself who have no problem with him collapsing america day by day.   Your white guilt, hatred of GWB, leftist emotional bullshit, and brainwashed mind won't allow you to do what you know deep down is the right thing to do. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 02:22:36 PM »
Of course Romney should be leading.  But this country in now what it used to be.

Do you think Chris Christie or Jeb Bush would be losing to obama in every poll right now?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 02:28:17 PM »
Do you think Chris Christie or Jeb Bush would be losing to obama in every poll right now?

I think Christie would be leading.   Christie is a strident born leader.   Myth is a pussie.

As for "Jeb", he is another NWO sock puppet like "W". 

At least w the ruling this week from Roberts - the Bush family is officially DOA for electoral politics. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 02:31:21 PM »
I think Christie would be leading.   

In that case, you can't blame the country - you have to blame the voters who chose such a shitty candidate.

To be honest tho - no good candidate ran.  they KNEW how tough an incumbent was to beat.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 03:11:44 PM »

what troubles?  isn't he leading in every single RCP poll?

He was and will be again, probably when the economic numbers hit the news cycles and Obama's bump from ObamaCare's being upheld goes away.

Edit - That bump may be fading sooner than later, as Rasmussen has them TIED at 45.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 03:18:28 PM »
He was and will be again, probably when the economic numbers hit the news cycles and Obama's bump from ObamaCare's being upheld goes away.

my opinion is that he enjoyed that initial peak, he slowly slid for 3 weeks...

and it's probably going to stay that way.  He's losing ground on immigration (Scared to choose any position on Dream).  He's losing ground on obamacare (won't comment with any real balls either way, just refers to states rights).

He's gonna keep on being the safe, default, vanilla candidate.  And unless he's willing to be bold and really do something different, I doubt he will "safe" his way into office.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 03:45:09 PM »

here's a clue as to why everyone who meets you almost immediately can't stand you and that goes for your mother and family members too

it's probably also the reason why you sit in your in your little shithole apartment bitching and moaning on the internet 24/7

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 03:54:08 PM »
my opinion is that he enjoyed that initial peak, he slowly slid for 3 weeks...

and it's probably going to stay that way.  He's losing ground on immigration (Scared to choose any position on Dream).  He's losing ground on obamacare (won't comment with any real balls either way, just refers to states rights).

He's gonna keep on being the safe, default, vanilla candidate.  And unless he's willing to be bold and really do something different, I doubt he will "safe" his way into office.

Lost ground on ObamaCare? He got $4 million in less than 24 hours. Meanwhile, Obama is practically BEGGING for campaign cash.

Once again, you're twisting yourself in knots. YOU said that Romney needed ObamaCare to stand, in order to have a shot at beating Obama. Now that the Supreme Court is upheld it, you're claiming that Romney's lost ground (despite raking in the dough, and having Indiana lean his way).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 03:55:34 PM »
here's a clue as to why everyone who meets you almost immediately can't stand you and that goes for your mother and family members too

it's probably also the reason why you sit in your in your little shithole apartment bitching and moaning on the internet 24/7

For what these grifters have done to thhis country since that beast said "For the first time in my adult life . . . . . " its been one act of treason, insult, and blasphemy against this country after another.   I was being overly generous in what I said.  

Being that you are a statist progressive looking to micro-manage and dictate how everyone runs their lives, of course you love this jerks.