Author Topic: Paying For Higher Education  (Read 3943 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Paying For Higher Education
« on: July 02, 2012, 06:12:10 PM »
Romney's way looks like a nice way for America to fall far behind countries like China and India. We have enough dummies in this country as-is, as this board sadly gives testament.  :( Spoken like a candidate who never had to worry about a student loan. If Willard had a cash flow shortage in his college days, he would just sell some of his stock, or worst case, have daddy pay off his tuition. ::)
Talk about "out of touch"! 

!

Your Average GymRat

Re: Paying For Higher Education
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:15:08 PM »
The n/i/g/g/e/r Alfed E Neuman is LOSING in the polls, monkey-boy.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:16:02 PM »
Holy fuck , STFU already you annoying  fucking bitch.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 06:53:20 PM »
LOL, only dude too stupid to figure out where the political board is.
Or he's just a bitch.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 06:56:15 PM »
  Things are fucked

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 07:11:40 PM »
End affirmative action now!!!!!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 08:39:23 PM »
Only 24% of the American population has a bachelor's degree.  :'(

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 09:27:46 PM »
The n/i/g/g/e/r Alfed E Neuman is LOSING in the polls, monkey-boy.
The highly evolved, perspicacious response I'd expect from you, our esteemed Pakistani board poster extraordinaire.
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 09:30:36 PM »
Why don't cha' make me, "Che"?  ::)

Your insults ring hollow, and internet tough-guys are a dime-a-dozen, son. Nobody forces you to read my threads. Perhaps you could try logging off and reading a book (for once) instead?  :-\
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 09:38:45 PM »
LOL, only dude too stupid to figure out where the political board is.
Or he's just a bitch.
Oh, I know precisely where the politics board is, and have more posts there than you do.  ;)
If I choose not to post there due to the censoring of my posts done by Jizz-mo, Titty Baby, and Bitch Bum...what the hell business is it of yours?

I really don't think you have the intellectual wherewithal to consider me "stupid", but I guess with all of your academic credentials, remarkable political insights, knowledge and experience articulated on this board, and your remarkable family and career successes...who am I to argue?  ::)

The only "bitch" I know is your mom, and even after calling her that, she still lets be leave my drawers under her bed after I screw her.  :D
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 09:41:04 PM »
Only 24% of the American population has a bachelor's degree.  :'(
Yes, it is quite sad indeed, Bay. :(

It would only get worse under a Willard Romney presidency, where Pell Grants would be cut, student loan rates would skyrocket, and Romney would not give a DAMN about it.
!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 09:47:25 PM »
Im waiting for an intellectual retort...I think ill be waiting for a while...

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 09:47:43 PM »
 ;D

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
-Joseph Stalin-

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 09:49:40 PM »
Yes, it is quite sad indeed, Bay. :(

It would only get worse under a Willard Romney presidency, where Pell Grants would be cut, student loan rates would skyrocket, and Romney would not give a DAMN about it.

Its real simple!!  Don't have kids if you cannot afford them, don't have pets if you can't afford them, don't buy a house bigger than what you can afford, don't drive a car you can't afford, don't have a cell phone if you cant afford one and stop asking the working tax payers to pay your f-ing way. Own what you can afford, including the number of kids you have. In essence, people should have to get a license to have children proving they can afford to take care of then including college. Pay your own way..

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 09:50:51 PM »

Well thought out response... ::)

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 09:51:45 PM »
Its real simple!!  Don't have kids if you cannot afford them, don't have pets if you can't afford them, don't buy a house bigger than what you can afford, don't drive a car you can't afford, don't have a cell phone if you cant afford one and stop asking the working tax payers to pay your f-ing way. Own what you can afford, including the number of kids you have. In essence, people should have to get a license to have children proving they can afford to take care of then including college. Pay your own way..

You've:

1. Never been to college.

2. Had your parents pay for your college.

Which one is it?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 09:53:29 PM »

that would be a great solution, which means there would a HUGE shortage of doctors. How many parents do you think can afford to send their children to med school without taking out loans? The amount of people who can pay out of pocket for their child to go to med school is extremely small. There would be a gigantic shortage across most important jobs that are required for society to function.
X

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 09:57:17 PM »
that would be a great solution, which means there would a HUGE shortage of doctors. How many parents do you think can afford to send their children to med school without taking out loans? The amount of people who can pay out of pocket for their child to go to med school is extremely small. There would be a gigantic shortage across most important jobs that are required for society to function.

If you notice I did not say anything about the granting of applicable and realistic loans (which should get paid back). But how about this, after med school (if subsidized by the tax payer) you do a few years in the military as a means of reimbursement.

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 09:58:05 PM »
I am a college student and I don't know anyone who has paid for college alone without 1. Parents help or 2. Financial aid.

Not a single person that I know. It just doesn't happen in most universities because of the price of college, and I live in a state that has among the lowest tuition in the nation.

You take college financial aid and grants then the number of college students will drop down significantly. Anyone who thinks that this is good for America is...an idiot.  ;)

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 09:59:24 PM »
You've:

1. Never been to college.

2. Had your parents pay for your college.

Which one is it?

Actually smart ass I did go to collage and worked at the same time to supplemental tuition cost.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 10:00:10 PM »
If you notice I did not say anything about the granting of applicable and realistic loans (which should get paid back). But how about this, after med school (if subsidized by the tax payer) you do a few years in the military as a means of reimbursement.

that sounds realistic. In fact, there are certain loan forgiveness plans that if you work with certain populations, you get some loans forgiven. These are populations which few people want to work with. Specifcally, crime ridden areas or nonprofit where you get paid nothing.

Either you pay back your loans in full, or you use your degree to at least give back in some ways, specifically in an area where there is a shortage.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 10:02:04 PM »
I am a college student and I don't know anyone who has paid for college alone without 1. Parents help or 2. Financial aid.

Not a single person that I know. It just doesn't happen in most universities because of the price of college, and I live in a state that has among the lowest tuition in the nation.

You take college financial aid and grants then the number of college students will drop down significantly. Anyone who thinks that this is good for America is...an idiot.  ;)

Agreed. Boston College is close to $50,000 a year (obviously cheaper without dorming, but still expensive)! There is no way someone can be a full time student and pay that off in the same year.  ::) ::)
X

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 10:03:25 PM »

This doesn't actually even make sense.

1. College is too expensive for loans. This is why most students with loans are having a lot of trouble paying them back. Even with low interest rates.

2. No one will join the military as a means of paying off school. Why would someone put their life on the line for a few years, with a high chance of being sent overseas to fight in some sand pit of hell, just to get killed or maimed because they wanted an education to make America better?

Hmm...

No...If you choose to go to school, THAT is the sacrifice. You sacrifice time, energy, effort and also the most important thing: OPPORTUNITY COST. Someone going to college for 5 years is sacrificing 5 years of earning potential. People with college degrees improve America and sacrifice these things to get degrees. College grads are much better for America than non-college grads. This is why they must be supported and seen as an investment.

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 10:08:55 PM »
Actually smart ass I did go to collage and worked at the same time to supplemental tuition cost.  

Really? What college? What years? Did you finish? Was it a 2 or 4 year degree? What was the cost per year that you paid and what job did you work to earn enough?

My college costs, on average, about 4,000 a semester including full time tuition, fees (like required health insurance) and such. This does NOT including housing, utilities, food, etc. The real cost is something like 7,000 every 4 or 5 months which amounts to about 28,000 per year. Sometimes more depending on the cost of specific classes. Add on books, which cost usually 500 bucks a semester and we are looking at about 30,000 per semester.

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »
College needs to be totally funded, just as Grades K-12 are publicly funded. Instead of K-12 just being funded by the govt., 4 years of college as well as post-graduate degrees need to be funded totally. America needs to stop being a nation of burger flippers and start being a nation of advanced, educated and intelligent people so that we can start competing with other countries. If we don't, we'll be all fucked.