Author Topic: Higgs wipes a tear from his eye as fellow scientists find his 'God particle'  (Read 5831 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
People with intelligence, what does this mean?

???

Professor Higgs wipes a tear from his eye as fellow scientists find his 'God particle' on 'momentous day for science' - 40 years after he predicted its existence

Discovery of particle is most important in physics in decades
    Leading physicists watch announcement at CERN in Switzerland
    End of 40-year quest for 'missing' particle
    Last jigsaw piece that proves our view of universe is right
    'God Particle' gives particles that make up atoms their mass
    Prof Higgs, 83: 'I had no idea this would happen in my lifetime'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2168557/Higgs-boson-Scientists-God-particle-40-year-search-momentous-day-science.html#ixzz1zhYkYC1G

slate

• Getbig IV
the funny thing is that Higgs was only one of five or six physicists working in a few groups that published papers postulating the existence of this particle essentially independently of each other

funnier still is the fact that the name higgs boson came around because another scientist later quoted his paper first when writing on the subject , wrongly thinking higgs's was the first paper on it. This is relatively well known among physicists working in the area

Now, I wonder how does Higgs (person/not boson) go through life? does he keep telling people (reporters) the whole story when they first meet him equivocations and all, or does he just keep quiet and thinks shit i am tired of telling the full story over and over, or.....?

what would you do in his shoes?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
G

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V

More like this garebear! Less on healthcare and discrimination please!   8)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
ah yeah the higgs boson much like an elite gamma ray thats "seemingly invisable" but then only visable in certain circumstances

things like this can only be veiwable in a vaccum ( AWAY FROM NORMAL TIME AND SPACE INTERACTIONS AND INTERFERENCE)

Interference is a huge deal you cant look at anything on the subatamocial level in its true form without interference infiltrating the outcome at wich you see

who knows how many god particles exist, one can only speculate that there are ascending levels of difficulty pin pointing smaller and smaller or larger and larger "god damn particles"

I think us scientists speculate on that there are 5 higgs bosons feilds im guessing they mean in this galaxy alone im not sure. So at the super collidor labratory they actually made a real one and thats a big deal for something so seemingly rare.. But these higgs feilds INTERACT WITH ALL MASS NO MATTER HOW FAR OR CLOSE IN THE GALAXY. thats why its only a big deal to me
A

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
ah yeah the higgs boson much like an elite gamma ray thats "seemingly invisable" but then only visable in certain circumstances

things like this can only be veiwable in a vaccum ( AWAY FROM NORMAL TIME AND SPACE INTERACTIONS AND INTERFERENCE)

Interference is a huge deal you cant look at anything on the subatamocial level in its true form without interference infiltrating the outcome at wich you see

who knows how many god particles exist, one can only speculate that there are ascending levels of difficulty pin pointing smaller and smaller or larger and larger "god damn particles"

I think us scientists speculate on that there are 5 higgs bosons feilds im guessing they mean in this galaxy alone im not sure. So at the super collidor labratory they actually made a real one and thats a big deal for something so seemingly rare.. But these higgs feilds INTERACT WITH ALL MASS NO MATTER HOW FAR OR CLOSE IN THE GALAXY. thats why its only a big deal to me

;D

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
yes, Wiggs was a proud man that day

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
the higgs could be a way of instantaneous travel or communications far far away. But this is something that takes almost far too much energy to create but now it seems possible, but i dont think this is something that will be mainstream (in everyones hands) because for now you need a massive machine to make it.  They are going to have to do a ton of studying on this daily, would be a great feild to get into
A

slate

• Getbig IV
fuk me
what was i thinking- 8)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor

First of all there's no "higgs boson field" but there's a "Higgs Field" whose quantum is the Higgs Boson. Second of all, what... the... fuck... my head just exploded! How can anyone write so poorly and so incoherently? You should get lean again Johnny, your brain can't take the amount of fat you're carrying.

the higgs could be a way of instantaneous travel or communications far far away. But this is something that takes almost far too much energy to create but now it seems possible, but i dont think this is something that will be mainstream (in everyones hands) because for now you need a massive machine to make it.  They are going to have to do a ton of studying on this daily, would be a great feild to get into

Huh? It could be a way of instantaneous travel or communications? How, exactly?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
First of all there's no "higgs boson field" but there's a "Higgs Field" whose quantum is the Higgs Boson. Second of all, what... the... fuck... my head just exploded! How can anyone write so poorly and so incoherently? You should get lean again Johnny, your brain can't take the amount of fat you're carrying.

Huh? It could be a way of instantaneous travel or communications? How, exactly?

You've obviously never made the acquaintance of the legendary Bill Falcon, who lost all his hair eating an all meat diet.

cephissus

• Getbig V

:o

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Kinda funny how we just proved that god doesn't exist and everyone is kinda like meh. What's Snooki up to these days?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
one day they will find god, and they will stop asking so many questions

JasonH

• Getbig V
Why are they calling it a "god" particle? What does it have to do with a god or religion?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Why are they calling it a "god" particle? What does it have to do with a god or religion?

Nothing. Higgs originally called it "The God-damn Particle" (because of the difficulty in detecting it experimentally) but then decided to shorten it, and the name stuck. It's a stupid moniker.

the trainer

god particle what a bullshit name to impress the average retard, there are so many undiscovered particles out there does not mean you found god, those dumb scientists need to get their head examined.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Kinda funny how we just proved that god doesn't exist 

How so?
R

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
G

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

slate

• Getbig IV
Nothing. Higgs originally called it "The God-damn Particle" (because of the difficulty in detecting it experimentally) but then decided to shorten it, and the name stuck. It's a stupid moniker.
Higgs never coined that name
In order to make this post get big relevant I will go out and reveal :-)  that it was a Jew that came up with that name

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Very exciting news!  Will be interesting to read the final publication (not that I'd grasp all of it LOL!).  The Higgs-Boson may have been discovered, can't believe it happened this quickly!