Author Topic: "Negative Calories" my ass....  (Read 1945 times)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
"Negative Calories" my ass....
« on: July 07, 2012, 04:51:35 AM »
I don't know where this myth came from...

I know about the thermic effect of food but people will delude themselves thinking it will have some magical effect in what they shove down their throat. Sure, if you eat a few celery sticks, a cup of broccoli, or something along those lines the effect it will have on total caloric consumption very little. However, when you're starving on a diet and you fill yourself up with a couple stalks of celery, 10 green peppers and massive amounts of broccoli each day than you should take these into account cause they will add up.

any thoughts?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: "Negative Calories" my ass....
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 05:25:50 AM »
I never liked the term "negative calories."
I also never liked the rationale that these foods "require more calories to digest than are in them."

If that were the case, if you lived on broccoli and spinach alone, you'd become invisible. :-\

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 05:33:41 AM »
I also never liked the rationale that these foods "require more calories to digest than are in them."

If that were the case, if you lived on broccoli and spinach alone, you'd become invisible. :-\

yeah but its probably what christian bale used to get "shredded" for the mechanic  :-\

that or an all you smoke crack and meth buffet

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 05:35:12 AM »

And I believe that calories required to digest food may already be accounted for in your basal metabolic rate anyhow  ???