Author Topic: Someone please explain this "God Particle' to me.  (Read 7517 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Someone please explain this "God Particle' to me.
« on: July 07, 2012, 02:47:18 PM »
What does this discovery mean exactly?  Does this prove the Big Bang Theory?  Does this put another nail in the coffin of god, or does it boost the claim the he created everything out of nothing?  I need the scholars of Getbig to enlighten me on this recent turn of events.

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
Re: Someone please explain this "God Particle' to me.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 02:51:21 PM »
It basically means the Higgs field model of what gives "mass" to stuff is correct.

The boson is the elemental particle that when interacting in space gives mass to other particles and hence, to the physical world.

Also, if anyone has anything about the boson and the string theory id appreciate the gesture.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 03:01:45 PM »

I bet my ass this one works !!!

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 03:02:55 PM »

Meanwhile...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 03:03:21 PM »
What does this discovery mean exactly?  Does this prove the Big Bang Theory?  Does this put another nail in the coffin of god, or does it boost the claim the he created everything out of nothing?  I need the scholars of Getbig to enlighten me on this recent turn of events.

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 03:07:59 PM »
Oh, and its not a recent turn of events, its not a turn of events at all, the Higgs model has been the model sinceit was proposed, the super collision shit was build exactly for that.

Nothing will change in terms of theoretical physics for the years to come, just deeper research in the theory.  As for the big bang, it nor confirms nor denies as the model has been applied to the big bang theory for decades already.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 03:19:43 PM »
10 Billion dollars...

Todays war on terror cost what 10 times that much? just imagine what we could do with all that money.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »
July 6, 2012

Our Political Black Hole
By GAIL COLLINS

Scientists in Geneva announced this week that they had found a new subatomic particle that they were 99.999999 percent sure was the elusive Higgs boson, nicknamed the “God particle.” Even though we had no earthly idea what that meant, we were definitely excited.

It’s given us so much to think about: how existence began, the structure of the universe, the difference between bosons and fermions. And, of course, what it will mean to the presidential race.

The first thing all patriotic Americans are going to want to know is why something this important happened elsewhere. The Large Hadron Collider, where the physicists did the work, was built by the European Organization for Nuclear Research. We were building a Superconducting Super Collider of our own, in Waxahachie, Tex., but Congress stopped the financing for it in 1993.

“It’s disheartening that a large number of fairly intelligent people could do such a thing,” said Leon Lederman, a Nobel Prize-winning physicist, when the budget-cutting House of Representatives ended the program. This was, of course, a long time ago, back when Americans still undertook expensive, daring construction projects and believed the House of Representatives had a large number of fairly intelligent people.

But about the Higgs boson. As Dennis Overbye explained in The Times, it is “the only manifestation of an invisible force field, a cosmic molasses that permeates space and imbues elementary particles with mass.” And we have so many questions. Does it provide evidence of the existence of parallel worlds? If so, is it possible to move to one that doesn’t have Michele Bachmann?

Most of all, however, we want to know who this helps in the election:

WOLFEBORO, N.H. — Mitt Romney today denounced Barack Obama for allowing Europe to beat the United States at particle physics research. Under his administration, Romney vowed, “All particles that bind the earth together will be discovered in America, by Americans and for Americans.”

Under questioning from reporters, Romney said that his favorite kind of subatomic particle is the fermion.

SOMEWHERE ON A BUS — Speaking to a crowd of blue-collar workers in Ohio, President Barack Obama hailed the scientific news from Geneva as “a great moment in history, not unlike my rescue of the auto industry.” The physicists who made the discovery, Obama noted, all had health insurance.

TRENTON — Gov. Chris Christie today called for the privatization of the Higgs boson. “Binding the earth together is something that could be handled much more efficiently by the for-profit sector,” the Republican governor and deeply available vice-presidential prospect said. “Auctioning off the rights to the Higgs boson will create American jobs and balance American budgets.”

When a reporter noted that the boson was discovered in Switzerland, Christie called him “stupid” and “off-topic.”

CEDAR FALLS, IOWA — Rick Santorum today denounced the European Organization for Nuclear Research for discovering something that is nicknamed the God particle. “If God had wanted there to be a particle, he’d have given it to Adam and Eve,” said Santorum, who is traveling through the Hawkeye State this week because, really, he doesn’t have much else to do.

WOLFEBORO, N.H. — Aides to Mitt Romney said the former governor’s favorite kind of subatomic particle is actually the boson.

SOMEWHERE ELSE ON A BUS — President Barack Obama told a crowd of blue-collar workers that there have been more Higgs bosons discovered during his administration than during those of both George Bushes combined.

WOLFEBORO, N.H. — Mitt Romney said today that when he called for an American effort to beat the Europeans in particle physics research, he did not actually mean spending money to build a supercollider, but merely “the need for our physicists to think harder.” The Republican presidential contender said he believed this could be accomplished by “the elimination of onerous, physics-research-killing regulations.”

JUST OUTSIDE OF WOLFEBORO, N.H. — Protesters today passed out cartoons of Mitt Romney with a large, cuddly looking Higgs boson strapped to a crate on the front of his jet ski.

WASHINGTON — Surrogates for Barack Obama and Mitt Romney sparred over the meaning of the potential discovery of the Higgs boson. On “Meet the Press,” Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana called it “a questionable throw of the dice by the same folks who gave us the euro.”

On “Face the Nation,” David Axelrod, the Obama campaign communications director, said that if the Large Hadron Collider had been acquired by Bain Capital it would have been “burdened with debt and sold for scrap metal” and that Romney would be “the most anti-physics president since Franklin Pierce.”

NEW YORK — Donald Trump told reporters that “my people in Hong Kong” have uncovered evidence that America’s failure to take the lead in subatomic particle research was because of a conspiracy between the Obama administration and unnamed Chinese industrialists. He also said that he had invited the Higgs boson to be a contender on “All-Star Celebrity Apprentice.”
!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 03:40:32 PM »
July 6, 2012

Our Political Black Hole
By GAIL COLLINS

Scientists in Geneva announced this week that they had found a new subatomic particle that they were 99.999999 percent sure was the elusive Higgs boson, nicknamed the “God particle.” Even though we had no earthly idea what that meant, we were definitely excited.

It’s given us so much to think about: how existence began, the structure of the universe, the difference between bosons and fermions. And, of course, what it will mean to the presidential race.

The first thing all patriotic Americans are going to want to know is why something this important happened elsewhere. The Large Hadron Collider, where the physicists did the work, was built by the European Organization for Nuclear Research. We were building a Superconducting Super Collider of our own, in Waxahachie, Tex., but Congress stopped the financing for it in 1993.

“It’s disheartening that a large number of fairly intelligent people could do such a thing,” said Leon Lederman, a Nobel Prize-winning physicist, when the budget-cutting House of Representatives ended the program. This was, of course, a long time ago, back when Americans still undertook expensive, daring construction projects and believed the House of Representatives had a large number of fairly intelligent people.

But about the Higgs boson. As Dennis Overbye explained in The Times, it is “the only manifestation of an invisible force field, a cosmic molasses that permeates space and imbues elementary particles with mass.” And we have so many questions. Does it provide evidence of the existence of parallel worlds? If so, is it possible to move to one that doesn’t have Michele Bachmann?

Most of all, however, we want to know who this helps in the election:

WOLFEBORO, N.H. — Mitt Romney today denounced Barack Obama for allowing Europe to beat the United States at particle physics research. Under his administration, Romney vowed, “All particles that bind the earth together will be discovered in America, by Americans and for Americans.”

Under questioning from reporters, Romney said that his favorite kind of subatomic particle is the fermion.

SOMEWHERE ON A BUS — Speaking to a crowd of blue-collar workers in Ohio, President Barack Obama hailed the scientific news from Geneva as “a great moment in history, not unlike my rescue of the auto industry.” The physicists who made the discovery, Obama noted, all had health insurance.

TRENTON — Gov. Chris Christie today called for the privatization of the Higgs boson. “Binding the earth together is something that could be handled much more efficiently by the for-profit sector,” the Republican governor and deeply available vice-presidential prospect said. “Auctioning off the rights to the Higgs boson will create American jobs and balance American budgets.”

When a reporter noted that the boson was discovered in Switzerland, Christie called him “stupid” and “off-topic.”

CEDAR FALLS, IOWA — Rick Santorum today denounced the European Organization for Nuclear Research for discovering something that is nicknamed the God particle. “If God had wanted there to be a particle, he’d have given it to Adam and Eve,” said Santorum, who is traveling through the Hawkeye State this week because, really, he doesn’t have much else to do.

WOLFEBORO, N.H. — Aides to Mitt Romney said the former governor’s favorite kind of subatomic particle is actually the boson.

SOMEWHERE ELSE ON A BUS — President Barack Obama told a crowd of blue-collar workers that there have been more Higgs bosons discovered during his administration than during those of both George Bushes combined.

WOLFEBORO, N.H. — Mitt Romney said today that when he called for an American effort to beat the Europeans in particle physics research, he did not actually mean spending money to build a supercollider, but merely “the need for our physicists to think harder.” The Republican presidential contender said he believed this could be accomplished by “the elimination of onerous, physics-research-killing regulations.”

JUST OUTSIDE OF WOLFEBORO, N.H. — Protesters today passed out cartoons of Mitt Romney with a large, cuddly looking Higgs boson strapped to a crate on the front of his jet ski.

WASHINGTON — Surrogates for Barack Obama and Mitt Romney sparred over the meaning of the potential discovery of the Higgs boson. On “Meet the Press,” Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana called it “a questionable throw of the dice by the same folks who gave us the euro.”

On “Face the Nation,” David Axelrod, the Obama campaign communications director, said that if the Large Hadron Collider had been acquired by Bain Capital it would have been “burdened with debt and sold for scrap metal” and that Romney would be “the most anti-physics president since Franklin Pierce.”

NEW YORK — Donald Trump told reporters that “my people in Hong Kong” have uncovered evidence that America’s failure to take the lead in subatomic particle research was because of a conspiracy between the Obama administration and unnamed Chinese industrialists. He also said that he had invited the Higgs boson to be a contender on “All-Star Celebrity Apprentice.”

Zzz Zzz Zzz.  Thanks bro, next time post the cliffs notes using your own intellect to decifer this shit. Fuck you and fuck obama.

eldogg4life

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 03:47:39 PM »

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 04:00:14 PM »

Zzz Zzz Zzz.  Thanks bro, next time post the cliffs notes using your own intellect to decifer this shit. Fuck you and fuck obama.
Sorry to post something far too challenging for your little brain to handle "irongrip400". I forgot that anything more than a paragraph takes you at least an hour to get through with the help of a dictionary.  :(

Don't worry, five more years and your long national nightmare will end. ;D

!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 04:33:53 PM »
  so god felt the need to create this to start life as we know it?  uh... not buying it...

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 04:59:33 PM »
  so god felt the need to create this to start life as we know it?  uh... not buying it...

"God" particle is just a name, short form of "goddamn particle".

Easier than calling it the Falcon Particle I guess.

the trainer

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 06:16:25 PM »

It is an object that come out of my dick when i bust a nut it has the ability to create life  when it touches a pussy, but since you bust your nut on the computer keyboard your object becomes null and void and we simply call it a useless particle.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 06:33:43 PM »
Higgs boson was sent to earth by Satan to trick us.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 06:37:02 PM »
Boy this particle has eliminated God.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 07:30:14 PM »
billions of dollars spent, they need to announce something, its all a load of BS

whatever you tell me, no one can explain the start, things didnt just happen on their own,

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 07:35:27 PM »
Boy this particle has eliminated God.

Yes, what they can't seem to figure out is God created the particle..LOL.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »

Which God?  Oh let me guess...the Christian God.  ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 08:05:00 PM »
Which God?  Oh let me guess...the Christian God.  ::)

Yep.

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 08:21:17 PM »
Sorry to post something far too challenging for your little brain to handle "irongrip400". I forgot that anything more than a paragraph takes you at least an hour to get through with the help of a dictionary.  :(

Don't worry, five more years and your long national nightmare will end. ;D

This mud duck cuts and pastes garbage that it can't even read, then it accuses others of needing dictionaries? Tell the spook to fuck off! Worthless just like the rest of 'em.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »

That is total bull and a wild statement with no evidence to back up your statement. Totally based on faith, which does not say much. LOL LOL
X

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 08:31:51 PM »
These morons  listen to the demon Allah about the bozo particle, meanwhile BDB time travels like it's going out of style.

Do you prefer to go forwards in time or backwards in time BDB?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 08:37:00 PM »
Do you prefer to go forwards in time or backwards in time BDB?

I think BDB could do both at the same time  :o :o
X

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 08:37:17 PM »
10 Billion dollars...

Todays war on terror cost what 10 times that much? just imagine what we could do with all that money.

Imagine where we would be today if only "they" realized the types of people who were behind the "dark ages"