Author Topic: Anderson Silva brought Steven Segal with him to the fight!  (Read 15895 times)

reclifter

• Getbig III
  • This is what I see.
Re: Anderson Silva brought Steven Segal with him to the fight!
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2012, 02:11:38 PM »

Ironic too reclfter is attacking his pimp in his favorite topic MMA...

Nothing but a bunch of supetroopers on here.

Got it all figured out.

You guys live for this shit.

reclifter

• Getbig III
  • This is what I see.
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2012, 02:13:13 PM »
You are not important to me.

But you care enough to attack me.

I get it...

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2012, 02:19:23 PM »
R

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2012, 02:21:46 PM »
 that is my old friend Santos  at the old Hayastan back in the day

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2012, 02:23:36 PM »
  who shoots a double with their head up?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2012, 02:24:30 PM »
 :D
R

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2012, 02:33:37 PM »
:D

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2012, 02:43:52 PM »
A few fights in the ufc and pride were obvious fixes. Don Frye/ Mark Hall. John Mccarthy commented that Hall simply fell into Fryes submission. Hall even complained later that he was supposed to get paid for that but never did. Some pride matches were probably fixed but all of them?  Did quinton agree to be brutalized and left hanging on the ropes with blood dribbing out of his mouth? Did fedor risk potential injury by agreeing to be dropped on his head so he can win via submission? A large majority of fights are legit.

Its amusing that people take everything chael says so seriously. His own team mates have said that when he's on camera its hard to tell when "serious" chael and "camera" chael show up. He mixes both personas very well. Off camera he's apparently a different cat. Chael does what he needs to do to sell a fight. He only started this trash talking persona recently and its working. He got a lot of attention and a potential future career as a commentator lined up. As for chael saying all that pride fights were fixed.....i'd have to listen to the podcast but its safe to say that it was " camera" chael doing the talking.  Lets dispense with the conspiracy theories.  Besides he made a mistake in the heat of the moment with that elbow and paid for it during the fight. It happens.

He's not saying that. He's saying that the fixed fights were for the most part those involving Wanderlei and Cro Cop. Which is totally believable considering the Yakuza have been rumored to be involved in Pride for years. Wanderlei couldn't even beat Franklin who is a year older and basically a gatekeeper now. Yet in Pride he had the record for the most ko victories.

Probably a lot of Fedors fights were fixed too.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »
He's not saying that. He's saying that the fixed fights were for the most part those involving Wanderlei and Cro Cop. Which is totally believable considering the Yakuza have been rumored to be involved in Pride for years. Wanderlei couldn't even beat Franklin who is a year older and basically a gatekeeper now. Yet in Pride he had the record for the most ko victories.

Probably a lot of Fedors fights were fixed too.
Crocop, Wandy, Fedor, and Rampage were all younger and juiced to the gills in Pride.  They were legit.  Everyone has to lose they're skills at some point.

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »
I know.  Don't these kids ever learn?

Che, I agree with graciebjj, I think a superfight between Silva and Jones would be the biggest UFC fight ever.

I'd even go as far as to say that Silva should declare his retirement and sign up for one more fight (versus Jones) and then leave the UFC while on top and with legend status.

What say you?

"1"

I don't agree. it would be very difficult for Jones to drop that much weight. Anderson can't even convincingly beat Sonnen. We watched him get smacked around by Sonnen and completely controlled throughout the first round, before Sonnen gave up or threw the fight. You think he has a chance against Jones? He'd be tossed around at Jones' whim. It would be a very one sided beating.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2012, 02:47:56 PM »
  father time whips that ass

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2012, 02:55:22 PM »
Crocop, Wandy, Fedor, and Rampage were all younger and juiced to the gills in Pride.  They were legit.  Everyone has to lose they're skills at some point.

Franklin is a subpar fighter and older than Wandy. Chuck Liddell is brain damaged and older than Wandy...
I've heard these excuses before and it's not believable anymore. Prides ko king did nothing in the UFC. He was made to look good in Pride because he went ape shit on guys that were paid to go down.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2012, 03:04:37 PM »
Franklin is a subpar fighter and older than Wandy. Chuck Liddell is brain damaged and older than Wandy...
I've heard these excuses before and it's not believable anymore. Prides ko king did nothing in the UFC. He was made to look good in Pride because he went ape shit on guys that were paid to go down.
Most of the guys he fought were jap cans.  Japanese fighters were not on the same level.  Don't you think they would fix the fights to have the Japanese win a little more?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »
Any two guys fighting for money,
no way the fight is fair.

meaning, that any time money is involved... no pure result can be assured

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2012, 03:21:34 PM »
pride fighting championships was cool, i just thought there where to many freak show fights though. i liked it most from 97 to 2004.
R

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2012, 03:25:59 PM »
Most of the guys he fought were jap cans.  Japanese fighters were not on the same level.  Don't you think they would fix the fights to have the Japanese win a little more?

Yes, I would think so and I'm sure they did fix a lot of the Japanese fighters matches too.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2012, 07:02:24 PM »
  that is written by dave m. of red belt

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2012, 07:07:51 PM »
Steven Segal action figure your arguments are invalid

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2012, 09:39:53 PM »
You cannot knee a downed opponent in the head...you can knee him in the body.  Silva cranked that knee squarely into Sonnen's body...it's the same strike Evans used to derail Tito Ortiz in their fight.  Perfectly legal and very effective.
He kneed him right in the solar plexus.  Silva knew exactly what he was doing.

Silva being taller then Sonnen, Sonnen sitting on his butt, how would Silva be able to drive his knee in Sonnen's chest?
Put your girlfriend to sit down on the floor and stand in front of her and see if your knee reaches her head or her solar. You would have to go down more on the other knee to be able to reach her solar.
While she's sitting down there anyway, get down on 1 knee and give her your flute: perfect height. Enjoy, you're welcome  ;)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2012, 09:48:30 PM »
Silva being taller then Sonnen, Sonnen sitting on his butt, how would Silva be able to drive his knee in Sonnen's chest?
Put your girlfriend to sit down on the floor and stand in front of her and see if your knee reaches her head or her solar. You would have to go down more on the other knee to be able to reach her solar.
While she's sitting down there anyway, get down on 1 knee and give her your flute: perfect height. Enjoy, you're welcome  ;)

Ummm, maybe because he's one of the most accurate strikers in history, and he aimed for his chest ?

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »
While she's sitting down there anyway, get down on 1 knee and give her your flute: perfect height. Enjoy, you're welcome  ;)

Some of the vids have a bad angle of the knee, with the ref in the way.  This one shows it from two angles, and in the clearest view it's apparent that Silva is in fact descending as he brings in the knee; he almost slides in with the knee.  He's not going after Sonnen's head.

Check it out at 3:45

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2012, 10:09:17 PM »
Ummm, maybe because he's one of the most accurate strikers in history, and he aimed for his chest?

Ummm, not really, no...

Some of the vids have a bad angle of the knee, with the ref in the way.  This one shows it from two angles, and in the clearest view it's apparent that Silva is in fact descending as he brings in the knee; he almost slides in with the knee.  He's not going after Sonnen's head.
Check it out at 3:45

Yes you are right, I see it now, thanks

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2012, 10:11:45 PM »
For all you who have watched the Rogan Podcast. Supposedly the rumor goes that after Rogan found out that Chael was foreshadowing(fucking with him) he was extremely pissed. Chael talked about fake MMA fights, fake Bigfoot and bigfoot suits, DB COOPER. He led Rogan into a rant about a bigfoot video which everyone on the planet knows is fake yet Chael told Rogan he believed it to be real. Rogan took the bait and ran with it. Only to have Chael passive aggressively say to Rogan, "you're right now that I look at it that way". Rogan didn't know what Chael was doing at the time but later found out and was pissed that he now looks like a fool. And all of this leading up to a fixed MMA fight that Chael did for a huge payday with Silva. Watch the podcast people. Chael is telling you exactly whats going on.

Why didn't Dana or Rogan take that podcast down or broadcast it anyway if it was going to be damaging for MMA/UFC?
Was it a live podcast at the time?

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2012, 10:23:15 PM »
Silva fights like a bitch. Most of the time he waits for the other guy to press and then hit the guy when he is exposed. Silva rarely attacks himself, what a beta bitch.
all drugs - TPPIIP

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2012, 10:38:04 PM »
Silva fights like a bitch. Most of the time he waits for the other guy to press and then hit the guy when he is exposed. Silva rarely attacks himself, what a beta bitch.

Makes the guys losing to him bigger bitches though.