Author Topic: add fat  (Read 1295 times)

enhancer

• Getbig II
add fat
« on: July 14, 2012, 03:54:33 AM »
hi can any 1 tell me if you use natural peanut butter after a workout,blended in a shake ,would the oil in p butter make the body store as fat as sugar levels are at a low? ??? ???

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: add fat
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 08:17:17 AM »
hi can any 1 tell me if you use natural peanut butter after a workout,blended in a shake ,would the oil in p butter make the body store as fat as sugar levels are at a low? ??? ???

You trying to add mass or cut up?

Storing fat has more to do with excess daily calories.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 02:15:50 PM »

No.  Fat does not affect insulin levels and slows down the absorption of carbs.  Fat not recommended post-workout.
:

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 02:17:45 PM »

If your having a shake with high Glycemic carbs I wouldn't do it,if not then go ahead

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 02:38:56 PM »

No.  Fat does not affect insulin levels and slows down the absorption of carbs.  Fat not recommended post-workout.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 03:57:37 PM »

^THIS^

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 04:33:09 PM »
I eat a meal post workout...difference between that and a shake with high g.i carbs is negligable imo.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 06:47:13 PM »
I eat a meal post workout...difference between that and a shake with high g.i carbs is negligable imo.

Depends on what that meal consists of...
:

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 04:35:45 AM »
Depends on what that meal consists of...

I do try to keep this a carb/protein meal with minimal fats. So something a long the lines of rice and chicken breast. To me that post workout window of opportunity is a little exaggerated and also the glycemic index means nothing when eating a mixed meal. The shake is digested much faster but if you're eating properly throughout the day I think we can forget this whole omg I'm going catabolic gimme a glucose/whey shake asap.