Author Topic: WYHI  (Read 4990 times)

booty

• Getbig V
Re: WYHI
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 07:50:38 PM »
Yes, my mum is in her 70's and there are Aussies that look a *lot* worse who are 20 years younger.  The English skin doesn't cope with the sun down under...

The climate is really harsh here and the ultravoilet rays are really strong.  You have to wear sunscreen 30+ every single day in order to prevent alot of sun damage.  I will give you an example..when I was in Zurich in august 2010 I went without any makeup or sunscreen for a couple of hours and sat in the sun and I didn't even feel any sting from the sun rays or get any sunburn etc.  Back home in australia I wear 30+ sunscreen at 5am in summer when I do my brisk walking outdoors.  By 6.30am its too hot to walk here.  That is the difference.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2012, 10:30:19 PM »
The climate is really harsh here and the ultravoilet rays are really strong.  You have to wear sunscreen 30+ every single day in order to prevent alot of sun damage.  I will give you an example..when I was in Zurich in august 2010 I went without any makeup or sunscreen for a couple of hours and sat in the sun and I didn't even feel any sting from the sun rays or get any sunburn etc.  Back home in australia I wear 30+ sunscreen at 5am in summer when I do my brisk walking outdoors.  By 6.30am its too hot to walk here.  That is the difference.

Very true. Since moving to Germany I've had a lot a people tell me they can recognise Australians very easily because we all look older than we are.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 10:44:50 PM »
Sharon stone has spent two thirds of her life in tanning beds, so beware marrying a tan junkie...