Author Topic: How can ANYONE vote republican after this?!!  (Read 1191 times)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: How can ANYONE vote republican after this?!!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 11:34:39 AM »
GOP Blocks Bill to Punish Companies that Move Jobs Abroad

to be fair... ah crap, i dunno.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 11:38:12 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20017896-503544.html

Republicans, with help from a handful of Democrats, used a filibuster to block a measure that would have used the tax code to punish big companies that shut U.S. manufacturing plants and move the jobs overseas.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
Republicans, with help from a handful of Democrats, used a filibuster to block a measure that would have used the tax code to punish big companies that shut U.S. manufacturing plants and move the jobs overseas.

Yes a handful.

The gop is 99% shit and the dem are a handful of shit.

So again the GOP is clearly the ones destroying our economy and you support them?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 12:12:49 PM »
Anyone know the specifics of this bill?

Whenever I see the word "Punish" attached to legislation I get a bit worried.

If GE moves production centers or tech research to another nation, how are they punished in accordance with this bill?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 01:14:59 PM »
Anyone know the specifics of this bill?

Whenever I see the word "Punish" attached to legislation I get a bit worried.

If GE moves production centers or tech research to another nation, how are they punished in accordance with this bill?

Agree.  Sounds bad, but I'd like to know what was in the bill. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 01:28:26 PM »
f

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 02:47:22 AM »
Bump for the hypocritical fuck 333... who claims Obama is killing the economy and yet kneepad the party that is mostly responsible for the unemployment in the US

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 05:09:05 AM »
Bump for the hypocritical fuck 333... who claims Obama is killing the economy and yet kneepad the party that is mostly responsible for the unemployment in the US

Bullshit.

Prove it.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 07:50:48 AM »
Isn't it true that Republicans are generally for tax breaks to move companies overseas?  Why is this?  Why would they be for this (if they are not the company owners)?

Why would there even be "tax breaks" for doing this?

I don't know what the tax breaks are so maybe that is (one of the reasons) why I don't understand this position. 
R

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 08:14:03 AM »
Isn't it true that Republicans are generally for tax breaks to move companies overseas?  Why is this?  Why would they be for this (if they are not the company owners)?

Why would there even be "tax breaks" for doing this?

I don't know what the tax breaks are so maybe that is (one of the reasons) why I don't understand this position. 

Well, the Democrats had a super-majority in Congress and held the White House for a pretty good chunk of time, yet they didn't pass any bills that would take these tax breaks away. Why would they wait until the Republicans gained control of the house and added more Senate seats to bring this bill up? I mean, they could have passed it a year or so ago with no problems...

Interesting.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 08:26:46 AM »
Well, the Democrats had a super-majority in Congress and held the White House for a pretty good chunk of time, yet they didn't pass any bills that would take these tax breaks away. Why would they wait until the Republicans gained control of the house and added more Senate seats to bring this bill up? I mean, they could have passed it a year or so ago with no problems...

Interesting.

they had a super-majority for 11 working days,i guess if you call that a good chunk of time

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 08:29:05 AM »
they had a super-majority for 11 working days,i guess if you call that a good chunk of time

Why wait until a few months before the election? I would think that the Democrats were in a far stronger position in the recent past compared to 7/17/2012, right?

Why wait?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 08:32:07 AM »

Yet they rammed through Obamacare instead? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 08:33:52 AM »
Why wait until a few months before the election? I would think that the Democrats were in a far stronger position in the recent past compared to 7/17/2012, right?

Why wait?

they still were not filibuster-proof so they were not stronger or weaker,you know it's politics

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 08:35:57 AM »
they still were not filibuster-proof so they were not stronger or weaker,you know it's politics

Yet they got obamacare correct which was for more unpopluar than this right? 

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 08:44:57 AM »

I know it's politics.

Just interesting that people bitch and accuse the Republicans of this and that when the Democrats were certainly in a far stronger position in the recent past and more able to pass a bill such as this yet they wait until after the Republicans get the House to try and push this through.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 01:38:06 PM »
Hoyer: Food Stamps, Unemployment Insurance 2 'Most Stimulative' Things for Economy
 CNSNews ^

Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hoyer: Food Stamps, Unemployment Insurance 2 'Most Stimulative' Things for Economy By Elizabeth Harrington July 17, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said Tuesday that food stamps and unemployment insurance are the two "most stimulative" t things you can do for the economy.

During a pen and pad briefing with reporters on Capitol Hill, Hoyer was asked if any Democrats are “reconsidering the wisdom” of letting the Bush tax cuts expire at year’s end for the top income earners given the still struggling U.S. economy.

"I haven’t talked to any who are of that mind," said Hoyer. "If you talk to economists, they will tell you there are two things that are the most stimulative that you can do -- one’s unemployment insurance, the other’s food stamps, okay?”

“Why is that?” he said. “Because those folks who receive those resources must spend them. And they’ll spend them almost upon receipt. Most economists with whom I talk believe that those with significant discretionary income, that that’s not the case.”

Unless action is taken by Congress, the Bush tax cuts will expire on Jan. 1, 2013. Originally enacted in 2001 and 2003, President Barack Obama and Congress renewed the cuts for all income-brackets for two years in 2010.

Obama and the Democrats are now proposing that the rates be extended for one more year, until the end of 2013, for people earning less than $250,000 a year, while Republicans want the rates extended for people in all income brackets.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...