Author Topic: Should Romney announce VP selection to dull the Bain attacks?  (Read 523 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
he has 8 of the top voices of his own party calling for his tax records.  Adding the veep pick would take that out of the news.  A good idea?

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
Re: Should Romney announce VP selection to dull the Bain attacks?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 06:00:10 PM »
he has 8 of the top voices of his own party calling for his tax records.  Adding the veep pick would take that out of the news.  A good idea?

Only if he needs the VP-announcement boost because the Bain attacks are causing his numbers to slip.  

If the attacks aren't causing a slide in the polls, why toss out your number-boosting trump card as a response?  I'd say that the most interesting aspect on this topic is if he's able to hold steady with Obama through the Bain flurry without needing the VP announcement.  If he gets to choose when, where, and how to use the VP bump to its maximum benefit.

I don't see any reason for the massive spending on attack ads (especially considering he's not bringing in money like expected and a disproportionately large chunk of the money he has raised is going to be gone before it's even late-summer) other than to force Romney to rush into the VP announcement before he's ready.  What else is there in July?  The public is too fickle to gain any serious level of permanent opinion change...there's no other reason than to hope for a repeat of Palin by forcing Romney into a hasty announcement.  

*By "repeat of Palin," I don't mean that Palin hurt the McCain campaign directly...I mean that she gave the Obama campaign so much to work with in their own campaign.  Neither side is really all that gun-ho FOR their side....but they'll work themselves into a frenzy over their positions AGAINST the other side.  People aren't voting for Romney....they're voting against Obama.  If Obama can find a way to get people to vote against Romney, he'll have his best chance for re-election
Y

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 06:54:51 PM »
Romney should drop out of the race and encourage supporters to endorse Ron Paul... ;D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 06:57:39 PM »
Romney should drop out of the race and encourage supporters to endorse Ron Paul... ;D

8)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 01:47:00 AM »

Only if he needs the VP-announcement boost because the Bain attacks are causing his numbers to slip.  

If the attacks aren't causing a slide in the polls, why toss out your number-boosting trump card as a response?  I'd say that the most interesting aspect on this topic is if he's able to hold steady with Obama through the Bain flurry without needing the VP announcement.  If he gets to choose when, where, and how to use the VP bump to its maximum benefit.

I don't see any reason for the massive spending on attack ads (especially considering he's not bringing in money like expected and a disproportionately large chunk of the money he has raised is going to be gone before it's even late-summer) other than to force Romney to rush into the VP announcement before he's ready.  What else is there in July?  The public is too fickle to gain any serious level of permanent opinion change...there's no other reason than to hope for a repeat of Palin by forcing Romney into a hasty announcement.  

*By "repeat of Palin," I don't mean that Palin hurt the McCain campaign directly...I mean that she gave the Obama campaign so much to work with in their own campaign.  Neither side is really all that gun-ho FOR their side....but they'll work themselves into a frenzy over their positions AGAINST the other side.  People aren't voting for Romney....they're voting against Obama.  If Obama can find a way to get people to vote against Romney, he'll have his best chance for re-election

You were trolling us in that other thread weren't you!!!  ;D

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 03:02:00 AM »

+10000

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails