Author Topic: Will Arnold REALLY bounce back?  (Read 12658 times)

MikMaq

Re: Will Arnold REALLY bounce back?
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2012, 03:27:18 PM »
Arnold was always like that. After he retired, he got off the juice and got skinny and he didn't care how he looked to other people. He's always been confident in himself and, like you said, comfortable in his own skin.
That's why there's like 3 pictures of him off juice between 1970 and 1980  ::) . He's a smart man and only lets others see what he wants them to see. Just because he's self aware enough to not look insecure like stallone does not make him any less vain, in fact his heightened awareness would imply just the opposite.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2012, 06:50:40 PM »
sly with those stupid tennis shoes that have lifts

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2012, 07:11:41 PM »
I'll take a guess that Arnold stayed in Hollywood so he could help push the One World Government agenda through his films.

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2012, 07:24:48 PM »
That's why there's like 3 pictures of him off juice between 1970 and 1980  ::) . He's a smart man and only lets others see what he wants them to see. Just because he's self aware enough to not look insecure like stallone does not make him any less vain, in fact his heightened awareness would imply just the opposite.

There's a ton of pictures of him off the drugs from '76-'80.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »
  arnold's arms just made me throw up

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2012, 11:58:59 PM »
 :)

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2012, 06:15:45 AM »
Heightened awareness?  Of what ?  There are thousands of pictures out there where Arnold is not in shape. Back in 1977 when Arnold visited Cannes to launch Pumping Iron he must have weighed 205 but he is on film in his trunks without a care.

Arnold is a crap actor and is almost laughable when it comes to his weird accent which has stayed with him for 45 years. Franco is the same. I know Italians and Germans who have only known english for a few years and have subtle accents but Arnold and Franco still sound like they just arrived off the boat and are reading english from a translation book lol. Almost as if they are a parody of themselves like Hans and Franz.

But Arnold is full of confidence, no doubt about that.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »
Eat Shit big Al ,the mans a fucking legend and an epic success, he goes to another country has has them talking like him by the time he's done.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2012, 05:16:28 PM »
bet you look like a goat too

Well of course he does, he is the Greatest of All Time after all.

MikMaq

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2012, 06:16:26 PM »
Heightened awareness?  Of what ?  There are thousands of pictures out there where Arnold is not in shape. Back in 1977 when Arnold visited Cannes to launch Pumping Iron he must have weighed 205 but he is on film in his trunks without a care.

Arnold is a crap actor and is almost laughable when it comes to his weird accent which has stayed with him for 45 years. Franco is the same. I know Italians and Germans who have only known english for a few years and have subtle accents but Arnold and Franco still sound like they just arrived off the boat and are reading english from a translation book lol. Almost as if they are a parody of themselves like Hans and Franz.

Than where are these picks I've seen like 3/4 in the last five years. ???

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »
  FOTB   :D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2012, 08:05:40 PM »
Arnold is a megalomaniac wanna be Dictator - Man is a wreck - refuses to grow up - victim of Nazi Style Child Rearing!
V

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2012, 07:21:18 AM »

Arnold is a megalomaniac wanna be Dictator - Man is a wreck - refuses to grow up - victim of Nazi Style Child Rearing!
;D ;D ;D ;D could not word it better myself...you have talent!

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2012, 07:36:14 AM »
He will put all you miserable doubters to shame..... >:(

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2012, 09:11:10 AM »

I'm sure he knows his accent is part of his character and the image he's created.
Imagine if he had learned to speak with an American accent? I don't think he would have had the same charisma or appeal.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2012, 09:14:20 AM »
exactly and yes he has an accent but it's nowhere near as hercules in new york times or even pumping iron for that matter
I'm sure he knows his accent is part of his character and the image he's created.
Imagine if he had learned to speak with an American accent? I don't think he would have had the same charisma or appeal.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2012, 09:15:56 AM »
Arnold looks great for 65.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2012, 09:38:24 AM »
yes Guys but when you consider how long the BIG OAK has been in the US ofA then you gotta ask yourself...what is wrong?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2012, 10:06:13 AM »
yes Guys but when you consider how long the BIG OAK has been in the US ofA then you gotta ask yourself...what is wrong?

What is wrong?
The guy has had several different successful careers?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2012, 10:08:44 AM »
What is wrong?
The guy has had several different successful careers?
talking about his English mate

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2012, 10:12:18 AM »

Never stopped him from becoming Actor or Governor

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2012, 10:14:40 AM »
As someone already said, it's part of the persona he's created.

Imagine if he had said 'I'll be back' in an American accent?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2012, 10:19:47 AM »
Never stopped him from becoming Actor or Governor
well i will   say he did his thing and very well..but as Governor...do be brief :( as an Actor.. crap. His dialog a 10 year old could do. I have lived some years in Germany and speak good enough German to pass Sport und fitnesskaufmann (ask stark) Arnold was also a Kaufmann, BuroKaufmann or Industriekaufmann. Arnold should really speak better English.  

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2012, 10:29:23 AM »
well i will   say he did his thing and very well..but as Governor...do be brief :( as an Actor.. crap. His dialog a 10 year old could do. I have lived some years in Germany and speak good enough German to pass Sport und fitnesskaufmann (ask stark) Arnold was also a Kaufmann, BuroKaufmann or Industriekaufmann. Arnold should really speak better English.  

People also advised him to change his name early on in his movie career....
His foreign name and accent only added to his appeal.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2012, 10:39:29 AM »
People also advised him to change his name early on in his movie career....
His foreign name and accent only added to his appeal.
whatever...he will always have his die hard fans like "Traps" or better known now in Getbig as "hench". I have to say he is a real fan of Arnold. Also a good guy.