Author Topic: pro price  (Read 7904 times)

enhancer

• Getbig II
pro price
« on: July 22, 2012, 08:25:06 AM »
any know how much money a pro bodybuilder would use on gear for say an olyimpia show? 8)

supernick

• Getbig IV
Re: pro price
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 09:27:39 AM »
ive herd its like the equivelent of a 4 year college tuition every year.. or somthing like that

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 12:16:17 PM »
seriously, do the math. it will all be speculation anyways but fig average price per 10 ml and how much you think they are taking per week times whatever the prep time is.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 01:06:52 PM »
Food would be 2k a month easy

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 05:29:01 PM »
King told a group of close friends at Bev's gym in NY that he spent 30k prepping for the O many years ago, not sure how long the time frame was though. The guy that told me this is not someone who would joke around and trained with King for a long time, he was actually in a mag article training with King years ago. He said GH and food were the most money and that most of his AAS was "sponsored". He also was getting supplements for free and he really used the shit out of them.

8)

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 04:50:48 AM »
I know that some non-pros spend around 10k for a prep so a real top tier pro who gets a lot of his "stuff" sponsored would probably spend like 50k's (easy)...

- And yes this "sport" makes no sense.  ;D
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 02:43:13 PM »
People blow these numbers up !!! GH depending on dosage is gonna be the most $, tren is cheap, test is cheap, d-bol is cheap. All the stuff like lasix and AI's are cheap, slin is cheap, t-3-t-4 cheap as well. Food and GH is gonna be the most.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »
People blow these numbers up !!! GH depending on dosage is gonna be the most $, tren is cheap, test is cheap, d-bol is cheap. All the stuff like lasix and AI's are cheap, slin is cheap, t-3-t-4 cheap as well. Food and GH is gonna be the most.

True. But if theyre using stuff like primo or var it can get expensive.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 02:45:04 PM »
True. But if theyre using stuff like primo or var it can get expensive.

Primo might be the most overrated steroid EVER!! and t-bol works 1000 times better than anavar. Problem solved  ;)

whitewidow

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 10:57:24 PM »
I think cuttler spends 5K on food a month. I doubt he gets his HGH for free,but he must have aot of chemist throwing him samples of gear wether he uses them or not is another question! He might buy his gear just like everybody else from a speciial chef who only cooks for him.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 02:50:43 PM »
I think cuttler spends 5K on food a month. I doubt he gets his HGH for free,but he must have aot of chemist throwing him samples of gear wether he uses them or not is another question! He might buy his gear just like everybody else from a speciial chef who only cooks for him.

5k a month ??......no, maybe like 2500 and that's with eating out. As for a special chemist, no. He buy's from a regular guy. Of course he get's a discount if he buys in bulk.

juicyjay

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 10:18:06 PM »
They honestly do not pay much at all money-wise. They are most all sponsored by UGL's who sell every item they may need for both off season and contest prep. How it works is, the lab provides free products or products at deep discounts, in exchange for the competitor to tell their friends both locally and people online on source boards, how great the said lab's products are, how fast they ship, etc. They promote and advertise for the company and get free gear in return. The other road that pros go down, is G4P, but everyone knows how that works lol.  :-*

whitewidow

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 03:51:15 AM »
5k a month ??......no, maybe like 2500 and that's with eating out. As for a special chemist, no. He buy's from a regular guy. Of course he get's a discount if he buys in bulk.

Jay spends 600$ just on sushi a week! It is documented in a interview jay estimated he spent at a minimum 5K a month. AS for who he gets gear from he probably gets free gear from alot of chefs. who knows what he ends up using.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 02:09:32 AM »
Jay spends 600$ just on sushi a week! It is documented in a interview jay estimated he spent at a minimum 5K a month. AS for who he gets gear from he probably gets free gear from alot of chefs. who knows what he ends up using.

Sorry my friend, I know Jay very well and he don't spend $5k a month on food. Most everywhere he goes on the strip people comp him. As for In & Out burger and T Madness which he eats all the time, and I can assure you that ain't breaking the bank I promise !! Maybe $3k, but he ain't spending $60,000 a year on food, at most 36-40 a year. As for the gear question he uses one guy and one guy only !! As far as documented in a interview, most all that shit in those interviews is overly hyped !!

whitewidow

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 04:40:41 AM »
Sorry my friend, I know Jay very well and he don't spend $5k a month on food. Most everywhere he goes on the strip people comp him. As for In & Out burger and T Madness which he eats all the time, and I can assure you that ain't breaking the bank I promise !! Maybe $3k, but he ain't spending $60,000 a year on food, at most 36-40 a year. As for the gear question he uses one guy and one guy only !! As far as documented in a interview, most all that shit in those interviews is overly hyped !!

he quoted 50K in the interview said he had a sushi addiction. restauraunts do not give out free food, even if you are jay cuttler. Not arguing but if he lied then shame on jay! he did say he spent alot of money out at that damn sushi restaurant.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 07:43:33 AM »
he quoted 50K in the interview said he had a sushi addiction. restauraunts do not give out free food, even if you are jay cuttler. Not arguing but if he lied then shame on jay! he did say he spent alot of money out at that damn sushi restaurant.
Like a restaurant gives a fuck if Mr. O eats there, right?

whitewidow

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 09:27:39 PM »

Exactly! They don't give a fck! he had a bad sushi addiction he said just 600 a week on just sushi. he did claim 5K a month but if he lied like caymore said then shame on Jay! I know jays diet is a little diffrent then alot of BB's. he eats more carbs then most.Even though they get free muscletech products I doubt they use them that much! They probaby have their own favorite protein powder.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 07:42:09 AM »

As a matter of fact they do...especially in Vegas.

whitewidow

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 12:16:45 AM »
Not many places are going to comp a Mr.O competitor unless they personally know him. It's not like he drives through Hot and now and gets free food! Vegas does comp aot of people but mostly hotels who comp big gamblers not bodybuilders. what would a restaurant have to gain by giving Jay free food? Jays diet is diffrent from most bodybuilders. Jay relys on carbs more then most pros. He does pay close to 50K a year coming from his own mouth but I guess he lied cause claymore knows him real well! they have trained together and see each other a few times a week. Could be possible Jay lied for the magazine article. But I could see some pros spending close to 50K. It is not that hard to do! Hell when I read that artice I felt better about the money I spend on food but now that I know it could be a lie I became depressed again.

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 10:08:21 AM »
Some are getting more results with less than others, gear and food wise.

darts

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 10:54:05 AM »

this.... friend of a friend is a stripper and apprently she gets comped everywhere she goes. Shes really hot, don't get me wrong - but there's an abundance of strippers just like her in vegas

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 12:30:51 PM »
I don't know exactly what some one like Jay will spend yearly  but I know that Kai, Jay, Ronnie, Dex have been known to drop 100 dollars on a single plate and sometime multiple times in a day, they are always on road too, they don't hold back on food at all and there are some expansive places that are frequently visited.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 02:28:41 PM »
I don't know exactly what some one like Jay will spend yearly  but I know that Kai, Jay, Ronnie, Dex have been known to drop 100 dollars on a single plate and sometime multiple times in a day, they are always on road too, they don't hold back on food at all and there are some expansive places that are frequently visited.

$100 dollars on a single plate of food ?? Where are they eating there meals at "Ruth's Chris" lol. Sorry guys but I use to train with Dex and I know Jay very well and they ain't dropping $100 a meal lol not unless there picking up everyone's tab and trust me when I say Dexter ain't picking up no ones tab !!!! He'll try to get someone else to pick up the tab !! LOL Anyway even if they were eating at outback three times a day, that's not $100 for three meals. The only person I know who spends more than $100 day on food who is a pro is Stan Efferding and the reason I know that is because he is my training partner. P.S. There's no pro out there who eats more food a day than Stan !!!!! I promise, he's a human garbage disposal.

big_pauly

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2012, 11:45:35 AM »

I just saw a video with kai green when he was coming back from a show and had a trophy with him...he sat down at IHOP and proceeded to  show the receipt a 98$ bill for one meal!!  he didnt stop eating...I always wished I could eat like that...the fact is they spend alot of $$ to eat!!

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »

Apparently it seems they have money to burn.

If they're gonna eat like rock stars, they are gonna pay like rock stars.

No food should cost $100 per meal. That's just rather ludicrous and profoundly stupid throwing $100 for every meal several times a day.