Author Topic: Thinking of moving to Australia  (Read 5208 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: Thinking of moving to Australia
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 01:25:07 AM »
I think it's easier for a yank to migrate to aussie than for an aussie to migrate to the usa.  One of my best friends married a yank and they set up home here rather than move to the usa. 

Home girl, you didn't answer the 30 yr old tag on a Visa. What's the deal with that?

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 01:27:25 AM »
Home girl, you didn't answer the 30 yr old tag on a Visa. What's the deal with that?
I have no idea but you can always marry me and then we both get our greencards.   ;D  We can live where we want...6 months in the usa and 6 months in aussieland. 

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 01:29:16 AM »
I think it's easier for a yank to migrate to aussie than for an aussie to migrate to the usa.  One of my best friends married a yank and they set up home here rather than move to the usa. 
I married an American, had a baby in Sydney, then applied for a green card and got it straight away. Key is to have that anchor baby with two passports.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 01:30:31 AM »
I have no idea but you can always marry me and then we both get our greencards.   ;D  We can live where we want...6 months in the usa and 6 months in aussieland. 
If you have a green card you have to live the majority of the time in the USA at least for the first several years.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 01:41:49 AM »
If you have a green card you have to live the majority of the time in the USA at least for the first several years.
Okay they still have quite strict guidelines.  I thought you would be able to move between the two countries. 

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 02:22:43 AM »
Australia is a good place to live.. Been living in Brisbane for the past 8 years..

Like most people said, overall the culture here are pretty relaxed..

Sydney is a city of bustling and hustling.. A little bit dirty and most people are rude compared to other cities like Melbourne / Brisbane.. Culture is rich
Melbourne is the place for nightlife and entertainment.. Very organised city with beautiful scenery around it.. Traffic rules are slightly different and trams are everywhere..
Brisbane is the smallest city among the 3 but also the most relaxing city.. If you're seeking for night life and entertainment, then Brisbane is not the place for you..

The MAJOR problem with Australia is their TV commercials.. Very very bad commercials and they are made by retards..
I am a mini beast

travisma

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 02:34:31 AM »
Ive live in South Australia, Victoria & NSW. Stayed in Brisbane for a while and work regularly in Perth....

Best city of them all is Melbourne. Best for Lifestyle.... Best for food.... Best for working out.. Dohertys...

Sydney is crap...So what they have a harbour and a bridge... Boring as bat shite...

Brisbane is ok...Not the best.... NEVER EVER LIVE ON THE GOLD COAST... Its a dump.. Property is crap. Cant sell one of my houses there unless i want to lose money...

Perth is awesome. You want to earn money go there... I have contracts with RIO TINTO earning lots of cash for the next three years. Basic roughneck job for Oil & Gas is $110k USD a year. Normally two weeks on two weeks off...  Lots go guys becoming drillers and working off shore and getting $250k a year TAX FREE....

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 03:03:38 AM »
Gold Coast never deserved the house prices it got to in 2006. Incomes there are way behind Sydney etc.

Max

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 04:21:31 AM »
Thanks for your input guys.
Im not from the US but the UK so living costs are probably higher over here then in Oz or the US.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 04:23:27 AM »
Give it a try.
Wanted to go there, but points were abysmal so over and out - understandable from their point of view and I wish such a system would have been in full force before europe became eurabia.
Friend of mine went there(mom was aussie) and she likes it way better than Austria.
If you're age limited(too old) try NewZealand.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 04:45:11 AM »
Max,  this is from an englishman, living in AU:

Petrol is about twice the price in the UK.  However, cars are hideously expensive in Australia.  You're going to live in a house about three times as large as what you had in the UK (and it will most likely be full detached), no matter what your income bracket  Roads are far larger, but in general, the driving skill is way worse.  In this country, it is possible to watch a car, and by its brand and "body language" figure out the nationality / class of person driving it.   Crime is no worse than the UK, guns are rarely heard of, though it is the fashion in the cities for psychopaths to kill innocent bystanders by punching them in the face, with them dying after they hit the concrete.  Sport is great, if you like it.  Pub culture is completely different.  Forget going to the pub for a social drink on a weekday.  Either you're going for binge drinking or you're not going (this is in cities).  If you value your pub as a meeting place, don't come here - it's not the same.

etc etc

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 06:29:03 AM »

If you were going to migrate independently, then you didn't have the qualifications or skills. You could've gotten sponsorship with the business if the $100k job was there and they needed you. Otherwise, you're full of shit. Just to let you know, they've raised the age limit to 50 years old as of 1 July but unless you get sponsorship from the state it's going to be tough as they've implemented an expression of interest model like NZ.

And yes, before you lay down your knowledge of Australian migration law, I do this shit for a living.

Max

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 02:21:21 PM »
Max,  this is from an englishman, living in AU:

Petrol is about twice the price in the UK.  However, cars are hideously expensive in Australia.  You're going to live in a house about three times as large as what you had in the UK (and it will most likely be full detached), no matter what your income bracket  Roads are far larger, but in general, the driving skill is way worse.  In this country, it is possible to watch a car, and by its brand and "body language" figure out the nationality / class of person driving it.   Crime is no worse than the UK, guns are rarely heard of, though it is the fashion in the cities for psychopaths to kill innocent bystanders by punching them in the face, with them dying after they hit the concrete.  Sport is great, if you like it.  Pub culture is completely different.  Forget going to the pub for a social drink on a weekday.  Either you're going for binge drinking or you're not going (this is in cities).  If you value your pub as a meeting place, don't come here - it's not the same.

etc etc

Cheers Rocket.
Not a huge pub fan. The rest sounds great though. Would be nice to have a place bigger than a shoe box!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 02:57:02 PM »
a lot of these. PIP

X

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 03:00:35 PM »

Wow that should be enough evidence to make a statement  :-X

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2012, 03:03:26 PM »

I know that Australia recently made some sort of immigration deal with the US... If you have a job in the US and it's of a certain criteria, you can move to Australia to do the same function with little effort.