Author Topic: Bob Costas  (Read 5519 times)

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
Bob Costas
« on: July 23, 2012, 01:14:58 AM »
I hate this guy. 

He looks like he's about 5'3 and 130 lbs.  I doubt he ever had even the most modest of success playing a sport.  I'm sick of looking at his tiny frail body on tv and listening to his verbose, self-important opinions.  He's such a hack too, always using the same tired-ass literary references and puns.  If he's talking about someone who plays for the Dodgers he'll say they were an "Artful Dodger".  Anytime he talked about Magic Johnson he'd say played out bullshit like "Do you believe in Magic".  At this point it's no longer witty or cute.  Can we move on with our lives please?

Seriously, fuck this guy.  The worst thing is that guys like him have a lifetime job.  I've had to put up with him since I was a kid and he's going to be calling games and voicing his opinion on every sports program until he fucking dies.  I can't take it anymore.  There are hundreds more just like him too.  Corny, jealous, hating-ass motherfuckers who love the players that are ass-kissers and denigrate the guys who are real.  And bitches like him are deciding who goes into the Hall of Fame.  What the fuck?  This shit right here is what has put me off of watching sports.  If I watch something on tv and he's involved I turn the fucking sound off.

You suck Bob
Come at me Bro!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bob Costas
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 11:20:10 AM »
true, he along with the jim lampley's, bryant grumble's sick of these self important dickheads..... what is their creds...... i remember lampley was broadcasting a fight on hbo when a riot broke out the little  wuss hid behind george foreman while he left his 10 year old daughter alone in the arena to fend for herself. a real man would have sent george foreman to go for his daughter and not tell him to stand in front of him to protect the coward.
F

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 03:35:31 AM »
I hate this guy. 

I'm sick of looking at his tiny frail body on tv and listening to his verbose, self-important opinions.  He's such a hack too, always using the same tired-ass literary references and puns. 

You suck Bob

I tend to agree.  The last time he made me laugh was in about 1983, when NBC was going to be running some Christmas-themed programming after a game one day, but showing "Conan the Barbarian" later that evening.  Bob was doing the promo for the programming and said, "...and at 8:00, the traditional holiday favorite 'Conan the Barbarian.' " 

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 05:27:05 AM »
I liked Tiki Barber at the Vancouver games when he called Jenna Wolfe a "total medal c un t" he lost his job because of it but it was the right thing to do.
time under tension

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 06:31:33 AM »
He has a great understanding of the history of sports but seems to be out of touch with athletes today. He tries to use big language to make him sound smarter but comes off as arrogant and pompus.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 08:52:00 AM »
So many sports people I know can't stand Costas, goes for the general public also. Can throw Bryant Grumble into the mix, where somehow he has to bring in some sort of racial comment about the unfairness of it all. If you want to preach brother , get a soapbox. Jim Lampley got diarrhea of the mouth, can he just stfu for 10 seconds.

Some people I know were associated with Jim Rome, when he was doing sports radio in San Diego, not the most liked and honest person by far. When trying to be too cool, you are usually not.
F

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 01:47:41 PM »
That's another one.  Jim Rome can suck my nuts.  I can't stand Peter Gammons from ESPN's Baseball Tonight either.
Come at me Bro!

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 09:18:52 PM »
So I turn on the olympics for 30 seconds and who do I see.  Bob fucking Costas. 

Then to make matters worse he's talking to that fugly turd Katie Couric. 

No olympics for me this year.
Come at me Bro!

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 09:30:27 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Buck do Bob's gig but only if Artie Lang was there too.

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »
I'd rather listen to Carrot Top's opinions about sports then Bob Costas.  I have nothing against Joe Buck..........yet.
Come at me Bro!

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 09:21:17 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Buck do Bob's gig but only if Artie Lang was there too.

No way I take buck over costas

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 03:20:55 PM »
No way I take buck over costas
buck isn't as arrogant yet.... ;D ;D ;D. i remember costa's sneaking in the  booth and surprising buck and tim mc, laughing that he would probably get them fired for allowing him in the booth. lamply is the biggest ass listen to him on boxing commentary nothing is happening and he starts talking the fight up like there's some great action in the ring. but if he's making one of his point the boxers better not score a KO because that will take second place to his point. >:(
F

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 04:33:37 PM »
I still say Bob Costas should have bitch slapped Vince McMahon when he had the chance.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 07:37:06 PM »
Bring back Jimmy the Greek. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 10:22:32 AM »
That's another one.  Jim Rome can suck my nuts.  I can't stand Peter Gammons from ESPN's Baseball Tonight either.
Gammons looks like a fucking Pelican.  All that floppy, loose, scrotum skin flapping away as he talks  :D

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 12:59:06 PM »
The main problem I have is not that these sports reporters are almost all douchebags.  They are, but what really bothers me is that there's no way to escape them.  If you like sports you are forced to see them and listen to them until they fucking die. 
Come at me Bro!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 09:06:36 PM »
How about Ryan Seacrest at the Olympics...WTF

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 10:12:59 AM »
Costas is a schmoe (wannabe)  this is the life he wants to live:

Renegade Miami schmoe
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=391948.0

:D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 01:39:24 PM »
on a more local front, i had to listen to harry kalass broadcast phillies games forever{may he rest in peace} was also voice for nfl films. guy wasn't really that knowledgable, he made numerous gaffs and blunders. he once asked robin ventura if he faced sandy koufax. koufax was done pitching before ventura was born. yet they erected a statue to kalass now i have to look at it when i go to CBP. :(
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 01:40:45 PM »
 ;D
F