Author Topic: Why i dont need guns or support them  (Read 13945 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: A fear of guns is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2013, 08:39:11 PM »
they dont even have to have a gun to be a threat to your life. You dont have to be involved in crime to be subject to its violence. Ive never been to jail, never been arrested and was never involved in criminal activity other than general stupid kid shit but have seen mulitple ppl shot/stabbed. Ive known multiple ppl that have been murdered not close personal friends but friends. My brother lived with a friend and his wife who were murdered during a home invasion, their kids were in bed sleeping when it happened, luckily my brother was not home at the time.

For you to sit there and make some of the assinine generalizations and statements you do really does show you know very little on the subject.

You say you dont want to take anybodies life like its in opposition to those that own guns ::)
who wants to take another persons life, it would tear me apart to have to kill another human being but if its between my, my family or friends and someone trying to kill them you better bet your ass im going to do everything in my power to make sure its the person trying to harm them.

You just cant seem to shake this moronic and idiotic view you have of gun owners. It is obvious in your posts you have a deep resentment toward them for whatever reason. Its also obvious that you cannot be objective on the subject because of it.

you really need to take a step back, take a breath and re-examine the entire issue.

You admit that in the end you are the only one who can protect you and your family. You admit that criminals are out there and intend to harm innocent ppl. you admit that you cannot protect yourself/family against ppl intent on doing you harm.

Yet you still rail against OTHERS rights to protect themselves. If you dont want to take steps to protect yourself and family against the threats you agree exist thats fine, but do not presume to tell others how they can and cannot protect themselves and families.
The issue is though, that the very thing you want to protect yourself is the very thing that has made your society so dangerous in the first place.  For you to have the right to own a gun, many other innocent people have to be killed or die for this, that doesn't sound like it is fair for those who have to pay the price with their lives.  It is a paradox, if everyone demands the right to own guns, then society will become incredibly unsafe, reinforcing the belief that a gun is needed to protect themselves, if everyone let go of their guns, society will become safer, lessening the need for citizens to own guns.

The view I have of gun owners as moronic is widely held, you only need to look at some examples of Gun Nutters like Timothy McVeigh and David Koresh and see how such a paranoid deluded ideology like the anti government stance that right wing gun nutters hold, soon turns into DEATH for many innocent people.  Like I said, you owning a gun, paradoxically endangers innocent people.  The more people who insist on owning guns the more innocent people who have to lose their lives to pay the price.  I could name many situations were gun owners were still killed by a gun even though they owned guns but were unable to access them.  I believe, and some studies bear this out, that by owning a gun, you are more likely to be injured or killed than if you don't during the committing of a crime. Your argument that a gun offers protection is questionable.
V

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2013, 08:50:19 PM »
The issue is though, that the very thing you want to protect yourself is the very thing that has made your society so dangerous in the first place.  For you to have the right to own a gun, many other innocent people have to be killed or die for this, that doesn't sound like it is fair for those who have to pay the price with their lives.  It is a paradox, if everyone demands the right to own guns, then society will become incredibly unsafe, reinforcing the belief that a gun is needed to protect themselves, if everyone let go of their guns, society will become safer, lessening the need for citizens to own guns.

The view I have of gun owners as moronic is widely held, you only need to look at some examples of Gun Nutters like Timothy McVeigh and David Koresh and see how such a paranoid deluded ideology like the anti government stance that right wing gun nutters hold, soon turns into DEATH for many innocent people.  Like I said, you owning a gun, paradoxically endangers innocent people.  The more people who insist on owning guns the more innocent people who have to lose their lives to pay the price.  I could name many situations were gun owners were still killed by a gun even though they owned guns but were unable to access them.  I believe, and some studies bear this out, that by owning a gun, you are more likely to be injured or killed than if you don't during the committing of a crime. Your argument that a gun offers protection is questionable.
Simply b/c you believe it to be widely held doesnt mean its correct.

the reason you feel this way and I use the word "FEEL" for a reason b/c you stance is based in emotion is b/c you incorrectly view the guns as the cause of the problem. The desire to kill will be present regardless, mcveigh used a bomb not a gun and others would too if a gun wasnt available. The shooter in aurura boobie trapped his apartment with bombs too but Im guessing you didnt know that.

For every country you point out to support your stance I can point out one that supports mine. The reason is that guns arent the problem!!!!

I never said owning a gun means you will protect yourself only that it gives you the ability to do so in a much more effective way that without one.

Your emotions are getting in the way, again take a step back, take a deep breath and look at it objectively without the preconcieved notions you have.

Serious question, have your anyone youve known had bad experiences with guns?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2013, 09:17:48 PM »
Simply b/c you believe it to be widely held doesnt mean its correct.

the reason you feel this way and I use the word "FEEL" for a reason b/c you stance is based in emotion is b/c you incorrectly view the guns as the cause of the problem. The desire to kill will be present regardless, mcveigh used a bomb not a gun and others would too if a gun wasnt available. The shooter in aurura boobie trapped his apartment with bombs too but Im guessing you didnt know that.

For every country you point out to support your stance I can point out one that supports mine. The reason is that guns arent the problem!!!!

I never said owning a gun means you will protect yourself only that it gives you the ability to do so in a much more effective way that without one.

Your emotions are getting in the way, again take a step back, take a deep breath and look at it objectively without the preconcieved notions you have.

Serious question, have your anyone youve known had bad experiences with guns?
It's odd you keep calling the other side emotional, I feel little to no emotion around the issue, it is simply common sense.  Personally, I have never met a group so emotional as the NRA and those that support the issue.  Let's take Alex Jones for example.  Honest, the people who are against gun control show far more emotion than those family members of mass murdered children who are the real victims.  And like most gun Nutters, you seem oblivious to your hysterical emotionality on the issue.

McVeigh was a classic Gun Nut, visiting Gun Shows and credits these shows for influencing his anti government stance.  The overly emotional, paranoid beliefs of the Gun Nutters is what shaped his desire to kill as many as possible.  And like you said, even if the ability for Crazies to get their hands on the appropriate weaponry is thwarted, the desire to kill will still be there.  Well I can live with that, the desire to kill is a far stretch from the actions of doing it.  I have known many people who have in the heat of the moment threatened to kill others, from children to the elderly, the emotions pass and they wonder what they were thinking, such is the nature of RAGE.  Many of the mass shooters have questioned immediately after why they took the actions they did, once the RAGE has passed.

And the Aurora shooter had a change of heart, and actually informed the authorities of his booby trap, the RAGE he felt had passed once he murdered masses of people.  And I disagree with your statement that a gun fives you a means to protect yourself in a much more effective way, I actually think you increase the chances of you being seriously injured or killed, as you now present a greater threat to those who are trying to harm you and will become a primary target, their are studies that bear this out.

I have never had any experience with a gun, I feel absolutely no need in a modern society to think about them, own them, shoot them, purchase them etc...  I have met gun nutters before, and listened to their repetitive overly emotional propaganda and lies, it really is quite embarrassing that they remain unaware of how ridiculous they sound.  And to think that GUNS are not part of the problem is typical of the classic denial that Gun Nutters indulge in.  It really is not only pathological, it is offensive to the many victims and ensures that many more innocent people will die until those responsible for enabling such an environment for these regular homicides to occur are held to account.
V

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2013, 02:22:16 AM »

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2013, 04:48:00 AM »
It's odd you keep calling the other side emotional, I feel little to no emotion around the issue, it is simply common sense.  Personally, I have never met a group so emotional as the NRA and those that support the issue.  Let's take Alex Jones for example.  Honest, the people who are against gun control show far more emotion than those family members of mass murdered children who are the real victims.  And like most gun Nutters, you seem oblivious to your hysterical emotionality on the issue.

McVeigh was a classic Gun Nut, visiting Gun Shows and credits these shows for influencing his anti government stance.  The overly emotional, paranoid beliefs of the Gun Nutters is what shaped his desire to kill as many as possible.  And like you said, even if the ability for Crazies to get their hands on the appropriate weaponry, the desire to kill will still be there.  Well I can live with that, the desire to kill is a far stretch from the actions of doing it.  I have known many people who have in the heat of the moment threatened to kill others, from children to the elderly, the emotions pass and they wonder what they were thinking, such is the nature of RAGE.  Many of the mass shooters have questioned immediately after why they took the actions they did, once the RAGE has passed.

And the Aurora shooter had a change of heart, and actually informed the authorities of his booby trap, the RAGE he felt had passed once he murdered masses of people.  And I disagree with your statement that a gun fives you a means to protect yourself in a much more effective way, I actually think you increase the chances of you being seriously injured or killed, as you now present a greater threat to those who are trying to harm you and will become a primary target, their are studies that bear this out.

I have never had any experience with a gun, I feel absolutely no need in a modern society to think about them, own them, shoot them, purchase them etc...  I have met gun nutters before, and listened to their repetitive overly emotional propaganda and lies, it really is quite embarrassing that they remain unaware of how ridiculous they sound.  And to think that GUNS are not part of the problem is typical of the classic denial that Gun Nutters indulge in.  It really is not only pathological, it is offensive to the many victims and ensures that many more innocent people will die until those responsible for enabling such an environment for these regular homicides to occur are held to account.

Yet you probably call the murder of the unborn a matter of a "woman's right to choose."  ::)
K

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2013, 05:28:49 AM »
Yet you probably call the murder of the unborn a matter of a "woman's right to choose."  ::)

Yes, and Obama is a child killer.  A mass murderer.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2013, 06:44:28 AM »
Yes, and Obama is a child killer.  A mass murderer.

Jury is out on that...

But one thing for sure is that Joe is hilariously short.
K

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »

How can you murder someone who's not born yet?
w

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2013, 12:09:07 PM »

You'll have an eternity to ask yourself why you asked such a dumb fucking question.

Hope this helps.

Joe is hilariously short.
K

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2013, 12:13:19 PM »
I thought this was about guns?
A

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2013, 12:15:55 PM »
I thought this was about guns?

Dude, I was so close to derailing this thread in true getbig fashion and you ruined it.   :-X
K

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2013, 12:17:16 PM »
Dude, I was so close to derailing this thread in true getbig fashion and you ruined it.   :-X

Do fetuses have the right to bear arms?  If every fetus had a fire arm there would be no more abortions
A

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2013, 12:17:49 PM »
Do fetuses have the right to bear arms?

yes, unless they're black or gay
K

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2013, 08:18:27 PM »

Actually, there are even cases of the child coming out of the womb still alive during an attempted abortion, and it is still killed.

Many abortions are done late term, at a time that other kids have already come out prematurely.

I consider this clear murder.  Funny that the same disgusting scum get upset about owning guns - maybe because deep down they know in their hearts that they are the ones the guns should be used on.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2013, 08:21:44 PM »
I consider this clear murder.  Funny that the same disgusting scum get upset about owning guns - maybe because deep down they know in their hearts that they are the ones the guns should be used on.

Obama born alive controversy

From 1996-2003, Barack Obama made at least 7 controversial votes against bills mandating medical care for newborn children after late-term, botched abortions

http://creationwiki.org/Obama_born_alive_controversy

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
Anti gun "people" being owned by pure logic and patriotism.
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2013, 11:22:39 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]
®

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
Re: Anti gun "people" being owned by pure logic and patriotism.
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2013, 11:28:17 PM »
what beautiful montage... Alex Jones is the man.
®

MikMaq

« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2013, 11:36:32 PM »
Aren't you canadian, and a fucking fucktard one too, you'd be first on the list of people who shouldn't be allowed to have guns.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2013, 11:41:29 PM »
Aren't you canadian, and a fucking fucktard one too, you'd be first on the list of people who shouldn't be allowed to have guns.

Flawless logic. You must make your kind proud.
®

MikMaq

« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2013, 11:44:44 PM »
Flawless logic. You must make your kind proud.
Whatever you wanna say my kind you can, but regardless you is way more fucked. Your creepy, like that local pedophile that buys people drinks at the bar just so someone look past his subhuman nature.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2013, 11:55:53 PM »
Whatever you wanna say my kind you can, but regardless you is way more fucked. Your creepy, like that local pedophile that buys people drinks at the bar just so someone look past his subhuman nature.

reply loaded with personal reflection.

Are you a pedophile?
®

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2013, 12:35:42 AM »
It's crazy, 95 out of 100 "like" the video on youtube.  Only 5 out of 100 dislike it.  But the politicians and  press are trying to say people are behind them?

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2013, 12:41:58 AM »
It's crazy, 95 out of 100 "like" the video on youtube.  Only 5 out of 100 dislike it.  But the politicians and  press are trying to say people are behind them?

smart observation my friend and it is the key... easy to claim when information is "single channeled" the way it has been for the last century .... but no more... multi channelism dominates and propagates reality. No place place anymore for the Pierce douches of the world.
®

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2013, 01:57:42 AM »
Some people in this thread do not know what 'logic' means.

(There is at least one x such that (x is a person and x is in this thread) and x does not know what 'logic' means.)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: February 14, 2013, 02:22:00 AM »
LOL at thread title 'logic and patriotism' as if the two can co-exist.
V