Author Topic: The Office  (Read 7400 times)

Armani

• Getbig II
  • 161 confirmed kills and counting
The Office
« on: July 23, 2012, 01:37:59 PM »
A dreaded place where obese slobs try to make you with them by bringing doughnuts, bagles, crackers, etc.  Resist at all costs and remember your goals.

Example glazed doughnut  (2.3 oz): 280 cals 15g fat  35g carbs  2g protein

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: The Office
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 03:17:36 PM »
Hey, they're not all bad.
Quantity is the key here; so long as you eat 25-30, you'll meet your protein quota for meal #5.

;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 03:45:39 PM »
TBH I don't understand the temptation of this crap, however, I suppose if you have a crappy diet, it becomes a vicious cycle.  If you've had a decent breakfast and / or you have something better on hand, do you really even have the desire to eat one of those things?  Is the feeling you have afterwards worth it?  Kinda like getting overly drunk and being worth shit the next day.  After awhile you say to yourself, "I don't want to feel like that, so I'm not going to get shit-faced again.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 04:11:40 PM »
TBH I don't understand the temptation of this crap, however, I suppose if you have a crappy diet, it becomes a vicious cycle.  If you've had a decent breakfast and / or you have something better on hand, do you really even have the desire to eat one of those things?  Is the feeling you have afterwards worth it?  Kinda like getting overly drunk and being worth shit the next day.  After awhile you say to yourself, "I don't want to feel like that, so I'm not going to get shit-faced again.

I would imagine that people who struggle with peer pressure issues may experience a bit of difficulty, too.

My current lab frequently orders takeout from Panera's & local bars/restaurants. During my training "hiatus," I would semi-regularly indulge in these culinary treats. Once I got back into my routine, my co-workers acted quite perplexed that I was no longer eating industrial quantities of chilli-pizza, given my penchant.

Now, seeing what I currently bring to work & consume, they've gotten over the hump of confusion and just accept that there must be something wrong with me. :) But, that's okay. I've only been there less than two months and already gotten my first pay raise. 8)

Armani

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 12:08:58 PM »

I would imagine that people who struggle with peer pressure issues may experience a bit of difficulty, too.

That's it exactly.  You see your co-workers eating them and they look happy and it works on your mind, I want to be happy too.  Meanwhile if you eat that junk regularly you will soon be VERY unhappy... with yourself!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 12:31:35 PM »
That's it exactly.  You see your co-workers eating them and they look happy and it works on your mind, I want to be happy too.  Meanwhile if you eat that junk regularly you will soon be VERY unhappy... with yourself!

There's also the possibility of fearing what your co-workers will think or say about your refusal to "go with the flow." This has never bothered me, but not everyone is comfortable and/or confident enough to simply make that stand.

One of my first jobs was in a very petty, catty, superficial office. If someone brought in doughnuts and you didn't eat any, you were not considered a "team player," the others would begin to gossip, and the manager would actually have a "talk" with you about the importance of unity. ::)
I lasted about six months there. The place is no longer in business.

Armani

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 12:57:05 PM »

There's also the possibility of fearing what your co-workers will think or say about your refusal to "go with the flow." This has never bothered me, but not everyone is comfortable and/or confident enough to simply make that stand.

One of my first jobs was in a very petty, catty, superficial office. If someone brought in doughnuts and you didn't eat any, you were not considered a "team player," the others would begin to gossip, and the manager would actually have a "talk" with you about the importance of unity. ::)
I lasted about six months there. The place is no longer in business.

Take a biggggg bite, smile and say "Excuse me, I have to work on the Pensky file!"  Then go into your office and spit in in the gargage.  Works for me!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 04:04:39 PM »
Take a biggggg bite, smile and say "Excuse me, I have to work on the Pensky file!"  Then go into your office and spit in in the gargage.  Works for me!

This reminds me of one of many random, obscure, and useless pieces of trivia that occupy the majority of my memory:

Mel Blanc provided the voice of Bugs Bunny for a time. Mel couldn't STAND the taste of carrots, which were necessary to execute the trademark line of "What's up, Doc?" He tried other vegetables like celery, etc., but nothing quite made the right sound.

So, Mel would take a bite of carrot at the appropriate point during the dialogue, chew into the mic, and then spit the masticated carrot into a bucket.

This concludes my thesis on "Merrie Melodies."

Armani

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 09:14:25 AM »

This reminds me of one of many random, obscure, and useless pieces of trivia that occupy the majority of my memory:

Mel Blanc provided the voice of Bugs Bunny for a time. Mel couldn't STAND the taste of carrots, which were necessary to execute the trademark line of "What's up, Doc?" He tried other vegetables like celery, etc., but nothing quite made the right sound.

So, Mel would take a bite of carrot at the appropriate point during the dialogue, chew into the mic, and then spit the masticated carrot into a bucket.

This concludes my thesis on "Merrie Melodies."

Bravo!  I relish "random, obscure, and useless pieces of trivia."  Without them I may have to really think hard about serious things!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 03:54:00 PM »
Bravo!  I relish "random, obscure, and useless pieces of trivia."  Without them I may have to really think hard about serious things!

Exactly.
Piss on that!!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 07:53:46 PM »
Just last week after a mandatory training the boss busts out ice cream sundaes. Needless to say I just sat and enjoyed the company of my coworkers while skipping on the icecream.

Armani

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 09:11:20 AM »
Just last week after a mandatory training the boss busts out ice cream sundaes. Needless to say I just sat and enjoyed the company of my coworkers while skipping on the icecream.

I admire your strength.  It will continue to pay off.  It would be nice for employers to offer an alternative such as fresh fruit for those who are more health conscious.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 08:52:20 AM »
Donuts must be the most unwholesome food ever created.  it is a device of sugar and fat.  but fuck they taste so good.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 09:37:29 AM »
Donuts must be the most unwholesome food ever created.  it is a device of sugar and fat.  but fuck they taste so good.

Yes.  Donuts and donut holes are delicious.

R

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 07:46:51 PM »
Yes.  Donuts and donut holes are delicious.

We call those timbits in Canada.

Thats the galeniko flavored one  ;D

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 07:10:40 AM »

Thats the galeniko flavored one  ;D
;D
R

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 03:26:22 PM »
Yea.. Peer pressure.. that's why I ahve such a hard time avoiding them  ::) ... the damn things are good and hard to resist.  I am back on my diet after probably 8 years of eating crappy.. If someone brings donuts to work im gonna smash thier face in.. and im only on day 7 of my diet  ;D

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 04:31:35 PM »
I had more fun sitting near the donut table looking judgmentally at the porkers who came to stuff their faces. 
~

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 04:50:27 PM »
I used to work with a woman who could smell a donut a mile away.  Morbidly obese.  ::)  She'd troll around the building every morning scoping out what department had food, then sneak/steal it when no one was looking.  I think she had a list of everyone's birthday in the entire building so she knew where the food would likely be.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 06:00:27 PM »
I used to work with a woman who could smell a donut a mile away.  Morbidly obese.  ::)  She'd troll around the building every morning scoping out what department had food, then sneak/steal it when no one was looking.  I think she had a list of everyone's birthday in the entire building so she knew where the food would likely be.

LMFAO!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 06:04:16 PM »
WTF  ???
Is there a bite taken out of one of them?

:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 06:10:34 PM »
WTF  ???
Is there a bite taken out of one of them?

Nice!
The girls at my lab are funny. They'll walk into the lunch room & cut a doughnut in half to feel better about the calorie reduction; like it somehow justifies them eating it. But then, they come back about 20 mins. later and eat the other half.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 08:00:21 PM »

Nice!
The girls at my lab are funny. They'll walk into the lunch room & cut a doughnut in half to feel better about the calorie reduction; like it somehow justifies them eating it. But then, they come back about 20 mins. later and eat the other half.

So many of the chubettes and hippobottomuses that I work with will walk by a table and see what someone is eating and say, "Oooo, that's 3 points" or something like that.  More self-delusion as they get fatter and fatter.

Reminds me of the "song" from the Judy Blume book Blubber :

Oh, what a riot
Blubber's on a diet
I wonder what's the matter
I think she's getting fatter
And fatter
And fatter
And fatter
Pop!
~

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 06:16:32 AM »
i get pressured almost daily as a call center manager... so many fat shits in my office it's not funny

recently they were giving away popsicles and when i declined one of those sugar ridden pieces of shit they offered me a 'healthy' juice pop instead, i once again declined and had to deal with 4 oh c'mon's before they finally fucked off

naturally i did not take the time to explain that i'm currently ketogenic (measuring my ketone level daily) and trying to keep total net carbs under 30g daily (and almost 0 from sugar)

fat fucks

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 07:46:51 AM »
i get pressured almost daily as a call center manager... so many fat shits in my office it's not funny

recently they were giving away popsicles and when i declined one of those sugar ridden pieces of shit they offered me a 'healthy' juice pop instead, i once again declined and had to deal with 4 oh c'mon's before they finally fucked off

naturally i did not take the time to explain that i'm currently ketogenic (measuring my ketone level daily) and trying to keep total net carbs under 30g daily (and almost 0 from sugar)

fat fucks

I didn't know you lived in India
  :o
: