Author Topic: Kris Dim - He did he become paralyzed?  (Read 59847 times)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Kris Dim paralyzed after surgery
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2012, 03:53:46 PM »
i remember the time he got his heart surgery we were all saying and dude keeps doing steroids and "bodybuilding"?

lol now years later he s fucking paraplegic after another -failed- heart surgery. Does anyone think it would have happened if dude had left his stupid "love for the sport" ?

massa

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2012, 06:29:59 PM »
Kris Dim had his life saved during his first operation.  Up to third of dissection patients require operation in the future due to the progression of the disease.  He increased his chances of getting re-operated by continuing same lifestyle that led to his original problem.  Second operation that he got carries a huge (up to 20%) chance of paraplegia, especially when done as an emergency.  I don't know all the details, but I wouldn't blame his doc so soon. 

whitewidow

« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2012, 07:05:23 PM »
Geez some of these vain bodybuilders just do  ot know when to stop! I thought this guy hung it up years ago! I liked kris dim after reading his story. He did work hard to get his pro-card. The first flex I bought had Kris Dim on the cover right when he went pro and placed 2nd in the san fran pro. I thought the dude going from 135lbs ripped to 205 ripped was amazing. synthol or not the guy did work hard back in the day. Kris has been lifting for along time! Milos took him to pro evel bodybuilding. thats when things went to shit.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2012, 09:15:38 PM »
Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 8th edition. © 2009, Elsevier.
addiction [ah-dik´shun]
1. the state of being given up to some habit or compulsion.
2. strong physiological and psychological dependence on a drug or other agent; see alcoholism and drug dependence.
drug addiction a state of heavy dependence on a drug; sometimes defined as physical dependence but usually also including emotional dependence, i.e., compulsive or pathological drug use. It is often used synonymously with drug dependence.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2012, 09:25:23 PM »
Is he still married to that chick, or did she roll out on him as soon as things got bad?
Geez some of these vain bodybuilders just do  ot know when to stop! I thought this guy hung it up years ago! I liked kris dim after reading his story. He did work hard to get his pro-card. The first flex I bought had Kris Dim on the cover right when he went pro and placed 2nd in the san fran pro. I thought the dude going from 135lbs ripped to 205 ripped was amazing. synthol or not the guy did work hard back in the day. Kris has been lifting for along time! Milos took him to pro evel bodybuilding. thats when things went to shit.
He was rewarded for having fake triceps---and due to that (taking un-needed risks, and not deserving his pro card), he was rewarded with health issues...I'd say a fair trade off...

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2012, 09:37:09 PM »

did you just seriously imply that lifting weights and injecting steroids equates to "working hard" ?

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2012, 10:22:54 PM »
did you just seriously imply that lifting weights and injecting steroids equates to "working hard" ?

Well if it was easy then every other guy on the streeet would be walking around at 200lbs ripped  ::)

You jsut dont know when to shut the fuck up  ::) 
all drugs - TPPIIP

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »
Is he still married to that chick, or did she roll out on him as soon as things got bad?He was rewarded for having fake triceps---and due to that (taking un-needed risks, and not deserving his pro card), he was rewarded with health issues...I'd say a fair trade off...

Aside from the triceps and before he turned pro, I think it was around 02 he had a good physique just like any amateur before him that turned pro

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2012, 05:37:54 AM »
hope he can recover soon.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2012, 05:40:25 AM »
still musclebound with a weak heart.

If I where him I would slim down to marathon runner size.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2012, 06:21:15 AM »
Are you suggesting it's not hard work to turn pro?

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2012, 07:26:42 AM »
Look on the bright side fellas. 

Kris may be paralysed from the waist down. BUT!!

At least now he can post updates on Facebook and get some badly needed likes and attention!
"

Anglo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2012, 07:55:03 AM »

Drogon

• Getbig II
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2012, 08:29:37 AM »
Get well Kris. And after that, you can write a book about your experiences. Will make you more money than you'll ever make posing in a thong.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2012, 08:30:34 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2012, 09:00:39 AM »
yeah, if i was him, i'd cut back the food and stay skinny.   heart doesn't need to work that hard.  Making it carry 40 pounds it doesnt need to - after a stroke - is crazy.  If you have that many health issues, maybe it's time to just cut back on the gym, use cardio rowing to stay healthy and lean, and just relax and enjoy life.

then again, if lifting weights makes him happy, who am I to shit on that?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2012, 09:07:15 AM »
hope he can recover soon.

His big tri secret has been revealed

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2012, 09:08:44 AM »
Are you suggesting it's not hard work to turn pro?

No, it's not hard work.  It's a hard lifestyle.  Hard work is roofing, logging, roughnecking, wildland firefighting, etc.  There is a big, big difference.   :)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2012, 10:35:30 AM »
No, it's not hard work.  It's a hard lifestyle.  Hard work is roofing, logging, roughnecking, wildland firefighting, etc.  There is a big, big difference.   :)
So your definition of hard work is labor, fair enough.  Well funny you mentioned roofing cause I am a roofer and have my own business. And competing is a lot more hard work then my job roofing. Way harder and it's not the training that makes it hard, actually the training is the easiest part. It's the overall discomfort involved in being calorie deficit, constantly starving and going about your daily activities sluggish and low energy, you go fucken crazy wanting to eat when your below 5% bodyfat, that's why so many people come in smooth cause they can't take the heat, that is what you call working hard but I will agree and call it hard life-style, either way getting a pro-card is damn hard

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: Kris Dim paralyzed?
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2012, 10:55:57 AM »

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »
yeah, if i was him, i'd cut back the food and stay skinny.   heart doesn't need to work that hard.  Making it carry 40 pounds it doesnt need to - after a stroke - is crazy.  If you have that many health issues, maybe it's time to just cut back on the gym, use cardio rowing to stay healthy and lean, and just relax and enjoy life.

What's even worse is that due to the fact that he is indeed paralyzed from the waist down, there is a much large propensity for him to form clots in his lower limbs due to hemostasis.  Those very clots can travel to the heart to give him a hefty heart attack or to his brain for another round of stroke.

I hope he has a solid blood thinner on regimen and/or a filter in place to prevent this from happening.

"1"

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2012, 12:05:37 AM »
From Kris Dim's FB:
"I'm walking baby. Just another update on one step closer to walking. God is good all the time. Thank you"

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2012, 01:16:36 AM »
On the bright side he can now just focus all his training on his triceps!

Seriously though if he's walking again good for him he should just give up this lifestyle for the sake of his kids at least

Anabol

• Getbig II
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2012, 03:31:02 AM »
Add 2-3 month and he will be reaedy to complete again !

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2012, 04:19:41 AM »
Sad thing is that he is probably injecting steroids and even worse synthol.