Author Topic: "You Olympians didn't get here alone, on your own power..."  (Read 2315 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Would Obama REALLY be stupid enough to say this to Olympic athletes who had trained virtually their entire lives for these Games?

shaking head.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: "You Olympians didn't get here alone, on your own power..."
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 05:09:39 PM »
Would you be dumb enough to defend him if he did? I'm guessing yes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 05:17:47 PM »
lol.  Democratic Underground strikes again. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 05:57:06 PM »
lol.  Democratic Underground strikes again. 

???  This video was playing on MSNBC today.  Hardball I think. 

Beeach Bum, did you see this article when you were reading DU?  I have not read it today.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 06:10:05 PM »
???  This video was playing on MSNBC today.  Hardball I think. 

Beeach Bum, did you see this article when you were reading DU?  I have not read it today.

::)  Democratic Underground, Daily Kos, MSNBC, or whatever other liberal rag it came from. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 06:44:55 PM »
::)  Democratic Underground, Daily Kos, MSNBC, or whatever other liberal rag it came from. 

I'm confused about what you're saying here.

You don't think the quote is one of compelte idiocy?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 06:52:06 PM »

Would you or would you not defend Obama were he to make a comment like the one above?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 06:54:12 PM »

I think you are the biggest Obama kneepadder on this site, trying to take a completely irrelevant quote by Romney that you got from some liberal rag, attempting to bait someone into saying they disagree with it so you can then tell them Romney said it.  

Trying to equate this to Obama's "you didn't build that.  Somebody else made that happen" comment is stupid.  And typical.  

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 06:56:06 PM »
I think you are the biggest Obama kneepadder on this site, trying to take a completely irrelevant quote by Romney that you got from some liberal rag, attempting to bait someone into saying they disagree with it so you can then tell them Romney said it.  

Trying to equate this to Obama's "you didn't build that.  Somebody else made that happen" comment is stupid.  And typical.  

His cult-like devotion to this guy is almost as creepy as Straw Man and Lurker's desire to molest 333.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »

common tactic for this simpleton

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 07:02:07 PM »
I think it is very clear obama was talking about the roads, but he did open himself up to what team romney admitted was 'persuasive art'

romney campaign openly laughed about their use of a piece of tape where obama was quoting mccain.  They just dont give a fvck.  They'll twist words and use creative editing.

Nobody here can deny this, because it's fact.  You can defend his tactics as brash, funny, or necessary, that's cool.

But nobody here can say team romney doesn't openly twist obama quotes as 'persuasive art'.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 07:06:34 PM »
I think it is very clear obama was talking about the roads, but he did open himself up to what team romney admitted was 'persuasive art'

romney campaign openly laughed about their use of a piece of tape where obama was quoting mccain.  They just dont give a fvck.  They'll twist words and use creative editing.

Nobody here can deny this, because it's fact.  You can defend his tactics as brash, funny, or necessary, that's cool.

But nobody here can say team romney doesn't openly twist obama quotes as 'persuasive art'.

I don't think it's clear at all that he was referring to the roads.

In-fact, I'll defer to James Taranto, who has a much better grasp of the English language than you as you are a stupid fuck.

Please refute the following excerpt so I can have a good laugh:

"The Obama campaign hotly disputes Romney's contention that the president meant what he said. A "fact check" from the Obama-Biden "Truth Team" (formerly Attack Watch) claims that Romney "is taking President Obama's words out of context" to produce "a complete distortion." Here is the full context, as presented by the Truth Team:

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet. The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.
The Team then explains: "The President's full remarks show that the 'that' in 'you didn't build that' clearly refers to roads and bridges--public infrastructure we count on the government to build and maintain."

That's bunk, and not only because "business" is more proximate to the pronoun "that" and therefore its more likely antecedent. The Truth Team's interpretation is ungrammatical. "Roads and bridges" is plural; "that" is singular. If the Team is right about Obama's meaning, he should have said, "You didn't build those."

Barack Obama is supposed to be the World's Greatest Orator, the smartest man in the world. Yet his campaign asks us to believe he is not even competent to construct a sentence.
"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444873204577535053434972374.html

I eagerly await your refutation of the English language.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 07:18:37 PM »
There is no need to debate if a recalled car is a nice ride or not.  It's been recalled.   Team Romney admits they don't give a shit about the truth when making their ads. You are attempting to defend their work - when they pride themselves on doing it because "all ads do that".

Requesting anonymity, a top operative from the Romney 2012 campaign put it plainly:

“First of all, ads are propaganda by definition. We are in the persuasion business, the propaganda business…. Ads are agitprop…. Ads are about hyperbole, they are about editing. It’s ludicrous for them to say that an ad is taking something out of context…. All ads do that. They are manipulative pieces of persuasive art.”

You can try to detail what obama "meant" or how he should have phrased it, but we already know the romney campaign laughs at it while using them incorrectly.   The car has been recalled by the manufacturer, they admit the flaws.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 07:19:30 PM »

romney campaign openly laughed about their use of a piece of tape where obama was quoting mccain.  They just dont give a fvck.  They'll twist words and use creative editing.

Nobody here can deny this, because it's fact.  You can defend his tactics as brash, funny, or necessary, that's cool.

hahaha thats the spirit keep reaching cracker jack ;)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »
There is no need to debate if a recalled car is a nice ride or not.  It's been recalled.   Team Romney admits they don't give a shit about the truth when making their ads. You are attempting to defend their work - when they pride themselves on doing it because "all ads do that".

Requesting anonymity, a top operative from the Romney 2012 campaign put it plainly:

“First of all, ads are propaganda by definition. We are in the persuasion business, the propaganda business…. Ads are agitprop…. Ads are about hyperbole, they are about editing. It’s ludicrous for them to say that an ad is taking something out of context…. All ads do that. They are manipulative pieces of persuasive art.”

You can try to detail what obama "meant" or how he should have phrased it, but we already know the romney campaign laughs at it while using them incorrectly.   The car has been recalled by the manufacturer, they admit the flaws.

This has nothing to do with the question I just asked you in the above post. Can you or can you not refute Taranto? This long-winded, off-topic diatribe tells me that you can't.

His argument sounds a lot more plausible than yours as yours is nothing more than your useless opinion asserted as a fact.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 07:22:17 PM »
Would Obama REALLY be stupid enough to say this to Olympic athletes who had trained virtually their entire lives for these Games?

shaking head.

Obama was stupid enough to say many other things, why not this? 

Obama is a blithering idiot when off TelePrompter. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 07:25:40 PM »
hahaha thats the spirit keep reaching cracker jack ;)
;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 07:26:03 PM »
ANything the romney campaign puts out is already tainted.  Period.   They admit they take creative license.  

That's the end of that.  You can create all sorts of scenarios where obama used this as an adjective, and we can infer his intentions were... etc etc.

bottom line is that the romney campaign smiles and does this shit.  They did it with mccain quote, they did it here.  It's funny to them, which is surpisinly bold and admirable, IMO.  But as a source of what's wrong with obama, they are no longer credible.  

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 07:28:50 PM »
ANything the romney campaign puts out is already tainted.  Period.   They admit they take creative license.  

That's the end of that.  You can create all sorts of scenarios where obama used this as an adjective, and we can infer his intentions were... etc etc.

bottom line is that the romney campaign smiles and does this shit.  They did it with mccain quote, they did it here.  It's funny to them, which is surpisinly bold and admirable, IMO.  But as a source of what's wrong with obama, they are no longer credible.  

Can you respond to my above post that was directed to you? I know you've read it and are avoiding it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 07:29:42 PM »

so if Romney makes an ad w obamas own words it's tainted? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 07:30:34 PM »

I see so that means you agree that you no longer have any credibility then?

seeing as you take more "creative" stances on things than your MBA programs marketing department?

LMFAO youre in rare idiotic form tonight bro, keep it up!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »
so if Romney makes an ad w obamas own words it's tainted? 

If they change the context, play part of it, switch it up, or use a quote of obama quoting someone else - then yes, it is very much tainted.

at this point, by their owwn admission, the romney video team is not credible - they're artists with a political agenda.  Which is cool.   as is their honesty.

I don't know why anyone here is defending them as credible - when they themselves do not ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 07:41:30 PM »
come to think of it - if message board dbags like us are arguing about quotes being manipulated...

Nobody is talking about the tanked-ass economy.  

So maybe obama throws out quotes like this on purpose... maybe subconsciously, maybe just to stir pot... as a means of keeping this trivial shit in discussion (yes, from both dems and repubs) instead of the economy.

I mean, team romney had to resort to creative art here - when they could hav MORE of an impact with an ad showing one thing -

There are currently 50.7 Million unemployed Americans.

That's it.  No creative art bullshit, nothing for obama to refute.  You show that %&#@^$$# number and text for 30 straight seconds on every network.  no audio.  Nothing.  Just that text.

THAT will have CREDIBLE IMPACT.  Not this shady ass nonsense about a chopped up quote and his intent.  but hey, creative art is fun, party on wayne.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 07:44:41 PM »
If they change the context, play part of it, switch it up, or use a quote of obama quoting someone else - then yes, it is very much tainted.

at this point, by their owwn admission, the romney video team is not credible - they're artists with a political agenda.  Which is cool.   as is their honesty.

I don't know why anyone here is defending them as credible - when they themselves do not ???

LMFAO!!!!   Sp the brilliant Obama can't be quoted now?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 07:52:49 PM »

LMFAO!!!!   Sp the brilliant Obama can't be quoted now?

It's fine for them to do it, now that they have admitted they are essentially a satirical art service with a desired political goal.  Like the Onion.

I love it, to be honest.  I can't fathom why anyone would go on getbig and say "Hey dude, I think team romney's videos are all accurate and don't stretch the truth".   Cause we already know team romney admits they do it, because everyone else does it.