Author Topic: Romney: "I will return the. Churchill Bust to the Oval Office".  (Read 6217 times)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Romney: "I will return the. Churchill Bust to the Oval Office".
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2012, 03:30:41 PM »
He would not have liked Obama.   

He would not have liked you either

You are more along the lines of the nazis and he hated those

Replace jews with lib and your a match

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2012, 01:51:27 PM »
White House admits it did return Winston Churchill bust to Britain
telegraph.co.uk ^
Posted on July 29, 2012 3:55:44 PM EDT by Sub-Driver

White House admits it did return Winston Churchill bust to Britain

Barack Obama's White House has been forced to admit that it did return a bust of Sir Winston Churchill to British diplomats, after describing such claims as "100 per cent false".

By Jon Swaine, Washington

7:53PM BST 29 Jul 2012

Aides to Mr Obama were furious after The Daily Telegraph disclosed last week that Mitt Romney planned to restore the Jacob Epstein sculpture to its home under George W Bush from 2001 to 2009.

"I'm looking forward to the bust of Winston Churchill being in the Oval Office again," the Republican challenger confirmed at a fund-raiser at London's Mandarin Oriental hotel.

Dan Pfeiffer, the President's communications director, said in a statement that widespread reports of the bust being returned to Britain's embassy in Washington as Mr Obama took office were untrue.

"This is 100 per cent false," Mr Pfeiffer said. "The bust is still in the White House. In the Residence. Outside the Treaty Room". Illustrating his statement with a photograph of Mr Obama inspecting it with David Cameron in 2010, he added: "Hopefully this clears things up a bit and prevents folks from making this ridiculous claim again".

British officials were surprised by Mr Pfeiffer's statement and photograph, however, because the bust now resides in the residence of Sir Peter Westmacott, Britain's ambassador to the US. Further inquiries led to the discovery that there are, in fact, two matching Churchill busts by Epstein.

(Excerpt) Read more at telegraph.co.uk ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2012, 04:58:17 PM »
UPDATE AT BOTTOM

In a statement posted on the White House’s website on Tuesday afternoon, White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer revealed an email he sent to Charles Krauthammer offering an apology to syndicated columnist and Fox News Channel regular over a back-and-forth about a bust of former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill.

Krauthammer asked that the apology — which even included an endorsement for Krauthammer’s favorite Major League Baseball team, the Washington Nationals — be made public, and Pfeiffer obliged:

Charles,

I take your criticism seriously and you are correct that you are owed an apology. There was clearly an internal confusion about the two busts and there was no intention to deceive. I clearly overshot the runway in my post. The point I was trying to make – under the belief that the Bust in the residence was the one previously in the Oval Office– was that this oft repeated talking point about the bust being a symbol of President Obama’s failure to appreciate the special relationship is false.  The bust that was returned was returned as a matter of course with all the other artwork that had been loaned to President Bush for display in his Oval Office and not something that President Obama or his Administration chose to do. I still think this is an important point and one I wish I had communicated better.

A better understanding of the facts on my part and a couple of deep breaths at the outset would have prevented this situation.  Having said all that, barring a miracle comeback from the Phillies I would like to see the Nats win a world series even if it comes after my apology

Thanks,

Dan Pfeiffer

The controversy began last week after Krauthammer criticized Obama’s foreign policy in his Friday column, noting that the White House returned the bust of Churchill to the British Embassy. When Pfeiffer incorrectly denied that the bust was returned, Krauthammer published a response on Sunday night laying out his case and saying, “The decent thing to do, therefore, would be to acknowledge the (inadvertent?) deception and apologize for it.”

UPDATE:

Krauthammer responded to the White House apology at the tail-end of his regular “Special Report” appearance on Tuesday, calling it gracious and unexpected.

“Well, I must say it was a gracious apology,” Krauthammer said. “I was stunned. I didn’t expect it to happen. I actually wrote in my column that I thought the Nationals would win the World Series before I’d see an apology. So, now I suppose the Nationals are going to win the World Series. But it was a gracious apology. They are still clinging to a tiny point on this but the argument is over. I appreciate that the correction and retraction.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/31/white-house-communications-director-apologizes-to-krauthammer/#ixzz22FQ1l6PF

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2012, 05:00:37 PM »
How is this even a goddam issue?

Who started this stupid thread? They should be ashamed for posting something so completely worthless.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »

Who started this stupid thread? They should be ashamed for posting something so completely worthless.

It was actually an issue the day obama walked into the WH and sent back the bust sent to us for 911 by the Brits

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2012, 05:16:48 PM »

exactly

no one gives a shit except a handful of right wing moonbats

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2012, 05:32:43 PM »
exactly

no one gives a shit except a handful of right wing moonbats

You cared enough to make close to (if not more than) one dozen posts in this thread. Awful lot of time spent talking about something you don't care about.  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2012, 05:48:16 PM »
You cared enough to make close to (if not more than) one dozen posts in this thread. Awful lot of time spent talking about something you don't care about.  ::)

great point

If I criticize 333's epic stupidity that must mean I think this is a serious issue

btw - why would you spend time counting my posts?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2012, 05:59:50 PM »
It was actually an issue the day obama walked into the WH and sent back the bust sent to us for 911 by the Brits

Well, I don't think they wanted us to keep it forever.

It's not the Resolute desk or anything... It was on loan right?

It still seems much ado about nothing to me.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2012, 06:13:37 PM »
Well, I don't think they wanted us to keep it forever.

It's not the Resolute desk or anything... It was on loan right?

It still seems much ado about nothing to me.

we had one but it was damaged and being repaired to Tony Blair lent Bush a 2nd one which he put in the Oval Office

When Obama came into office the first one had been repaired so we now had two and Obama chose to return the 2nd one which was in the Oval Office and replace it with bust of Lincoln (a Republican no less)

and that became the first in a long line of absurd phony outrage from right wing dipshits

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2012, 07:07:35 PM »
we had one but it was damaged and being repaired to Tony Blair lent Bush a 2nd one which he put in the Oval Office

When Obama came into office the first one had been repaired so we now had two and Obama chose to return the 2nd one which was in the Oval Office and replace it with bust of Lincoln (a Republican no less)

and that became the first in a long line of absurd phony outrage from right wing dipshits
The 1st republican!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2012, 07:30:49 AM »
The wildest part is... this fag 33333 is crying about a Brittian being replaced by an American Presiednt...in the white house...(i still dont understand that one)

The dude is kissing ass to the Brittish, but is getting played out in many of the papers in England...

this is hilarious.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2012, 07:39:42 AM »
romney would remove lincoln to add a foreign leader to the white house.    that speaks volumes :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2012, 07:46:57 AM »
 :). I guess the same thing would be if obama and the nation were gifted a bust of nelson mandela for the white house and the first thing president romney did was send it back.   

One can only imagine the meltdowns from the left.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2012, 07:52:23 AM »
:). I guess the same thing would be if obama and the nation were gifted a bust of nelson mandela for the white house and the first thing president romney did was send it back.   

tha fuck are you talking about.. you sound like an idiot..

you over there making shit up son?

Dude....you got mad because Obama returned a bust of an English leader and replaced it with an American President. Cmon... How unpatriotic is that?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2012, 08:23:51 AM »

what you mean is YOU can only imagine because just like the thread, most everything that you get in a panic over is just some nonsense that you IMAGINE has significance

hey if you actually leave your house today don't forget to wear your Depends and watch out for the scary thugs out there

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2012, 08:28:05 AM »
what you mean is YOU can only imagine because just like the thread, most everything that you get in a panic over is just some nonsense that you IMAGINE has significance

hey if you actually leave your house today don't forget to wear your Depends and watch out for the scary thugs out there

White House issues embarrassing apology to Charles Krauthammer over Churchill bust gaffe

By Nile GardinerWorldLast updated: August 1st, 2012

647 CommentsComment on this article

The Obama White House: in apology mode

The Obama presidency is fond of issuing apologies for America on the world stage, but very rarely makes them at home to Americans. White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer has just issued one to Washington Post columnist and Fox News contributor Charles Krauthammer, who last week wrote an op-ed berating the Obama administration for removing a bust of Sir Winston Churchill from the Oval Office when it came to power. Pfeiffer had issued a stinging attack on Krauthammer, alleging that his Churchill bust reference was “100 percent false.” Krauthammer was of course 100 percent correct, and the British Embassy in Washington even issued a statement contradicting Pfeifer’s remarks.

Here is the full text of Pfeiffer’s mea culpa, published on the White House blog in the form of an open letter to Mr. Krauthammer:

Charles,

I take your criticism seriously and you are correct that you are owed an apology. There was clearly an internal confusion about the two busts and there was no intention to deceive. I clearly overshot the runway in my post. The point I was trying to make – under the belief that the Bust in the residence was the one previously in the Oval Office– was that this oft repeated talking point about the bust being a symbol of President Obama’s failure to appreciate the special relationship is false. The bust that was returned was returned as a matter of course with all the other artwork that had been loaned to President Bush for display in his Oval Office and not something that President Obama or his Administration chose to do. I still think this is an important point and one I wish I had communicated better.

A better understanding of the facts on my part and a couple of deep breaths at the outset would have prevented this situation. Having said all that, barring a miracle comeback from the Phillies I would like to see the Nats win a world series even if it comes after my apology

Thanks,

Dan Pfeiffer

It is good to see Mr. Pfeiffer finally issue a formal apology, after his juvenile and remarkably ignorant rebuttal of Mr. Krauthammer's Post column generated a media storm. But this does not by any means end the controversy over the decision by the White House to return the Churchill bust. There is still an air of defiance in Pfeiffer’s words, and he categorically claims that the bust was sent back “as a matter of course,” and its return to the British government was “not something that President Obama or his Administration chose to do.”

As I noted in my previous blog on the subject, however, both The Sunday Telegraph and The Times of London ran major articles back in early 2009 revealing that British officials had made it clear to the White House that President Obama could keep the Churchill bust in the Oval Office. In other words, it was the White House’s firm decision to return the bust, and no request was made by the British to have it back. This looks awfully like a deliberate snub of America’s closest friend and ally, and it would be good for the White House to acknowledge the truth, rather than continue to spin a blatantly false and misleading line.

Tags: charles Krauthammer, Churchill bust, Dan Pfeiffer, Sir Winston Churchill, White House

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100173449/white-house-issues-humiliating-apology-to-charles-krauthammer-over-churchill-bust

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2012, 08:36:15 AM »
3333 - did you catch this part:

The bust that was returned was returned as a matter of course with all the other artwork that had been loaned to President Bush for display in his Oval Office and not something that President Obama or his Administration chose to do.

you idiots have been blaming Obama for doing this and it wasn't even something he was involved with and it wasn't like we just sent back the one item

don't forget to report back if you actually leave the house today

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2012, 09:00:54 AM »
False statements from the White House?  Didn't see that one coming. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »

This is like watching a fat chick during dodge ball class. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2012, 12:17:17 PM »
It's weird that this phony issue is coming up again 4 years after it happened and Krauthammer is pretending the Brits felt snubbed by it

seems like a convenient distraction to take the focus of Mitt's snubfest during his recent visit with our closest  ally.

The entire British press, left right and center couldn't stop talking about what a moron Romney is yet I haven't seen anything recent about this phony issue in their press