Author Topic: 240 - Romney's current views on the AWB, thought you might be interested  (Read 1961 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
On Romney's campaign website, he suggests that Congress does not need to revisit the assault weapons ban. His campaign website highlights legislation that "expanded the rights" of gun owners that Romney signed while he was governor, but does not mention the assault weapons ban:
Like the majority of Americans, Mitt does not believe that the United States needs additional laws that restrict the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. He believes in the safe and responsible ownership and use of firearms and the right to lawfully manufacture and sell firearms and ammunition. He also recognizes the extraordinary number of jobs and other economic benefits that are produced by hunting, recreational shooting, and the firearms and ammunition industry, not the least of which is to fund wildlife and habitat conservation.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/james-holmes-ar-15-aurora-colorado-theater-shooting-2012-7#ixzz21mZrjV3a

So you can STFU with that incessant babble. Kthxbye.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
In 2012, Romney believes there is no need for legislation.

Just 8 years ago, as Governor, Romney supported and SIGNED gun conttol legislation.  You can try to "pwn" me with some drivel from his campaign website, but the ACTIONS are what matters.

Shit man, he can write anything he wants on his website.  But the people of MASS has their gun rights revoked.

Really, seriously, using his website and current position to ignore his AWB?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

Just 8 years ago, as Governor, Romney supported and SIGNED gun conttol legislation.  You can try to "pwn" me with some drivel from his campaign website, but the ACTIONS are what matters.

Shit man, he can write anything he wants on his website.  But the people of MASS has their gun rights revoked.

Really, seriously, using his website and current position to ignore his AWB?
Never said I ignored it, nor am I defending it.
But you constantly prattle on about it, which we all know, but also as we know, people's stances on issues can change with time and party affiliation.

The other thing, is that you have to take into account the STATE he was governing. Did they WANT an AWB? If they did, then youre just spewing your typical bullshit.

Plus, you never seem to mind Obama's "evolving" on issues, but you take offense to this one?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Heres something else you might like from that article, since you constantly say Obama has never said he was for banning any types of firearms (at least pre-holmes shooting)

When President Barack Obama was elected in 2008, he said he hoped a new assault weapons ban would be in place by the end of his first 100 days in office.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30389664/ns/politics-white_house/t/first-days-assault-weapons-ban/#.UBHyVLSe45x

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/james-holmes-ar-15-aurora-colorado-theater-shooting-2012-7#ixzz21mcBNuGH

Among the potential cures, he said, was permanently reinstating a ban on assault weapons.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

What did the majority of people in his state want at the time he signed it?   The same public who wanted Romney care.

There's a difference between running a state and a country.
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I constantly praddle because Romney is a man who has signed into law, gun legislation.

He can write anything he wants on his website.  But just 8 years ago, AFTER 911 and AS the national ban expired...

Romney decided it was his duty to disarm the people of Mass before they could get long guns.  Ouch.

If it's okay because "peoples positions on issues can change over time"....

PLEASE tell me what is the LENGTH OF TIME that makes it okay to be a gun grabber?  How many years after depriving millions of their rights, are you cool again?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
What did the majority of people in his state want at the time he signed it?   The same public who wanted Romney care.

I'm sure you could run a ballot and "the majority" of people would support a lot of unconstitutional shit.  Doesn't make it right.
33, is it RIGHT that you can't carry in your state, because 51% of the people there are bedwetting liberals?

And yes, Obama is a POS for saying he'd support gun legislation.
Romney is a bigger POS - cause he actually signed some, while pretending to be a republican.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
What did the majority of people in his state want at the time he signed it?   The same public who wanted Romney care.

Lol, that what I said.
If his states citizens wanted a ban, guess what, he's gonna sign a ban.
Big difference when its a Federal law over a state law.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
He "evolved". - Jay Carney

I constantly praddle because Romney is a man who has signed into law, gun legislation.

He can write anything he wants on his website.  But just 8 years ago, AFTER 911 and AS the national ban expired...

Romney decided it was his duty to disarm the people of Mass before they could get long guns.  Ouch.

If it's okay because "peoples positions on issues can change over time"....

PLEASE tell me what is the LENGTH OF TIME that makes it okay to be a gun grabber?  How many years after depriving millions of their rights, are you cool again?

Convenient that they ignore the fact he governed one of the most liberal states in the union.  Then again, 240 is a stupid, stupid person.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
how many years after signing a gun ban is a person able to claim pro-gun status?

it's been 8 years.  Please tell me how many years after saying this, can a person change their position on their website, and it's coo.?

“I believe the people should have the right to bear arms, but I don’t believe that we have to have assault weapons as part of our personal arsenal,” he said on Fox News in 2004.

Fury

• Getbig V
how many years after signing a gun ban is a person able to claim pro-gun status?

it's been 8 years.  Please tell me how many years after saying this, can a person change their position on their website, and it's coo.?

“I believe the people should have the right to bear arms, but I don’t believe that we have to have assault weapons as part of our personal arsenal,” he said on Fox News in 2004.

I think you drones call it an "evolution" when Obama does it. Feel free to call it that.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

it's been 8 years.  Please tell me how many years after saying this, can a person change their position on their website, and it's coo.?

Its not about that numbnuts, its about you claiming he "decided to disarm the citizens", when he may not have felt that way at all, but if his states citizens want it, guess what, they get it.
Big difference between an AWB on a state level, and on a federal level, but you cant seem to differentiate, do you?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I think you leftists call it an "evolution" when Obama does it. Feel free to call it that.

How many years after the gun ban can a man claim pro-gun status?

Obama is a bag of ish, no denying that.  But ROmney is a man claiming to be severely conservative.  yet 8 years ago, he signed a PERMANENT gun ban on long arms for the people of mass, you know those scary assault weapond.

What date did that change?  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Its not about that numbnuts, its about you claiming he "decided to disarm the citizens", when he may not have felt that way at all, but if his states citizens want it, guess what, they get it.
Big difference between an AWB on a state level, and on a federal level, but you cant seem to differentiate, do you?

wait a second, what world are we living in....

When 51% of the people in a state can decide to disarm the other 49%.   

Majority isn't always right.  Romney could have vetoed that bill. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
How many years after the gun ban can a man claim pro-gun status?

Obama is a bag of ish, no denying that.  But ROmney is a man claiming to be severely conservative.  yet 8 years ago, he signed a PERMANENT gun ban on long arms for the people of mass, you know those scary assault weapond.

What date did that change?  
Probably when he ceased being Governor of one of the most liberal states in the Union. 8 years ago is almost a decade. A lot of shit can change in a decade.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

Oh brother, thats why its usually left up to the states to decide these kinds of things. If the majority wanted it, the minority are free to move to a more conservative state.
Romney's job as Governor is a little different than a job as President.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum

None of it fucking matters the states can't just do what ever the fuck they want, the bill of rights still dictates certain aspects of what states are allowed to do. All someone has to do is bring a law suit, it may have to go all the way to the supreme court, the Chicago hand gun ban was tossed on the heap of unconstitutional laws.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Probably when he ceased being Governor of one of the most liberal states in the Union. 8 years ago is almost a decade. A lot of shit can change in a decade.

How many years after obamacare passed will Obama be able to distance himself from it (you know, when we're all still suffering under it) -

and you will say "it's cool, obama evolved, you can't hate on him for obamacare..."

I doubt when 2020 rolls around, getbiggers will be all that forgiving ;)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
How many years after obamacare passed will Obama be able to distance himself from it (you know, when we're all still suffering under it) -

and you will say "it's cool, obama evolved, you can't hate on him for obamacare..."

I doubt when 2020 rolls around, getbiggers will be all that forgiving ;)
Youre comparing a STATE level ban on large capacity magazines to a NATIONAL MANDATE for healthcare?
REALLY?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Oh brother, thats why its usually left up to the states to decide these kinds of things. If the majority wanted it, the minority are free to move to a more conservative state.
Romney's job as Governor is a little different than a job as President.

why don't we let the states decide on abortion, but we do let them decide on guns?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Lol, that what I said.
If his states citizens wanted a ban, guess what, he's gonna sign a ban.
Big difference when its a Federal law over a state law.

My bad, didn't even read the thread.  Just saw the dumb and responded.
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
it's pretty funny that the resident conservatives on getbig are defending a man who signed an assault weapons ban.

1) but it's okay for states to do it.
2) what was he supposed to do, he was in a liberal state
3) but its' been 8 years, that's a long time.

unreal.  Three piss-poor excuses for why a 'severely conservative' republican who loves the 2nd amendment would deprive millions in the state who didn't support this damn bill, of their rifles.  Because he, in his own words, didn't believe people should have them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
what if you are one of the 49% of people in the state who DIDNT want their 2nd amendment rights stomped on?

Shit, I cannot believe me ears.  hey, the majority of americans would endorse a lot of unconstitutional shit.  Doesnt  mean the governor has to vote for it.

Fury

• Getbig V
why don't we let the states decide on abortion, but we do let them decide on guns?

States should be allowed to decide on abortion, too.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
it's pretty funny that the resident conservatives on getbig are defending a man who signed an assault weapons ban.

1) but it's okay for states to do it.
2) what was he supposed to do, he was in a liberal state
3) but its' been 8 years, that's a long time.

unreal.  Three piss-poor excuses for why a 'severely conservative' republican who loves the 2nd amendment would deprive millions in the state who didn't support this damn bill, of their rifles.  Because he, in his own words, didn't believe people should have them.

No one is defending him.
But you go on like Obama is a saint, and one of them wants A FEDERAL LEVEL PERMANENT AWB, and the other one signed a STATE LEVEL BAN 8 years ago.

Yet you go after Romney, cause he signed one, at the state level, in one of the most liberal states in the Union.

Really 240? Really?