Author Topic: Anderson Silva is the supposed 1 P4P in MMA  (Read 4657 times)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Anderson Silva is the supposed 1 P4P in MMA
« on: July 26, 2012, 08:29:48 PM »
he wont fight the current UFC LHW in Jon Jones because theyre 'friends' well in boxing competition overrides friendship just consider how many time Pacman beat Moralez

Yet he will fight the champ in which is considerably smaller than him

“No opponent makes sense for Anderson at this moment. Unless we do a catchweight against Georges St. Pierre. They didn’t offer the fight, but he’s the only one that could do a super fight. Anderson has the biggest paycheck in the UFC, and you can’t promote an event with these amateur kids that are coming up now.”  - Silvas manager  Guimaraes, Tatame Magazine

cephissus

• Getbig V
Re: Anderson Silva is the supposed 1 P4P in MMA
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 08:33:17 PM »
He should just retire.  Jones is bigger, stronger, faster, and over a decade younger.  Even if anderson is better "p4p" I don't think he can win.

Hopefully he reads this post.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 02:54:27 AM »
what's silva's natural fighting weight?  so, you want him to fight a naturally bigger and younger man, who is at the top of his game?  roy jones jr did this, but he picked a tomato can HW champ.  i have a better idea, lets see how FMW would fair against Andre Ward at his best weight.  Lets be sensible.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 02:59:00 AM »
what's silva's natural fighting weight?  so, you want him to fight a naturally bigger and younger man, who is at the top of his game?  roy jones jr did this, but he picked a tomato can HW champ.  i have a better idea, lets see how FMW would fair against Andre Ward at his best weight.  Lets be sensible.

Lol Ward vs Mayweather would be a records fight for number of clinches/running/ducking per round

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 03:04:38 AM »
Lol Ward vs Mayweather would be a records fight for number of clinches/running/ducking per round

::)

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 03:07:37 AM »
Weidman?

Gab

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 03:18:06 AM »
Weiderman?

he doesn't wanna fight Weidman cause he thinks he is an "amateur".
he won't fight Jones who is more similar in size and reach to him than GSP.
if they make a GSP superfight tho GSP will win. mark my words.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 03:28:13 AM »
::)

Dont you agree that with their super illusive styles, even at the same weight it wouldn't be toe to toe stuff would it?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 06:20:01 AM »
Gsp would beat Silva.  Silva was exposed by Sonnen.  GSP is much too intelligent of a fighter to NOT beat Silva and implement Sonnen's plan better and faster... along with a higher paced cardio.

Bones would beat Silva.  Actually, he would demolish him.

Silva is an awesome fighter with amazing striking and movement.  He's been placed on a level that he shouldn't be on. 

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 10:21:25 AM »
220-230lbs nice spin ::)

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 10:24:54 AM »
He should just retire.  Jones is bigger, stronger, faster, and over a decade younger.  Even if anderson is better "p4p" I don't think he can win.

Hopefully he reads this post.

I wasn't overly impressed with Jone's in his last fight against Rashad Evans.  It was long drawn out fight, which clearly showed Jone's weaknesses.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 10:51:26 AM »
I wasn't overly impressed with Jone's in his last fight against Rashad Evans.  It was long drawn out fight, which clearly showed Jone's weaknesses.
no he just did want to finish off rashad

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »
Gsp would beat Silva.  Silva was exposed by Sonnen.  GSP is much too intelligent of a fighter to NOT beat Silva and implement Sonnen's plan better and faster... along with a higher paced cardio.

Bones would beat Silva.  Actually, he would demolish him.

Silva is an awesome fighter with amazing striking and movement.  He's been placed on a level that he shouldn't be on. 

GSP is quick and does push the pace, seems like he hasn't had a fight in forever tho

Gab

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 03:00:22 PM »
GSP is quick and does push the pace, seems like he hasn't had a fight in forever tho

he tore his acl last october last year or something like that. he is schedueld to figh Condit in november tho. :)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 03:27:19 PM »
  Anderson
  Jones
  Georges

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 06:01:04 PM »
brazil is cool, i lived in little brazil in newark,nj for years.brazilian people r tough as nails but really nice
R

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 06:30:46 PM »

Silva has fought at 205 and been victorious.  GSP hasn't fought at 185...he fights at 170....he isn't a huge 170 either.  Even at 178 or 180 Silva would have an edge physically that GSP would not be able to overcome.  SIlva going to 205 to fight Jones is a better, fairer fight.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 08:55:56 PM »
Not wanting to fight a "friend" would mean that they don't understand that its a sporting event. It's not like their in Rome and having to fight to the death.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 03:01:51 PM »
GSP wins. Hands down. His cardio is too strong. His BJJ is too strong. His striking stands with Silva. And he's hungrier than Silva and has more discipline.

Trust me - when GSP returns, he owns the sport. He would dominate in savage fashion.

But they'll never have the fight. Too much for the UFC to lose to diminish either fighter. Best to let them draw as champions to prop up payperview events.

andy is too big

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 09:40:08 PM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 10:44:22 PM »
GSP wins. Hands down. His cardio is too strong. His BJJ is too strong. His striking stands with Silva. And he's hungrier than Silva and has more discipline.

Trust me - when GSP returns, he owns the sport. He would dominate in savage fashion.

But they'll never have the fight. Too much for the UFC to lose to diminish either fighter. Best to let them draw as champions to prop up payperview events.

Damn, tell me more about this man with a bum knee...will he be the bringer of truth, light, and  heavens will open up?

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 06:06:18 AM »
Damn, tell me more about this man with a bum knee...will he be the bringer of truth, light, and  heavens will open up?

Kneel before ZOD!