Author Topic: What the heck is this Chick a Filet thing all about w the twinks?  (Read 27085 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: What the heck is this Chick a Filet thing all about w the twinks?
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2012, 05:25:09 AM »
As mayors around the country — including Boston’s, Chicago’s and San Francisco’s — are backing efforts to keep the fast food chain out of their cities due to the company’s president, Dan Cathy, spending millions to push back against gay marriage, Mr. Bloomberg said it’s “a bad idea and it’s not going to happen” on John Gambling’s radio show this morning.

Are you kidding me?  Please tell me you're making this up?

Insane

Don't you dare have a differing view here in the United States...  ::)

You really don’t want to ask political beliefs or religious beliefs before you issue a permit, that’s just not government’s job.”

Bloomberg said this?  Well, that surprises the hell out of me!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2012, 05:31:32 AM »
Hell has truly frozen over.    ;D  ;D

hahahahahahahhahahahahah ahahah!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2012, 10:44:34 AM »
i ordered 7 of the $1.05 ice cream mini-sundaes for the pile of kiddies I took there-

:)

Vince, have you ever found your old commercial online?
R

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2012, 11:53:19 AM »

Matt Drudge and Michael Graham both note the hypocrisy of left-wing mayors who want to ban Chick-fil-A from their cities for opposing gay marriage. ("GODFATHER WELCOMES FARRAKHAN" and "Imam Who Inspired Menino’s Mosque Lists The Many Ways To Kill Gays".) Hey leftists, how about first breaking away from your bromances with Muslim demagogues who want to put homosexuals to death?

But the biggest hypocrisy is the contrast with their position on the Ground Zero mosque, where numerous leading leftists, from Obama on down, insisted that Muslims have a constitutional right to establish a mosque in a building that was hit by the landing gear of Flight 175 after it came out the back of WTC2 on 9/11.

Just as leftist Democrats Emanuel, Moreno and Menino want to bar Chick-fil-A from their territories for speaking what they consider to be blasphemy (despite its being the majority view), so too leftists in New York City (led by leftist Republican mayor Mike Bloomberg) rammed the mosque permit through very much on the basis of their approval of its speech content, all while pretending to be acting on the basis of content neutrality. The details are worth recalling.

The Ground Zero mosque site, 51 Park Place, is actually part of Ground Zero. From the beginning, this was Imam Rauf's explicit rationale for wanting to build there:

The location was precisely a key selling point for the group of Muslims who bought the building in July. A presence so close to theWorldTradeCenter, “where a piece of the wreckage fell,” said Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the cleric leading the project, “sends the opposite statement to what happened on 9/11.”
“We want to push back against the extremists,” added Imam Feisal, 61.

Right, push back against the extremists. That's why Rauf named his project "The Cordoba Initiative," a name that dovetails with the first sentence of Osama bin Laden's proclaimed justification for the 9/11 attacks:
Let the whole world know that we shall never accept that the tragedy of Andalusia will be repeated inPalestine. We cannot accept that Palestinewill become Jewish.
Cordoba was the Muslim capital of Andalusia (the Iberian peninsula when it was controlled by the Moors). Bin Laden in-effect named his attack "the Andalusia initiative," and Rauf just changed "Andalusia" to its closest synonym. Both seek to bring the entire world under sharia law (the instrument of  Islamic rule). About this, Rauf brooks no compromise:

And since a Shari'ah is understood as a law with God at its center, it is not possible in principle to limit the Shari'ah to some aspects of human life and leave out others.

So how does Rauf have a constitutional right to build his Islamic victory mosque on a piece of Ground Zero, which Obama himself describes as "hallowed ground"?
(Excerpt) Read more at floppingaces.net...

TOPICS: Government; Politics; Click to Add Topic
KEYWORDS: chickfila; islam; mosquem; Click to Add Keyword

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2012, 01:19:15 PM »
all this chik fila talk has me wanting a chicken sandwich

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2012, 01:31:24 PM »
As Chicago Chick-fil-A Owner Requests Emanuel Meeting, Teens Protest Chain In California: VIDEO
Towelroad ^ | July 26 2012 | A. Towleroad
Posted on July 28, 2012 3:32:18 PM EDT by scottjewell

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's announcement that "Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values" and opposition to the fast food franchise's expansion there because of CEO Dan Cathy's anti-gay politics really ruffled some feathers.

Lauren Silich, the owner of Chicago's sole Chick-fil-A, is asking Emanuel to have a sit down to iron things out.

The Chicago Tribune reports:

[Silich] invited Emanuel to meet her, her husband and management staff at her restaurant. The mayor's office had no immediate response. In an interview today, Silich addressed Emanuel's comments. "I get it," Silich said in an interview. "I’m from here as well."

"I just want people to know there’s a local face to this controversy," she added. "We’re not a corporate face. We love our city."

In a letter sent to the media, Silich also said that she and her staff are committed "serving all of our guests with honor, dignity and respect." She went on to highlight Chick-fil-A's immediate economic impact: "We alone created 97 jobs this past year and our passion is building leaders for future generations, regardless of sexual orientation or beliefs."

Will Emanuel meet with Silich or will he be a scaredy cat. (What, did you think I'd go with chicken?)

In other Chick-fil-A news, a group of teen activists from Youth Empowered to Act joined forced with GLAAD to protest the grand opening of a new location in Laguna Hills, California. Watch an NBC report on the protest and see some other images AFTER THE JUMP.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2012, 02:13:45 PM »
Liberals seem to be all for tolerance, except when being tolerant conflicts with their beliefs. Lolzers.

So much for tolerance and freedom from religious persecution.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   General/Chat
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Boston’s Catholic mayor backs off vow to block Chick-Fil-A from city
life news ^ | 7.28.2012 | Kathleen Gilbert
Posted on July 28, 2012 5:25:28 PM EDT by Morgana

BOSTON, July 27, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Boston Mayor Thomas Menino has backpedaled on remarks that he would keep Chick-fil-A off city grounds because the head of the fast food chicken restaurant supports traditional marriage - but maintaining that he hopes the chain will stay out of Boston.

Menino told the Boston Herald Thursday that he can’t actually stop the restaurant from opening there, despite his staunch opposition to its pro-family position.

“I can’t do that. That would be interference to his rights to go there,” Menino sai

Menino had warned “it will be very difficult” for Chick-fil-A to obtain licenses for a restaurant in Boston, where the chain was reportedly looking to open a location, after Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy defended his company’s donation to “anti-gay” groups such as Focus on the Family.

“Chick-fil-A doesn’t belong in the city of Boston,” Menino had said.

The remarks drew criticism from unexpected corners, including a Boston Globe editorial that chastised the mayor for not recognizing the company head’s right to religious beliefs - even as Chicago mayor and former Obama Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel anathematized Chick-fil-A in similar terms.

In remarks the Boston Herald captured on video Thursday, Menino cast his opposition to Cathy’s stance as a matter of personal opinion. “That’s my personal opinion, as mayor I can express myself as well as anybody else. I just don’t think he should come to Boston, and feed off the people of our city who are really a city that welcomes gay marriage, welcomes inclusion, and welcomes diversity,” he said.

Asked by another reporter in the Herald video whether Menino felt the same way towards the Boy Scouts and the Roman Catholic Church, who also do not promote gay rights, Menino responded, “They’re not funding organizations who are anti-gay. They’re not funding them, okay? It’s a different story.”

Mumbles probably ot word from legal to STFU.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2012, 02:57:38 PM »
it's funny how republicans have gone from defending their guy for sexual intolerance, to attacking liberals for being offended at it. lol.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2012, 03:16:50 PM »
it's funny how republicans have gone from defending their guy for sexual intolerance, to attacking liberals for being offended at it. lol.

Uh, I see intolerance of a different kind here.
Intolerance for a difference of opinion.
Everyone has a right to their opinion, and pretty sure no politician should be able to try and block a restaurant chain based on the owners religious beliefs.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2012, 03:17:16 PM »
Have you had Chick-Fil-A?  It's honestly so delicious that I'd still eat their if the owner joined Al Qaeda.  They always have very clean looking, extremely friendly girls working.

Fucking statement of the damn month right here.

Preach it!

That shit is goddam delicious.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2012, 05:50:59 AM »
:)

Vince, have you ever found your old commercial online?

Its from the 80's.....never bothered to look
A

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2012, 11:15:53 AM »
Obese?  LOL   I'm the best shape now I have been in years.   Rude?   Yes   
post pics or its a lie.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2012, 12:19:58 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Speaker Quinn: NYC Should Totally Ban Chick-Fil-A
http://gothamist.com ^ | 7-29-2012 | By Jen Chung
Posted on July 29, 2012 12:34:33 PM EDT by Maelstorm

Just as it was a total shock that Sarah Palin likes Chick-fil-A, Speaker Christine Quinn, NYC's first gay City Council Speaker, dropped this "bombshell": She thinks the anti-gay fast food chain should be banned from NYC until it changes its stance on gay-marriage.

Actually, it is sort of surprising from Quinn, since she usually agrees with Mayor Bloomberg, who thinks a Chick-fil-A ban is a "bad idea." But given that Chick-fil-A's president has emphasized that the company is against gay marriage and that Quinn was married to her partner earlier this year, it's natural that Quinn would ask NYU to kick out Chick-fil-A, and started a petition demanding an apology from Chick-fil-A, as well as a change of attitude. (It also keeps people guessing about how Quinn feels about NYU.)

Quinn wrote in a letter to NYU President John Sexton, "I do not want establishments in my city that hold such discriminatory views... I urge you to sever your relationship with the Chick-fil-A establishment that exists on your campus. This establishment should be replaced with an establishment where the ownership does not denigrate a portion of our population." And this is what her petition says:

Chick-fil-A: We demand the Chick-fil-A executive apologize and change his position by Christine Quinn

We believe New York City is a place that celebrates diversity. We do not believe in denigrating others. We revel in the differences of our people and their families. We find the remarks made by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy to be repugnant and un-American. In New York City, we stand up against intolerance and homophobia. We demand the Chick-fil-A executive apologize and change his position.

Futhermore, we do not support establishments in New York City that promote discrimination. We are not going to eat at Chick-fil-A or patronize businesses that do not reflect the diversity and openness of our great city. So far the petition has 326 signatures.

Earlier this year, NYU students voted to keep Chick-fil-A on free speech grounds, not because those waffle fries are awesome.

Typical of the totalitarian intolerant Marxist communist left.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2012, 12:24:14 PM »
Speaker Quinn is playing to his base.  It's what politicians do.

Luckily, he received a "secret" plan from Sarah Palin herself about the GOP's plan to ban homosexuality in 2012.

So donate, now!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »
Speaker Quinn is playing to his base.  It's what politicians do.

Luckily, he received a "secret" plan from Sarah Palin herself about the GOP's plan to ban homosexuality in 2012.

So donate, now!

Quinn is a dyke.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/us-region-liked-chick-fil-a-more-post-anti-gay-controversy-2012-7

Wednesday is chick filet support day, I think I'll get a shirt and wear t in grand central and down union square to piss off the communist fags.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2012, 02:05:23 PM »
LOL @ Sarah Palin and other republicans ignoring the economy and talking about, um, the response of some people to what some other people think about gay marriage.

Sarah palin SHOULD be posing with the US Debt clock or maybe something RELEVANT.  No, she's playing the heartstings of a wedge issue.  Fools lap it up.  We're not talking about the economy.  Obama loving this chik-fila story.

I bet tomorrow all the talk shows open up talking about this silly story, and not the economy or the election.  "liberals are so mad" = fodder for the sheep.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2012, 06:20:17 AM »
NYC City Council Speaker Christine Quinn Asks NYU President to Kick Chick-fil-A Off its Campus
 Towelroad ^ | July 28 2012 | A. Towleroad

Posted on Monday, July 30, 2012 8:21:09 AM by scottjewell

NYC City Council Speaker Christine Quinn is urging New York University, which rents space to the city's only Chick-fil-A restaurant, to kick the franchise off its campus because of its support for anti-gay causes.

Says Quinn, in part, in a letter sent today to NYU President John Sexton:

NYC is a place where we celebrate diversity. We do not believe in denigrating others...As you know from recent press coverage, the President of Chick-fil-A continues to make statements and support causes that are clear messages of extreme intolerance and homophobia and a belief that LGBT Americans are less than others and deserve to be treated as such.

Let me be clear -- I do not want establishments in my city that hold such discriminatory views.

I urge you to sever your relationship with the Chick-fil-A establishment that exists on your campus. This establishment should be replaced with an establishment where the ownership does not denigrate a portion of our population.

(Excerpt) Read more at towleroad.com

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2012, 06:34:11 AM »
I find the controversy over it laughable.  Especially from the right that talks about how "leftists" are whining and melting down and yet say nothing with the Christian right wackos want to protest and boycott JCPenny, Disney World, Home Depot, Sears, etc...  (and quite unsuccessfully too). 

That being said, Chic Fil A is like the white man's KFC.  That is some good shit.  The closest one here is out west about 20 miles, but if I am ever in that area for any reason I always go there.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2012, 07:06:44 AM »
Ravenstahl (Pittsburgh) supports mayors' stance against Chick-fil-A
http://www.wtae.com/news/local/allegheny/Ravenstahl-supports-mayors-stance-against-Chick-fil-A/-/109 ^ | July 30, 2012

Posted on Monday, July 30, 2012 9:52:38 AM

PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl is standing behind stances taken by mayors in Chicago and Boston against Chick-fil-A after the company’s president said he was not in favor gay marriage.

“I came out in support of gay marriage and support the right of gay couples to marry and would be supportive of them in this case as well,” Ravenstahl said Thursday.

Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy said he doesn't support same-sex marriage. The fast-food chain said it has a history of applying biblically based principles to its business, such as closing stores on Sundays.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel told the Chicago Tribune that Cathy’s comments "disrespect our fellow neighbors and residents," and therefore building the restaurant in Chicago "would be a bad investment, since it would be empty."

Last week, Boston Mayor Thomas Menino told the Boston Herald he would block Chick-fil-A from opening a restaurant in the city.

--snip--

Ravenstahl said there are currently no plans for a Chick-fil-A restaurant in the city.

(Excerpt) Read more at wtae.com ...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2012, 07:14:04 AM »
I find the controversy over it laughable.  Especially from the right that talks about how "leftists" are whining and melting down and yet say nothing with the Christian right wackos want to protest and boycott JCPenny, Disney World, Home Depot, Sears, etc...  (and quite unsuccessfully too). 

Boycotts are so fucking dumb.

The real world doesn't give a shit if you don't like a company... If they have a product that most people want, they are just fine.

So stupid.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2012, 08:57:05 AM »
Boycotts are so fucking dumb.

The real world doesn't give a shit if you don't like a company... If they have a product that most people want, they are just fine.

So stupid.

Exactly.   Disney has been raking in the $$$ the entire time that rightwing moonbats have been depriving their kids of a national childhood experience.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2012, 10:06:38 AM »
I've eaten at Chic Fil A since I was a kid....in fact I was actually in a commercial when I was a child.....

The fact is that this controversy is no different than the one with Kirk Cameron.  They basically floated a question where they already knew the answer to it and thus creating the issue out of thin air.

The company is closed on Sundays, the company website clearly promotes traditional Baptist Christian values....so of course they would be against gay marriage.  It would be the same as if I walked up to a KKK member and asked if he liked black people.... ::)

Fuck this shit....I'm still going there anyway.  I go there to get the 12 piece chicken nuggets, large waffle fries, and a large freshly squeezed lemonade. I've always been gotten great service and hot food and they have never discriminated against anyone or denied service to anyone

This is America and you have the right to believe as you choose.  So what if the president doesn't agree with gay marriage???  I'm more worried about the folks out there who are racist and bigots and don't say anything.  

You nailed it, Vince. This is a bunch of gay activists making static about basically nothing. The lion's share of Christian organizations are against gay "marriage" and they know it.

This is about as ridiculous as the parents of those lesbians in California, suing a Christian school for booting the girls out, with the school handbook clearly stating their position on homosexuality.

As for Chik-Fil-A, the kids' meals often come with Adventures In Odyssey or Veggie Tales toys and games.  

Christian organizations against gay "marriage".....who'd thunk it? What's next, Greenpeace being against pollution?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2012, 10:08:14 AM »
nice distraction issue.  i hope sarah palin does a photo op for the shiity jobs report we'll get this week.  

no wait, if it's not raw meat being throw on the rabid far right, she doesn't have an opinon on it.  gotcha.