Author Topic: do you know very descriptively what a massive heart attack feels like?  (Read 1117 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
seems that ex indiania white boy b-ball player died of a "massive heart attack" only 36, the question i propose is, did he give up on breathing while he was too relaxed during a normal uptick in heart rate if your not breathing enough? or is there another possibility?

he was lean, i remember the heart crap started with me even when i was lean as fuck and then decided to be comfortably fat

so whats the theory on these massive heart attacks, im sure i have somewhat of an idea. 2 scenarios

1. your sitting watching tv all relaxed for a while then the heart suddenly upticks in rhythm higher, and higher, (i my self experienced this so many times that i can literally self experiement) i know the immediate remedy is to take a deep breath . I think the heart beats harder and faster all of a sudden when at rest when your not taking in enough oxygen or breathing enough cause your all relaxed. Did the indiana player experience the increased heart rate out of now where (exactly what i experience from time to time) and more or less panicked and didnt breath hard enough?

2 your working out hard as fuck in the direct sunlight doing squats and pushups and shit your hearts racing, your naturally breathing extra hard and hoping your body can adjust to the extreme fatigue of the heat mixing with the sunlight and your weightlifting. Some bros from up north moving to a hot climate might not be able to handle the adjustment to such a harsh environment and "give up" trying to breath extra hard then pass out and die, unless they are used to being out doors often
A

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Johnny, have you ever had your heart looked at?  Sounds like you were possibly having SVT's.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
He wasn't having SVTs if a deep breath cooled him down.  My friend had to have an ablasion (sp?) due to his svt...i took him to the hospital to get a shot of adenosine maybe?  his heart rate was something ridiculous like 280 beats per minute upon arrival.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
He wasn't having SVTs if a deep breath cooled him down.  My friend had to have an ablasion (sp?) due to his svt...i took him to the hospital to get a shot of adenosine maybe?  his heart rate was something ridiculous like 280 beats per minute upon arrival.

The number one trick to stopping an SVT is a Valsalva maneuver.  Take a deep breath, and then push.  Like you're constipated.  It stimulates the Vagus nerve and slows the heart.  This sounds like what Johnny may have been doing.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
The number one trick to stopping an SVT is a Valsalva maneuver.  Take a deep breath, and then push.  Like you're constipated.  It stimulates the Vagus nerve and slows the heart.  This sounds like what Johnny may have been doing.
yep very good advice ill do the deep breath and flex the abs real tight almost like taking a crap lol. but it works i think the flexing helps stagnated unoxygenated blood become revitalized by passing through the system
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Johnny, have you ever had your heart looked at?  Sounds like you were possibly having SVT's.

thanks for the reply....theres lots of names docs can call this stuff from an openminded objective point of view.  and certainly my symptoms could fall under this name

i went to a doc and since nothing odd came up on the ekg they said i could wear a device at all times that will catch me at a time when i do have an "svt" episode. My doc just gives me a blank stare and tells me im fine lol. now these svt's were real bad when i was injesting alot of caffiene

but my occurences of the symptom are too far  apart and rare. and even that a doc is gonna want you on pills

i just think its an interesting life changing thing to have to deal with, its like death comes knocking with an accelerated heart rate, you can choose not to take a deep breath and suicide your self, or you can take that breath and or flex down on your abs and keep on living

A

Twaddle

• Getbig V
yep very good advice ill do the deep breath and flex the abs real tight almost like taking a crap lol. but it works i think the flexing helps stagnated unoxygenated blood become revitalized by passing through the system

Vasalva maneuvers can be dangerous, and should only be attempted if you're having an episode of SVT.  Another trick is to dunk your head in ice water.  This will also stimulate the Vagus nerve, and slow the heart.  You can try this if you like.  Do some physical activities like a lawn mowing session, or heavy bags, or weed pulling, etc.  Measure your heart rate while it's beating fast.  Now, dunk your head in ice water for a few seconds, and measure your heart rate.  Notice how it slows down.

Again though, this should only be used when the heart is beating fast, and shouldn't be.   :)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Vasalva maneuvers can be dangerous, and should only be attempted if you're having an episode of SVT.  Another trick is to dunk your head in ice water.  This will also stimulate the Vagus nerve, and slow the heart.  You can try this if you like.  Do some physical activities like a lawn mowing session, or heavy bags, or weed pulling, etc.  Measure your heart rate while it's beating fast.  Now, dunk your head in ice water for a few seconds, and measure your heart rate.  Notice how it slows down.

Again though, this should only be used when the heart is beating fast, and shouldn't be.   :)
yeah i posted a thread about Vasalva maneuvers a while back. works very well at regulating and calming down the body... eating beans daily have really helped aswell , i rarely ever have to use a vasalva manuever, 99.5 percent of the time i just take a deep breath if i have rapid increase in heart rate out of nowhere
A