Author Topic: Book bombshell: Obama canceled Bin Laden raid three times at Jarrett’s urging  (Read 1273 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/29/obama-canceled-bin-laden-kill-raid-three-times-valerie-jarrett/

At the urging of Valerie Jarrett, President Barack Obama canceled the operation to kill Osama bin Laden on three separate occasions before finally approving the May 2, 2011 Navy SEAL mission, according to an explosive new book scheduled for release August 21. The Daily Caller has seen a portion of the chapter in which the stunning revelation appears.

In ”Leading From Behind: The Reluctant President and the Advisors Who Decide for Him,“ Richard Miniter writes that Obama canceled the “kill” mission in January 2011, again in February, and a third time in March. Obama’s close adviser Valerie Jarrett persuaded him to hold off each time, according to the book.

Miniter, a two-time New York Times best-selling author, cites an unnamed source with Joint Special Operations Command who had direct knowledge of the operation and its planning.

Obama administration officials also said after the raid that the president had delayed giving the order to kill the arch-terrorist the day before the operation was carried out, in what turned out to be his fourth moment of indecision. At the time, the White House blamed the delay on unfavorable weather conditions near bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

But when Miniter obtained that day’s weather reports from the U.S. Air Force Combat Meteorological Center, he said, they showed ideal conditions for the SEALs to carry out their orders.

“President Obama’s greatest success was actually his greatest failure,” Miniter told The Daily Caller Friday. ”Leading From Behind,“ he said, traces the arc of six key Obama administration decisions, and shows how the president made them — and, often, failed to make them.

Another chapter, he told TheDC, concerns the push to pass the Affordable Care Act. The president, Miniter said, was less interested than then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in passing his own signature legislative achievement.

Osama bin Laden steered the global operations of the al-Qaida terror network until his death last year at the hands of the U.S. Navy’s SEAL Team Six. The president and his surrogates have made the terrorist leader’s death a focal point in Obama’s re-election campaign, painting Obama as a decisive leader who took down America’s greatest mortal enemy.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/29/obama-canceled-bin-laden-kill-raid-three-times-valerie-jarrett/#ixzz226GWQNjD
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
My issue.....based on a political hacks opinion they cancelled it. I'm not crazy about "unnamed" sources but based on the fact that it was a JSOC guy and guys from ST6 are coming out of the woodwork complaining about Barry and his post raid conduct, I guess it could be true. Good job Barry.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
wait, getbiggers said this decision was a gimme.  They said it was out of obama's hands.  They said there was nothing bold nor brave nor uncertain, and that they would have done it without him. 

Your article is cool, but it goes against getbigger logic that the POTUS had nothing to do with this decision, hence gets zero credit for potential blame.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
wait, getbiggers said this decision was a gimme.  They said it was out of obama's hands.  They said there was nothing bold nor brave nor uncertain, and that they would have done it without him. 

Your article is cool, but it goes against getbigger logic that the POTUS had nothing to do with this decision, hence gets zero credit for potential blame.

STFU.   We said at the time Jarrett is running the show. 

Bro - don't you at all feel even the least bit embarassed for yourself at this point?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V

No we said that Barry didn't do anything...he didn't build JSOC, he didn't build the intel procedures and organizations that found and built the intel on the raid. It appears all Barry duid was get in the way 3 times based on political quakery...and then claim credit and leak everything he could. Keep defending a shitbag that with every breath tries to destroy the country.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No we said that Barry didn't do anything...he didn't build JSOC, he didn't build the intel procedures and organizations that found and built the intel on the raid. It appears all Barry duid was get in the way 3 times based on political quakery...and then claim credit and leak everything he could. Keep defending a shitbag that with every breath tries to destroy the country.

Remember - Obama was on the golf course when it happened so as to declare to have nothing to do with it if it went wrong and already had a letter blaming the military in advance if it failed.

Its only far left obama tampons like 180 who still buy into the fake narrative.   

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
When a Navy seal who was involved in the mission says "it doesn't matter who is president" you left wing idiots are supposed to believe him. Lil Barry was a non-factor. Period.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
When a Navy seal who was involved in the mission says "it doesn't matter who is president" you left wing idiots are supposed to believe him. Lil Barry was a non-factor. Period.

if the raid had gone horribly - do you think getbiggers would have said "hey, not obama's fault"?   I doubt that would have been 33's quote.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
if the raid had gone horribly - do you think getbiggers would have said "hey, not obama's fault"?   I doubt that would have been 33's quote.

Obama already had a letter ready blamimng the military ready to go if it went bad. 

again - how you call yourself informed on what is going on despite watching 24/7 msnbc is really shocking . . . .  .well . . . . . . you get the picture.     

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Obama already had a letter ready blamimng the military ready to go if it went bad. 

again - how you call yourself informed on what is going on despite watching 24/7 msnbc is really shocking . . . .  .well . . . . . . you get the picture.     

yeah that's right you have to get your news from india     200 million a day       to be well informed  :D

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
if the raid had gone horribly - do you think getbiggers would have said "hey, not obama's fault"?   I doubt that would have been 33's quote.

Left wing "getbiggers" will blame the military and will call for even deeper cuts for the military.

The point here is that it didn't take bravery nor genius to make the call. Lil Barry did not direct nor contribute anything to military protocol or intelligence gathering that led to UBL. PERIOD.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

again - how you call yourself informed on what is going on despite watching 24/7 msnbc is really shocking . . . .  .well . . . . . . you get the picture.    

According to you and that seal quoted above - that letter makes perfect sense - because the prez has nothing to do with such a mission, right?  So that letter clearing him of blame makes perfect sense.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/29/obama-canceled-bin-laden-kill-raid-three-times-valerie-jarrett/

At the urging of Valerie Jarrett, President Barack Obama canceled the operation to kill Osama bin Laden on three separate occasions before finally approving the May 2, 2011 Navy SEAL mission, according to an explosive new book scheduled for release August 21. The Daily Caller has seen a portion of the chapter in which the stunning revelation appears.

In ”Leading From Behind: The Reluctant President and the Advisors Who Decide for Him,“ Richard Miniter writes that Obama canceled the “kill” mission in January 2011, again in February, and a third time in March. Obama’s close adviser Valerie Jarrett persuaded him to hold off each time, according to the book.

Miniter, a two-time New York Times best-selling author, cites an unnamed source with Joint Special Operations Command who had direct knowledge of the operation and its planning.

Obama administration officials also said after the raid that the president had delayed giving the order to kill the arch-terrorist the day before the operation was carried out, in what turned out to be his fourth moment of indecision. At the time, the White House blamed the delay on unfavorable weather conditions near bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

But when Miniter obtained that day’s weather reports from the U.S. Air Force Combat Meteorological Center, he said, they showed ideal conditions for the SEALs to carry out their orders.

“President Obama’s greatest success was actually his greatest failure,” Miniter told The Daily Caller Friday. ”Leading From Behind,“ he said, traces the arc of six key Obama administration decisions, and shows how the president made them — and, often, failed to make them.

Another chapter, he told TheDC, concerns the push to pass the Affordable Care Act. The president, Miniter said, was less interested than then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in passing his own signature legislative achievement.

Osama bin Laden steered the global operations of the al-Qaida terror network until his death last year at the hands of the U.S. Navy’s SEAL Team Six. The president and his surrogates have made the terrorist leader’s death a focal point in Obama’s re-election campaign, painting Obama as a decisive leader who took down America’s greatest mortal enemy.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/29/obama-canceled-bin-laden-kill-raid-three-times-valerie-jarrett/#ixzz226GWQNjD

So he gave the order to kill OBL? Whats the problem? It didnt happen soon enough. Tell that to the pres who started 2 wars to get him.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
According to you and that seal quoted above - that letter makes perfect sense - because the prez has nothing to do with such a mission, right?  So that letter clearing him of blame makes perfect sense.

Funny - Ike had a letter taking full responsibility if D-Day went wrong. 

Too bad your feckless pofs messiah is not the leader Ike was and always tried to blame everyone else in the event of failure. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Funny - Ike had a letter taking full responsibility if D-Day went wrong. 

Too bad your feckless pofs messiah is not the leader Ike was and always tried to blame everyone else in the event of failure. 

I didn't realize ike was president during WWII.    I guess I'm going to punch my history teacher when I see her.  I thought he was a general, in which case this letter would make perfect sense. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I didn't realize ike was president during WWII.    I guess I'm going to punch my history teacher when I see her.  I thought he was a general, in which case this letter would make perfect sense. 

::)  ::)   

Pathetic 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
::)  ::)   

Pathetic 

well, you say obama had no call in the decision, then you shit on him for having a letter saying he had no call in the decision.  ???

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
well, you say obama had no call in the decision, then you shit on him for having a letter saying he had no call in the decision.  ???

LOL.

It's easy to cherry pick what to whine and fabricate fake outrage about when the "alternative" scenario of an action benefits a biased view point. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I'm saying he set it up for tails I win, heads they lose once he was forced into it by Panetta and the military who were begging him for 5 months to do it.     

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Why am I not surprised? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V

wait - we're told he didn't control it or have in a say in it?

how the hell did he cancel somethign he didn't control or have a say in ???

Can't have it both ways.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Bin Laden is dead and the majority of Americans are going to credit to Obama.....deal with it ;D
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
If the operation failed the right wing would have given Obama 100% of the blame

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Bin Laden is dead and the majority of Americans are going to credit to Obama.....deal with it ;D

Most credit the U.S. Navy Seals, not Obama.