Author Topic: Watching these gymnast dudes makes me wonder..  (Read 24549 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: Watching these gymnast dudes makes me wonder..I
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2012, 08:13:27 PM »
Meso - I'm in no way doubting that you have super intense work outs... I believed it long before you posted that split.

YES.... if you decide to train arms more than once a week you will have to alter your work out split (and this will go for other bodyparts as well).  When I was training each body part 2 times a week I was making great gains, but I switched to training each body part once a week for two reasons... 1.  It was just physically exhausting on my nervous system, 2.  I wanted to dedicate 1 full day for a body part instead of "sharing" it with other muscles.....  this doesn't mean I wasn't making awesome gains when I was doing twice a  week... I Sure was, but it was different, and I tried to do it for as long as I could!

Thanks bro...  but frankly at the moment...  too uninterested to do so (I like being bigger, fatter, and stronger, than thinner, leaner, and weaker) and too pre-occupied with other things in my life to focus on a full on pre-contest diet (like my PhD, work, family, etc.)

Maybe one day I'll decide to compete again... but at the moment, I don't have the itch, and am just happy with how I am right now!

Ok that I agree with
choice is an illusion

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Watching these gymnast dudes makes me wonder..
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2012, 08:15:03 PM »
"making great gains" oh brother... why would you stop ::)

Honestly... I found the work outs to be too exhausting and too time consuming... not to say my work outs now are short... but they are shorter....

I decided I wanted to try another style... while still making just as good of gains...

I'm not trying to bring up one specific lagging muscle, but rather bring up my entire body.....  but all I'm saying is, IF I WAS trying to bring up one lagging part, I would do it more than once a week!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2012, 01:22:36 AM »
just curious big ach, what's your arm measure when you are in contest condition?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2012, 02:39:22 AM »

You have the worst taste.  It's like Patrick Bateman meets Ikea.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2012, 04:20:26 AM »

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2012, 04:36:45 AM »
just curious big ach, what's your arm measure when you are in contest condition?

Probably like 16.5,  when I compete at 178 or so

In the offseasom when they are 18.5 I weigh about 235 as I do now