Author Topic: 1202 lb squat!!!  (Read 9157 times)

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
1202 lb squat!!!
« on: November 11, 2005, 09:42:41 AM »
Apparently Jeff Lewis hit a 1202 lb squat getting 3 whites ona fourth attempt weighing 550 lbs! Anyone have a video of this???

manuclear

Re: 1202 lb squat!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 09:49:19 AM »

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 09:58:26 AM »
Thanks buddy!

Thats an incredible lift, and unlike the squats we have seen lately from Childress and Bolton it was DEEP.  It also looked like it was just a poly suit not a Canvass one which seems to add more weight! This guy is seriously underated.  Probably due to his size.  His bench is good too, but his dead is horrid (in comparison) if he got that up (proably can't due to size) he could have the highest total ever!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 10:09:13 AM »
Thanks buddy!

Thats an incredible lift, and unlike the squats we have seen lately from Childress and Bolton it was DEEP.  It also looked like it was just a poly suit not a Canvass one which seems to add more weight! This guy is seriously underated.  Probably due to his size.  His bench is good too, but his dead is horrid (in comparison) if he got that up (proably can't due to size) he could have the highest total ever!

He looks to be close to good depth. Close but no cigar.

It's a real squat though. Should've been three reds IMO, from seeing the clip.

He's close.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

manuclear

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 10:16:46 AM »
From the video, the squat looked deep enough to subside most controversy on depth, but I'm always hesitant to pass judgement from a lone camera angle.

It's not clear to me which suit he is using - perhaps someone can shed light. A man of his overall size, squatting with such a flared-wide stance, gets a huge amount of 2-D material support in the seat of a squat suit. I hope he someday completes in one of the unequipped strength contests that are being considered, to see what he's capable of in that arena.

Jeff Lewis is indeed one of the elite.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 12:31:55 PM »
That squat video is laughable. What's really funny is that these WPO clowns actually think they're helping make powerlifting more popular. These idiots have the bar so far down their shoulders and their legs so wide that they're not even squatting the weight. There is nothing inspirational about some fat slob doing 5" good mornings with a 3-ply squat suit and a monolift.

Someone should remind these WPO fucks that powerlifting is a sport of strength, not technique.

What a bunch of clowns.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 03:29:34 PM »
He looks to be close to good depth. Close but no cigar.

It's a real squat though. Should've been three reds IMO, from seeing the clip.

He's close.

YIP
Zack
That was a legal squat in any fed.  I agree that WPO is a joke with there lax judging, but that was a good squat.  If you veiwed that from the side I garuntee you would change your opinion of this.

manuclear

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 05:31:29 AM »

ARTI

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 09:50:02 AM »
I don't know what you guys are looking at. There's NO WAY that broke parallel.
If you think it did, you don't know how to judge a squat.

Like Hedgehog said, He was close but no cigar.

Does WPO even have red lights?
SlackJaw Fagets

Sir Duchaine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 09:55:27 AM »
Does WPO even have red lights?

Yeah, but there are unviewable through the mist of crack smoke

SL-Dubbs

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 12:18:01 PM »

Someone should remind these WPO fucks that powerlifting is a sport of strength, not technique.

That's about the most ignorant thing I've read all day.

Thanks for the laugh.

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 05:35:53 PM »
anybody check the vid below the fat guy doing the squat theres a guy benching a grand, thats bad ass even holding that much weight.  I watch that shit and wonder...."what if there was a defective weld on one of the supports of the bench", in my line of work we have welds break from numerous causes quite often it is possible with all that weight.

Blood

• Getbig II
  • Do something with your life...get fat.
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2005, 10:56:01 AM »
When you weigh 550, you can probably work on your squat just by walking around. I wonder how much more he could put up if he weighed less.
SRHS Raiders

LiftBig

• Getbig III
  • POWERLIFTING...Lift heavy or go home
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 11:53:36 AM »
Its hard to tell from that angle if his depth was good enough.  Remember its not the top of the legs that need to go deep, its the hip joint going to or past knee level.
It's good to be strong...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2005, 07:56:28 PM »
HA,HA,HA,the WPO is a joke?Yes and the crappy ass touch and go benches done by the juiced up scum bags claiming to be drug free in the USAPL are a real credit to the sport.Nothing better then a grown man with a red bloated face and a back full of zits claiming to be drug free.Yes sir,thats REAL powerlifting.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2006, 07:49:43 PM »
Cool Video. Lots of power in that big squat, but man, I don't think that bar moved more than 12"-13" at the very most. I'll let the depth go as it was a decent heavy gym squat, but a competition world record? I'll also give him a pass on the bar being about 3" below his rear delts; I'm old school (and just plain old) so I guess that is no longer an issue. Big strong man regardless.

-Tom
a

Blood

• Getbig II
  • Do something with your life...get fat.
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 05:01:52 PM »
Big strong man regardless.

Very true. Regardless of his form or whether he wearing a squat suit, that hardly qualifies as a "five-inch good morning." The fact of the matter is, he's holding in excess of 1200 lbs. on his shoulders. Much respect to Jeff Lewis; this guy squats more than my total.
SRHS Raiders

Heavy a** weights

• Getbig III
  • Big baby Jesus
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 12:17:23 AM »
I wonder why his knees don't break thats 1200 and 550 of his body wt of pressure?  :o

01thump

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 10:54:19 AM »
Those power lifting guys have some great bodies...they look so healthy..i love the fact that they all use some kind of device to help them lift and then think they are so strong...every lift should be raw no equipment what so ever for any event and then lets see who is strong...just my 2 cents.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »
that looked effortless

Crazykid909

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 06:45:21 PM »
Jeff Lewis is a true mass monster. I got respect for him just gettin the weight of the damn rack. I dont know how someones body can handle that much pressure.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 01:48:10 PM »
mike miller broke that record a couple weeks ago.