Author Topic: Michael Phelps Diet Challenge (12,000+ Calories)  (Read 31376 times)

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
Re: Michael Phelps Diet Challenge (12,000+ Calories)
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2012, 01:18:29 AM »
I'll go with 5... Not a problem... 10 - 12 is a little far fetched.
5k calories is absolutely nothing.. I did that no problem in the offseason and I lifted 4x a week and maybe did cardio 2x a week and laid around all fucking day. Michael Phelps can easily eat 8k-10k if not more. One of my friends growing up has been running A TON of marathons and weighs no more than 160lbs at like 6' and makes me feel like a bitch with the food he eats, albeit "dirtier".

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2012, 03:43:03 AM »
Pete(the guy in the youtube videos) is one of the coolest guys I have ever met. He almost died from anorexia about 10 years ago.. he started doing eating contests on bodybuilding.com for free supplements and now has become one of the top competitive eaters in the world by far, is pretty jacked in person, has documentaries and many news articles/clips about him. He also has a masters in engineering, so he could easily get a great job but gets paid VERY well to eat. I know it sounds like this is my gay man lover, but Pete has been a pretty good friend over the years.
Glutton-lust meltdown.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2012, 04:08:02 AM »
5k calories is absolutely nothing.. I did that no problem in the offseason and I lifted 4x a week and maybe did cardio 2x a week and laid around all fucking day. Michael Phelps can easily eat 8k-10k if not more. One of my friends growing up has been running A TON of marathons and weighs no more than 160lbs at like 6' and makes me feel like a bitch with the food he eats, albeit "dirtier".
Finally a getbigger who isn't caught up into this "no one can eat that much BS"

Ya getbig is right about a 220 pounder in shredded conditioning being juiced to the gills

Ya getbig is right about supplements being fake

ya getbig is right about the pros not making any money

getbig is the place for a reality check and they know all the deceptions and fake layouts and the behind the scenes

BUT when it comes to calories getbig is bunch of fucken bitches who are fucken feather weights

fuckman you guys act like there ain't people out there that can't eat, like anything over 5000 K's is impossibles, you bunch of girls wake up there is people out there that fucken eat insane amounts, fucken lol at you guys giving Phelps ONLY 5k calories, ya OK there brainiacs,..  does he eat 12k like he says? of course not, 7-8k yes fucken easily, just cause you fucken feather weights can't do it,

and shizzo,.... now this is a meltdown   ;D

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2012, 05:08:30 AM »
LOL !!!  :D
This guy has to be a GetBigger for sure !!!  ;D

Furious Pete is AWESOME.  He is funny as fuck.  Guy LOVES his beer.  Actually has leaner over the last few years.  Look at his videos 'Q&A with a competitive eater' or something like that.  You can ask him anything and he answers.  Stuff like "Does your girlfriend like anal".  HA HA

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2012, 05:10:41 AM »
swimming is probably the least taxing metabolically since the water constantly keeps the body cool, thus the body doesnt have to expend extra energy cooling itself like it does in land sports

PLEASE jump into a pool today and see how fast YOU swim the 100 freestyle.  I doubt you could last 500m of the 800m freestyle....let alone finish it in under 10mins.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2012, 05:11:14 AM »
Finally a getbigger who isn't caught up into this "no one can eat that much BS"

Ya getbig is right about a 220 pounder in shredded conditioning being juiced to the gills

Ya getbig is right about supplements being fake

ya getbig is right about the pros not making any money

getbig is the place for a reality check and they know all the deceptions and fake layouts and the behind the scenes

BUT when it comes to calories getbig is bunch of fucken bitches who are fucken feather weights

fuckman you guys act like there ain't people out there that can't eat, like anything over 5000 K's is impossibles, you bunch of girls wake up there is people out there that fucken eat insane amounts, fucken lol at you guys giving Phelps ONLY 5k calories, ya OK there brainiacs,..  does he eat 12k like he says? of course not, 7-8k yes fucken easily, just cause you fucken feather weights can't do it,

and shizzo,.... now this is a meltdown   ;D

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2012, 05:23:01 AM »
Krankenstein on here has 9000 calorie days each week and he doesn`t swim.  I`d say Phelps puts away 5-12,000 easily each day.  He burns over 1000 plus calories an hour of training, multiply that by four or five, plus the 3000 he would need just to meet maintenance BMR and you are at 8000.

This was one of my cheat days....

I usually only get 6 - 7K now on Sundays.  I don't have the 'craving' for a lot of sweets.  My regular days are about 1950 - 2100 cals.  I am shooting for the figure competitor physique.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2012, 07:39:35 AM »

I usually only get 6 - 7K now on Sundays.  I don't have the 'craving' for a lot of sweets.  My regular days are about 1950 - 2100 cals.  I am shooting for the figure competitor physique.
Epic. How many lbs of water/glycogen do you gain that day? 10-12? Monday's lift must be some insane pumps

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2012, 09:28:24 AM »

Are you female or gay ?

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2012, 10:17:00 AM »
Phelps eat 12,000 calories, per week.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »
Phelps is good at attaining gold medals

Adam86

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2012, 10:20:47 AM »
take a look at this crazy transformation

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2012, 11:49:13 AM »
Are you female or gay ?

LOL....it was a reference to a joke someone made about how many calories I eat on my 'regular' or 'low days'.  I never got hungry when I dieted for a show.  I tried the 3000 - 3500 calorie type of eating.  I just got fat.  I didn't 'bulk', I got FATTER. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2012, 01:50:15 PM »
ALL FUCKING LIES

you cant eat 12000 calories of starch and fat and very little fiber you would be so constipated

A

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2012, 01:53:27 PM »
ALL FUCKING LIES

you cant eat 12000 calories of starch and fat and very little fiber you would be so constipated

Sunday night I take 1tbs of Metamucil, then Monday morning its a nice clean, no mess, shit.  Hows that for your theory chief?  I don't suppose you saw my picture above...thats 53gm of fiber in a day.  That's 'very little fiber'???

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2012, 01:59:29 PM »
 Swimming a lot in cold water does not burn calories?

If it's very cold (like winter vs. summer temperatures) you burn a little more energy in the cold if the duration/intensity are the same.  Olympic pools are pretty warm though (80 degrees F on average).

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2012, 02:03:40 PM »
Why would anyone take diet advice from you Falcon? You are borderline obese

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2012, 02:06:18 PM »
Sunday night I take 1tbs of Metamucil, then Monday morning its a nice clean, no mess, shit.  Hows that for your theory chief?  I don't suppose you saw my picture above...thats 53gm of fiber in a day.  That's 'very little fiber'???

you dont eat 12,000 calories a day, you posted that you ate 9000 calories on a CHEAT day wich means EVEN LESS CALORIES on average perday

sure if your starving yourself you can attain 9000 calories in one day

phelps claims 12,000 calories everyday is bullshit

you cant do 12,000 calories everyday, you can only do it if you starve the day before
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2012, 02:10:18 PM »
you dont eat 12,000 calories a day, you posted that you ate 9000 calories on a CHEAT day wich means EVEN LESS CALORIES on average perday

sure if your starving yourself you can attain 9000 calories in one day

phelps claims 12,000 calories everyday is bullshit

you cant do 12,000 calories everyday, you can only do it if you starve the day before
Dude, that guy has a workload that none of us can possibly comprehend.
I dont know if 12000 is accurate, but I guarantee you its a shit ton.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2012, 02:15:05 PM »
I'm sure he eats a lot but he'd have to be burning like 9,000 calories a day to maintain his bodyweight if he eats 12,000.  Running a marathon burns about 3,000 calories.

In any case Phelps himself has said that story was false and he doesn't eat anywhere near that much so I don't know why we're still arguing about it.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2012, 02:17:47 PM »

bullshit i work 8 days a week i dont even eat half that a day, hes swimming around in a nicely temperatured pool all day long
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2012, 02:20:35 PM »
I'm sure he eats a lot but he'd have to be burning like 9,000 calories a day to maintain his bodyweight if he eats 12,000.  Running a marathon burns about 3,000 calories.

In any case Phelps himself has said that story was false and he doesn't eat anywhere near that much so I don't know why we're still arguing about it.

everyone is trolling on a saturnday adonis even claimed 315 on the incline bench for 6 reps at his peak last saturnday, you dont even see jay hittting that weight
A

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2012, 02:22:37 PM »

Just wondering why people actually believe this?

Why would he have a workload substantially higher than any other top-level athlete?  And don't tell me you think top-level athletes really "spend 5 hours a day" doing hardcore training?  Genetic tip of the iceberg or not, we're all still humans.  Never has there been anyone born, and barring bizarre genetic experiments, never will there be anyone born, who would actually get benefits from balls to the wall, calorie-destroying 5hr a day workouts...

Phelps is basically a sprinter... in water.  Does anyone believe usain bolt packs down 10000 calories, or even anything close to that?  The dude claims he eats chicken nuggets all day before the race, LOL.  At least he's honest.

Phelps probably is in the pool five hours a day or more... doing a sprint every now and then. it's not like he's marathoning around the pool.  Plus the dude is like 6% bf.  I'm sorry but the 10k figure each day is completely made up.  Yes, I'm aware in interviews he admits as much, but he still says "well i shoot for it every day, but rarely get there" (at least in the interview i read).

In my opinion, he doesn't really know what he eats, he just eats a lot, probably comes out to 5-7k...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2012, 02:27:20 PM »

Why would he have a workload substantially higher than any other top-level athlete?  And don't tell me you think top-level athletes really "spend 5 hours a day" doing hardcore training?  Genetic tip of the iceberg or not, we're all still humans.  Never has there been anyone born, and barring bizarre genetic experiments, never will there be anyone born, who would actually get benefits from balls to the wall, calorie-destroying 5hr a day workouts...

Phelps is basically a sprinter... in water.  Does anyone believe usain bolt packs down 10000 calories, or even anything close to that?  The dude claims he eats chicken nuggets all day before the race, LOL.  At least he's honest.

Phelps probably is in the pool five hours a day or more... doing a sprint every now and then. it's not like he's marathoning around the pool.  Plus the dude is like 6% bf.  I'm sorry but the 10k figure each day is completely made up.  Yes, I'm aware in interviews he admits as much, but he still says "well i shoot for it every day, but rarely get there" (at least in the interview i read).

In my opinion, he doesn't really know what he eats, he just eats a lot, probably comes out to 5-7k...
I wasnt claiming his workload is any greater than other elite athletes, just that its beyond anything that you or I could comprehend (unless you're an Olympic Athlete, which I doubt).
To me, 7k is an insane amount of food.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2012, 02:27:44 PM »

hahah good post, if i remember correctly usain bolt claimed to mainly just watch alot of tv and eat a few chicken nuggets and get alot of rest and run occasionally

eating alot of calories day in and day out will build you up to handle hard labor but not sprinting events
A